Heaven

PDA

View Full Version : Heaven

Nightmarenny
09-20-2008, 03:41 PM
This is pretty completely done. The solos are just space right now though. I'm uncertain about the grand changes in the latter half of the song. Do they work?

Carl6661
09-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the Crit'. :)

This wasn't really 'my style', but it was alright. :D

The intro kind of sounded like video game/elevator music.
The lead guitar in bar 10 - 12 didn't really fit in.

The verse was pretty cool, the 'lead guitar distorted' track starting was bar 13 was very cool, almost had a dark vibe when I listened to it on it's own. But when played with the verse, the piece has a brighter feel to it!

The chorus is a bit too happy really, not sure why, it just sounds it to me. And isn't really what I'd call a chorus (but as I said, this isn't what I'd normally listen to, if you like it. Then keep going with it!)

I didn't see the point in the 'Choral Hard' section, it didn't really stand out to me.

The bass solo dosen't even have a bass in? :confused:
And the gutiar solo dosen't have a lead guitar... That's weird.

The metal bridge is more alternative/classic rock really. But the riff is cool!

The bridge was cool.

The halftime chorus with only vocals, I didn't like that too much to be honest...
The way it ended could have been better, maybe work it up so theres lots of energy near the end and just give it a big major chord ringing out or something?

Overall, if you like the genre. Great!
But it really wasn't my cup of tea. Sorry :(
6/10.

Nightmarenny
09-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the Crit'. :)

This wasn't really 'my style', but it was alright. :D

The intro kind of sounded like video game/elevator music.
The lead guitar in bar 10 - 12 didn't really fit in.

The verse was pretty cool, the 'lead guitar distorted' track starting was bar 13 was very cool, almost had a dark vibe when I listened to it on it's own. But when played with the verse, the piece has a brighter feel to it!

The chorus is a bit too happy really, not sure why, it just sounds it to me. And isn't really what I'd call a chorus (but as I said, this isn't what I'd normally listen to, if you like it. Then keep going with it!)

I didn't see the point in the 'Choral Hard' section, it didn't really stand out to me.

The bass solo dosen't even have a bass in?
And the gutiar solo dosen't have a lead guitar... That's weird.

The metal bridge is more alternative/classic rock really. But the riff is cool!

The bridge was cool.

The halftime chorus with only vocals, I didn't like that too much to be honest...
The way it ended could have been better, maybe work it up so theres lots of energy near the end and just give it a big major chord ringing out or something?

Overall, if you like the genre. Great!
But it really wasn't my cup of tea. Sorry :(
6/10.
As I said I haven't written the solo's. Im still working on those. :)

Carl6661
09-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I forgot to read that bit, I just opened the file and got critting... Sorry about that....

Marskell
09-21-2008, 04:29 PM
i cant crit it, i have no idea what that is

Internal Chaos
09-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Unfortunately, this kind of music makes me cringe.

Nothing really clashed for me, but I never really listen to it. The chords seemed a little penetrating, but it was alright. I couldn't see it, because I don't have an indate version of guitar pro, due to piracy.

Honestly, I don't care for it much at all, but it's obvious you've put in a lot of effort. Keep going dude.

Thanks again, 7/10.

Nightmarenny
09-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Unfortunately, this kind of music makes me cringe.

Nothing really clashed for me, but I never really listen to it. The chords seemed a little penetrating, but it was alright. I couldn't see it, because I don't have an indate version of guitar pro, due to piracy.

Honestly, I don't care for it much at all, but it's obvious you've put in a lot of effort. Keep going dude.

Thanks again, 7/10.
What do you mean by penetrating?

Internal Chaos
09-21-2008, 06:37 PM
You know when it's a gentle song and the guitarist isn't letting the songs ring out as is strumming really hard?

It some parts, the chords come out like that. I understand that guitar pro isn't the best sounding program though :p: