Progressive/Melodic Hardcore?[GP5/4MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Progressive/Melodic Hardcore?[GP5/4MIDI]

Camm
09-17-2008, 05:16 PM
This is a song I wrote over 2 days that I'm very proud of. It's really all over the place when it comes to composition but I hope you can hear and appreciate the transitions. I think overall it's not too awkward.

It's a mix of a lot of different genres. I wrote a lot of lead bass and really focused on the drums as driving forces for the song.

C4C, I'm always willing to listen to yours!

lionslicer9999
09-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Pretty awesome. Musical, Heavy, and groovy...

Camm
09-18-2008, 11:44 AM
25 Views and only 1 one -liner?

Come on guys!

Kakan08
09-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Not my taste really but its very original i can say for sure, pretty good man :)

ch715dallat
09-18-2008, 08:06 PM
section H was amazing the rest was ok just not really my type of thing. too happy for too much of the song although the outro was good.

Camm
09-19-2008, 12:53 AM
Thanks man =)

I didn't think it was a really happy song but that's fine. I'm glad you gave it a try anyway and listened. I don't really know what genre this song even falls into, I was guessing!

recklessnick
09-19-2008, 01:14 AM
everything after section E sounds really good. the intro sounds very fall of troy-ish. i would say its a good effort but it may be a little 'too progressive'? i dont know but most of the riffs, especially in the front, just dont work with each other very well. the ending is really awesome and i would definitely listen to it alot if it was a well-recorded song.

Pingis_Or_Death
09-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Although i generally don't like hardcore, this song was allright, I liked the bass in the intro a lot. I didn't like the "what the part" that much, I think it should have something other than just diminshed chords, but it was okay still. The interlude came kind of suddenly, but it was a nice change. The clean guitar in the interlude was nice. The solo was also very nice.
Overall a very good song.

Zora 182
09-20-2008, 12:19 AM
it's allright, at first it kinda was a "WTF?" to me, but as it got through I liked it.
it's pretty nice peice there.

care to listen to mine?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=959499

OrangeWalls
10-27-2008, 04:45 PM
You've critted mine so i crit yours ;)

I didnt really like the beginning, til part E i think... dont know really why, not my kind of music and, espacially in the beginning much to much bass (IMO^^)...

But from part E on, it was really amazing, all the riffs fit togehter and the slower parts fit perfectly to the distortion... get some poppy sound I think, but nothing wrong about that.

i'd give a 9/10 from part E ;)

tincsi666
10-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Pretty nice composition i say. Really liked the bass intro. Section D is not right =/ but after it, it gets pretty nice - the "odd solo" as you said is reall great, i could imagine some harmonizing in it. 7/10. Crit my song in my signature if you have time. ty