How do you deal with dumbasses at work?

PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with dumbasses at work?

Vagabond21
09-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Look, I don't think I'm any better than anyone else.

But some people are just unreliable due to a lack of intelligence. That doesn't make them any worse of a person though.

I'm experiencing that today. How ****ing hard is it to use a measuring tape?!?!?!?!??! :mad:

I ended up having to interrupt the poor guy about 5 times to get the answers I needed.
I felt bad for doing this but I had to get the job done.

Anyways, does the pit have any dumbasses at their workplace?

If so, how did you deal with them?

metaldud536
09-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Genocide

saphrax
09-23-2008, 12:04 PM
I patronise them as much as I possibly can. I provide an educational service.

gallagher2006
09-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Used to work in an office, and I remember the office snitch being the worst.

"Oh did you hear what so n so said about you?"

"Oooo the boss is pissed with you!"

etc. was balls. Offices suck soooo hard

Vagabond21
09-23-2008, 12:07 PM
I patronise them as much as I possibly can. I provide an educational service.

I would do this but the guy is black and has threatened to sue the company for racial reasons whenever anyone tells him he's doing a bad job.

We have another black guy that works here, and he does his job well. NO ONE bitches at him.

No one here is racist.

imsimon
09-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Call in Alan Sugar.

Vagabond21
09-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Call in Alan Sugar.
:confused:

saphrax
09-23-2008, 12:13 PM

The founder of Amstrad, more well known for his TV show "The Apprentice" and his catch phrase; "You're fired!"

merfsullivan
09-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Wait... You interrupted him to figure out how to use a tape measurer, the easiest tool to use ever... So you want us to come up with ways that you can tell him to deal with your dumbassery? Or did you misphrase your original post?

Vader, Darth
09-23-2008, 12:42 PM
The price for incompetence within the empire is great.

Plus, all my minions have began looking at these earth workplaces and they've started to get these crazy ideas in their heads like unions, mandatory work breaks, safety inspections...blah...and I'm like what. the. hell. Are you kidding me? The first few I dealt with accordingly, but seriously, they whine and moan about this crap all. the. time. Do they just not see that all of that impedes what I'm trying to accomplish?

Jackal58
09-23-2008, 01:10 PM
I fire them.
No really I do.

darkstar2466
09-23-2008, 01:13 PM
I fire them.
No really I do.

Well, that makes sense in your line of work. You can't really afford for people to be dumbasses. Shit breaks down and you've got many lost lives on your hand?

Jackal58
09-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Well, that makes sense in your line of work. You can't really afford for people to be dumbasses. Shit breaks down and you've got many lost lives on your hand?
Absolutely. I drink for a reason. I don't need any more.

blogz
09-23-2008, 01:15 PM
see if you can help him in any way. If that is advise to possably look into somthing else workwise... so be it. Dot get pissed on him\her. Try to look at the deal from his\hers side.

PETERFKNPARKER
09-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Call in Alan Sugar.

nah...

http://www.jeremygilby.com/Images/tackle.jpg

Terry Tate will knock them down like a sack of shit :vhan:

Mistress_Ibanez
09-23-2008, 01:25 PM
I work with the public so my day is spent dealing with dumbasses.

I normally try reason, but when they are off their face on drugs and getting angry I usually just go back of house and get secuity to throw them out.

MightyAl
09-23-2008, 01:29 PM
I would do this but the guy is black and has threatened to sue the company for racial reasons whenever anyone tells him he's doing a bad job.

We have another black guy that works here, and he does his job well. NO ONE bitches at him.

No one here is racist.
Get them to work together. Maybe the guy who does his job well will sort him out. Or maybe stupid is contagious, in which case you're all screwed.

slayer_rule_\m/
09-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Absolutely. I drink for a reason. I don't need any more.
Just out of curiosity what is your occupation?

beyondthegrave
09-23-2008, 01:32 PM

No one here is racist.

he cant sue for someone tellin him hes doin a bad job

MightyAl
09-23-2008, 01:37 PM
If he can convince a lawyer that the complaint is racially motivated, then he can. And many lawyers will believe him because he is black.

J-B
09-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Look, I don't think I'm any better than anyone else. I guess me and you are different, I sure as hell am better than everyone I know. Including you :cool:

Pleasure2kill
09-23-2008, 01:49 PM
When I worked at a fast food place I'd get dumbasses all the time... They'd come up to the counter without reading the menu and then just take forever and ask me about everything. Now I work in a clothing store and it's just as bad, people are pretty rude and mess up the clothes I fold.
Of course, I value the money I get for these jobs, so I just have to use alittle self-control and just ignore them and put a smile on my face while I help them along. I don't mind really. Soon I'll be in the Navy and won't have to deal with any customers at all!

J-B
09-23-2008, 01:56 PM
When I worked at a fast food place I'd get dumbasses all the time... They'd come up to the counter without reading the menu and then just take forever and ask me about everything. Now I work in a clothing store and it's just as bad, people are pretty rude and mess up the clothes I fold.
Of course, I value the money I get for these jobs, so I just have to use alittle self-control and just ignore them and put a smile on my face while I help them along. I don't mind really. Soon I'll be in the Navy and won't have to deal with any customers at all! Everyone knows the navy always has male customers ;) :p: :D

in2thesun88
09-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Call in Alan Sugar.
wrong name, you are supposed to call Chuck Norris

Pleasure2kill
09-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Everyone knows the navy always has male customers ;) :p: :D
:mad: :mad:
I hate those jokes!! Damn you!!
Seriously though I'm just really glad that I'll be getting the hell away from customer service!

Minkaro
09-23-2008, 02:02 PM
I worked in Sportsworld.

I was employed by dumbasses, I worked with dumbasses, and I served dumbasses. So glad I quit.

jimmy_neutron
09-23-2008, 02:03 PM
i ignore them, its usually the easiest

uk.mace
09-23-2008, 02:05 PM
The price for incompetence within the empire is great.

Plus, all my minions have began looking at these earth workplaces and they've started to get these crazy ideas in their heads like unions, mandatory work breaks, safety inspections...blah...and I'm like what. the. hell. Are you kidding me? The first few I dealt with accordingly, but seriously, they whine and moan about this crap all. the. time. Do they just not see that all of that impedes what I'm trying to accomplish?
:haha
I'm starting to wonder whether this guy actually is Darth Vader

darkstar2466
09-23-2008, 02:07 PM
I worked in Sportsworld.

I was employed by dumbasses, I worked with dumbasses, and I served dumbasses. So glad I quit.

:(

Same thing with me when I worked for Subway. My co-workers were actually really cool though. They were the only source of sanity in that hellhole.

MotleyCrueSATD
09-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Wait... You interrupted him to figure out how to use a tape measurer, the easiest tool to use ever... So you want us to come up with ways that you can tell him to deal with your dumbassery? Or did you misphrase your original post?

he didnt misphrase anything go back and re read it. hes saying that the black guy couldnt use a tape measure.

zakkwyldefan79
09-23-2008, 02:10 PM
I was employed by dumbasses, I worked with dumbasses and I served dumbasses. So I'm glad I quit.
Same here.

Jackal58
09-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Just out of curiosity what is your occupation?
I fix airplanes.

Vagabond21
09-23-2008, 02:39 PM

He can sue us if we fire him.

MetalMegaMan
09-23-2008, 02:42 PM
report them to a manager if the problem persists or teach them how to do it. some people are just plain idiots.

i had people at my work who couldn't clean tables or wash dishes right.

Jackal58
09-23-2008, 02:46 PM
He can sue us if we fire him.
Make him quit. It's a lot more fun than firing them at times.

Vagabond21
09-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Make him quit. It's a lot more fun than firing them at times.

I have a suspicion that this is happening.

He's screwed up so many times it's unbelievable.

The worst part is that he's not very good at explaining things. I kinda feel bad for the guy but it's a dog eat dog world.

Jackal58
09-23-2008, 02:54 PM
I have a suspicion that this is happening.

He's screwed up so many times it's unbelievable.

The worst part is that he's not very good at explaining things. I kinda feel bad for the guy but it's a dog eat dog world.
You're in construction aren't you?