THE Fender Amp Thread

PDA

View Full Version : THE Fender Amp Thread

Pages : [1] 2

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm appalled that the searchbar returned no results. Everything about Fender anps goes here. I will post pics of my BFDR.

Highwaytohell
10-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Dont these kinds of threads usually have several posts describing models and types and have reviews about each?

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Dont these kinds of threads usually have several posts describing models and types and have reviews about each?
IDK Gooleys V Series didn't, but I'll try.

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 11:44 AM
The Blackface Deluxe Reverb Reissue is one of Fender's most versatile amps. From Surf, Country, and '50s Rock when the amp is clean to Blues, Fusion, Funk and Classic Rock when cranked. Running on two 6V6's, two 12AT7's, and four 12AX7A's. It has the Legendary Fender Spring Reverb and Vibrato we all know and love. New they are $949, but used they can cost less than $700.

DerekTheDominoe
10-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Finally! I was waiting for a thread like this!

I'll post stuff about the Bassman later.

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Finally! I was waiting for a thread like this!

I'll post stuff about the Bassman later.
Cool.

TNfootballfan62
10-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I like Fender amps. :) I'm an Ampeg owner, but the right Fender is fantastic.

thellamaking
10-05-2008, 12:13 PM
If this is an THE ONLY (X) thread. shouldn't you put it some reviews, which amps are worth getting. And lists of models?

AdamDK
10-05-2008, 12:19 PM
I adore the cleans, and the overdrive isn't too bad. At a school show I once used our music teachers Fender solid-state, it was from the 80's, but it was pretty good.

lespaul#1
If this is an THE ONLY (X) thread. shouldn't you put it some reviews, which amps are worth getting. And lists of models?
Well I already did the BFDR. To Kyle, do you like the Vibroverb?

thellamaking
Well Fender's are more renouned for thier clean sound, one epic clean sound at that :)

Jeff Buckley used a Vibroverb didn't he? If so yes!

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I adore the cleans, and the overdrive isn't too bad. At a school show I once used our music teachers Fender solid-state, it was from the 80's, but it was pretty good.
Was it a Yale, Harvard, London Reverb?

TheEsupremacy
10-05-2008, 12:25 PM
I heart my Fender amp.

thellamaking
10-05-2008, 12:27 PM
You should do, i'd love a '65 Twin Reverb.

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 12:34 PM
IDK if any1 agrees but all the Reverb Series sound alike, but at different wattages.

AdamDK
10-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Was it a Yale, Harvard, London Reverb?

Nah, it wasn't. I'll find out when I see him next though at school.

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 12:43 PM
^Ok.

chea_man
10-05-2008, 12:50 PM
IDK if any1 agrees but all the Reverb Series sound alike, but at different wattages.
i somewhat disagree.
at louder volumes you hear differences, mostly due to the different number of speakers.
the super reverb is my favorite, i love the sound of 4 10 inch speakers. twin reverbs are nice, but somehow are a bit brighter than the super reverb. and the deluxe reverb is a great amp, the perfect volume for unmiced smaller gigs, and practice. some people love the sound of 6v6s, others dont. some even think that 22 watts is too much for these tubes. and of course princeton reverb is amazing, however the reissues are too expensive to be worth buying for what i would use it for.

TNfootballfan62
10-05-2008, 12:54 PM

Why yes. Yes I do. :p:

stevo_epi_SG_wo
10-05-2008, 12:54 PM
i somewhat disagree.
at louder volumes you hear differences, mostly due to the different number of speakers.
the super reverb is my favorite, i love the sound of 4 10 inch speakers. twin reverbs are nice, but somehow are a bit brighter than the super reverb. and the deluxe reverb is a great amp, the perfect volume for unmiced smaller gigs, and practice. some people love the sound of 6v6s, others dont. some even think that 22 watts is too much for these tubes. and of course princeton reverb is amazing, however the reissues are too expensive to be worth buying for what i would use it for.

i hate to hijack the thread but its fender related :p:

just wondering which GFS pups you have in your strat and how they peform

cheers

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 12:58 PM
I meant clean w/Reverb, the only one I've used broken in was the BFDR. They aren' great until broken in, if they aren't broken in, they aren't warm at all.

chea_man
10-05-2008, 12:58 PM
i hate to hijack the thread but its fender related :p:

just wondering which GFS pups you have in your strat and how they peform

cheers
premium alnico strat pickups, with a overwound bridge pickup. i like them alot. i do not currently have a recording of them though, but i might be able to find one.
and to make this not spam, they sound great through a FENDER amp, haha.

TheKingofGuitar
10-05-2008, 01:01 PM
what are the all the presets in the Fender G-DEC 30 amp?

Jhachey22
10-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Feder Bassman
The Fender Bassman was a bass amplifier made by Fender in 1952. Although it was originally designed for bass guitars, it was frequently used for normal electric guitar in rock and roll, blues, and country bands.

The Bassman was designed for the first mass-production electric bass, the Fender Precision Bass. It was introduced in 1952 and discontinued in 1983. In 1990 Fender began producing a reissue of the 1959 Bassman model 5F6A, known as the '59 Bassman. The newest version of this reissue is the '59 Bassman LTD. The LTD version has a lacquered tweed covering and 4x10 inch Jensen speakers instead of the Eminence speakers used in the earlier reissue '59 Bassman.

The evolution of the Bassman amplifier followed that of the Fender amplification line. The Bassman amps of the 1950s were covered in tweed and had a more raw sound than later models. The tweeds were followed by the Blonde, Blackface, and Silverface "piggyback head" (excepting the Bassman 10 and 20, which were combo amplifiers) versions of the 1960s, 1970s, and early 1980s with cleaner sound and more headroom.

A unique aspect of the Tweed Bassman circuit is the use of a cathode follower, which provides a slight compression of the sound while also allowing an increase in current, and thus more signal is sent to the power amp. It also had the secondary consequence of increasing the amp's dynamic.

Despite the fact that it was originally designed for bass guitars, it was more famous for its use with normal electric guitar and thus, when Fender recently reissue the 59 (5F6A) edition, it was categorized under guitar amplification instead.

Many famous amplifier manufacturers, including Marshall and Traynor, based their first batch of amplifiers upon the 5F6A Bassman, in examples such as Marshall's JTM45 (a clone of Bassman, using British-equivalent parts), and Traynor's YBA-1 (Head form of Bassman).
http://www.rocknrollvintage.com/prodimages/thumbs/1958-bassman-front-s.jpg
http://www.rocknrollvintage.com/prodimages/1959%20-%201960%20Fender%20Bassman.jpg

The Fender Twin is a guitar amplifier made by Fender. It was introduced in 1952, about the same time as the Stratocaster (1954). As the Stratocaster's sales partner, its success was a large part of the increase in popularity of the electric guitar in music. To this day, these amplifiers continue to be sought after by guitarists for their characteristic clean tone. The Twin's circuit has been copied and modified by many other manufacturers.

The Fender Twin has gone through a number of changes over the years, both cosmetically and electronically.
"Wide Panel" Twin
The original version was an all-tube combo amplifier with dual 12" speakers and two 6L6 tubes for a rated output of 25 watts.

"Narrow Panel" Twin
Please help improve this article or section by expanding it. Further information might be found on the talk page or at requests for expansion. (July 2008)
After the preceding looks of the early 50's (TV front from 1950-51/2; wide panel '52-54), Leo changed the cabinet design again, this time opting for no extra wood on the front of the amp, except for the narrow top and bottom panels that hold the baffle board to the cabinet.
These "narrow-panel" tweeds are also remarkable for their refined electronics whose circuit design is improved by the replacement of input capacitors for resistors in the preamp. The long-tailed phase inverter is another improvement given Fender's quest for a louder, cleaner amplifier. The entire line of Fender amplifiers from 1955-1959 (later for smaller models & bassman) was uniform in this look - tweed or "airline linen" covering with a maroon w/ gold stripe woven saran grill cloth. To the ear of this writer, the 1x12 Deluxe-Amp, the 1x15 Pro-Amp and the 3x10 Bandmaster are exceptional in dynamics and tone.
Like its predecessors, the narrow panel tweed Fender amplifiers used Jensen Alnico V Concert Series Speakers.

Tweed Twin
It was modified in 1958 for more volume, switching to four 5881 power tubes for a power increase to 80W. This "hi-powered," tweed-covered design continued into early 1960, after the other Professional Series of Fender amplifiers had made the transition to the modern brownface design.

The exact plight of the Twin-Amp during the months between January and May of 1960 however, remains open to considerable speculation, debate and study. The prevailing explanation is that production was temporarily interrupted during these months as they coincide with the debut of Fender's new "flagship" or top of the line amplifier, the Fender Vibrasonic-Amp. Nonetheless, Fender Musical Instrument Co. kept the image of the Twin-Amp before potential consumers during this short period. The image of the Twin-Amp in the 1960 Fender Catalog has been the subject of considerable scrutiny.

Blonde Twin
1963 Fender Twin-Amp in blonde (or white) tolex with an oxblood colored grille cloth.
The re-emergence of the Twin-Amp in mid 1960 revealed a new aesthetic design that would become prominent among Fender's top of the line amplifiers, with the exception of the Vibrasonic-Amp. By 1961, the Bandmaster-Amp, the Bassman-Amp and the newly debuted Showman-Amp were all covered in the new look exemplified by the late 1960 Twin-Amp: blonde tolex and maroon or "oxblood" grille cloth. The Twin-Amp of this period (late 1960-1963) was manufactured with a variety of speakers including Jensen, Oxford and JBL designs. This variation lends support to the idea that the 80-watt circuit was beyond the power handling capacity of the speakers of the late 1950s.

Blackface Twin
After a slight change in appearance, from the rough blonde tolex and maroon grille appearance to a smooth blonde tolex with a silver grille cloth, the Twin-Amp changed both circuit design and appearance in 1964. Along with the rest of Fender's line of instrument amplifiers, the Twin-Amp was covered in black Tolex at this time. Like many of the most popular designs, including the Super Reverb-Amp and the Deluxe Reverb-Amp, the Twin would also incorporate an on-board reverb circuit. As opposed to earlier designs that required the use of a stand alone, outboard reverb unit, this new design incorporated a spring-reverb circuit in the combo design. Paired with the Vibrato feature (technically a "tremolo" effect) and the monstrous 80-watts of output, the ability to create instrument sustain through the use of reverb made the blackface Twin-Amp an instant favorite among electric guitarists.

Tweed twin
http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/48/480865.jpg

Blackface
http://www.flyingblanket.com/imglib/Image/twin%20reverb.jpg

Jhachey22
10-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Fender Champ
It was introduced in 1948 and discontinued in 1982. [1] An updated version was introduced in 2006 as part of the "Vintage Modified" line.
The Champ had the lowest power output and the simplest circuit for all of the Fender tube amps. The Champ had only one power tube, which meant that the circuit is single ended and class A. Five watts and the simple toneful circuit meant that the Champ was often used in recording studios.

Champion 800/600
First introduced in 1948, it sported the name "Champion 800" (with 8" speaker), changing a year later to "Champion 600" (6" speaker) with circuit designation 5B1. It was rated at about 3 watts, featuring a "T.V. Front" style cabinet with two-tone blonde & brown vinyl covering. This style lasted until 1953, when Fender's cabinet style changed to the "Wide Panel" design with a tweed cloth covering. Fender also renamed the circuit the 5C1, 5 standing for the decade (1950s), C for the third circuit revision, and 1 was the Champ's circuit designation. The 5C1 circuit was extraordinarily simple, using one 6SJ7 pentode in the preamplifier section to provide a single stage of voltage amplification, one 6V6 beam power tetrode in the power amplifier section, and a single volume knob and no tone controls.

The Champ
By 1955 Fender started putting its amps in the "Narrow Panel" tweed cabinet, and by this time the Champ was officially named the Champ. Up until 1956 Champs only had a six inch speaker, but the new 5F1 circuit of 1956 featured an 8". This circuit was also a little beefier than the original "Champion 800's" circuit, and was about 5 watts.

Blackface/Silverface
The 5F1 lasted until 1964, when the Champ finally made the transition to the "Blackface" style of circuit and cabinet. A small number of the last 5F1 style cabinets were covered with the "Blackface" amp cosmetics around this transition, as the factory most likely ran out of the tweed cloth covering. In 1964, a Champ with tremolo was also introduced. It was called the Vibro Champ. In late 1964 the Champ switched to Blackface. In 1968 it switched to silverface. It switched back to blackface in 1981.

Champion 600 reissue
In 2006, Fender "reissued" the Champion 600. Cosmetically similar to the original Champion 600, internally it features a modifed blackface Champ circuit (with the settings of the tone-stack being hard-wired rather than adjustable via Treble and Bass controls, and a couple of additional resistors reducing input-stage gain) and a switch to solid-state rectification from the original 5Y3 tube. The current look is the TV-front with two-tone tolex and speaker grille cloth of imitation suede. The same electronics are available with a different look and feel - based on "tweed" Fender amps, despite the branding - as the Gretsch G5222.

Specifications
Available as a 6" Combo, features an internal 4 ohm speaker output jack
5 Watts RMS
Volume Control
Power Switch
2 Input (high, low), 1 Channel
1x 12AX7 and a 6V6
Solid State Diode Rectified
Class A, Single Ended

wide panel
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/5C1.jpg
"TV" front
http://www.tvmusicshop.com/media/champ-600.jpg

Fender Deluxe Reverb
The Fender Deluxe Reverb is a high-end guitar amplifier made by Fender. It has been in continuous production, in one form or other, for more than 60 years. The Deluxe Reverb is a 22-watt tube amplifier (at 8 ohms), powered by a pair of 6V6 power tubes, one 5AR4 rectifier tube, four 12AX7 preamp tubes, and two 12AT7 tubes driving the reverb and tremolo circuits. Throughout its production, the amplifier has most often featured a Jensen C-12 series 12 inch loudspeaker, although Oxford, Marlboro SE and Eminence speakers have also been used.

The Deluxe Reverb is most often used by players seeking a traditional Fender clean tone, with, owing to the relative low output power, propensity for 'breakup,' or musically-pleasing distortion. Many players note the quality of the tube driven spring reverb and tremolo (referred to — somewhat inaccurately — as "vibrato" by Fender).
http://www.blueguitarmusic.com/images/Inventory%20Pics/DeluxeRev1.jpg

Fender Princeton
The Fender Princeton was a guitar amplifier made by Fender. It was introduced in 1947 and was discontinued in 1979.[1] After Fender introduced the Champ Amp in 1948, the Princeton occupied the next to the bottom spot in the Fender line. Fender Princetons (as well as their sister amp the Princeton Reverb) from the early models into the 1970's models are highly valued particularly as recording amplifiers.

The original Princeton used one 6SL7 dual-triode tube to provide two stages of RC-coupled voltage amplification in the preamplifier section. The power amplifier section used a single cathode-biased 6V6 beam power tetrode configured for Class A operation. The amplifier had a single volume control and a simple low-pass tone control to control treble response. In 1961 a new Princeton of fundamentally different design was introduced. This version used a single 7025 dual triode in the preamplifier; a 12AX7 dual triode, one half of which operated a tremolo oscillator and the other half of which served as a split-load phase
inverter; and two 6V6GT tubes (again cathode biased) in Class AB push-pull configuration in the power section.

It is particularly famous as the basis for Mesa Boogie's Mark I, which is a heavily hotrodded Princeton equipped with modified preamp and a Bassman transformer, allowing it to output high gain, 60 watts.

In 2006, Fender revived the Princeton name, under "Princeton Recording-Amp" (Pro-tube series) and "Princeton 650" (under Dyna-touch III series). The Princeton recording Amp is basically a blackface princeton with build in overdrive, compressor, and power attenuator. Fender also reissued the Princeton Reverb in 2008.
http://www.rocknrollvintage.com/prodimages/1966%20Fender%20Princeton%20Reverb%20Amp%20large.jpg

Super Reverb
The Fender Super Reverb was a guitar amplifier made by Fender. It was introduced in 1963 and was discontinued in 1982. This was essentially a Fender Super amplifier with built-in reverb and vibrato. The original Super Reverb amplifiers were all tube design and featured spring reverb. There were two different designs, distinguishable by the color of the "face" or front control panel. Super Reverbs from 1963 through 1968 had "black face" panels. From 1969 until its discontinuation in 1982, the Super Reverb had "silverface" cosmetics and circuitry. Fender introduced a reissue '65 Super Reverb in 2001.

Specifications

45 watts into 4x 10" 8 Ohm Jensen Speakers (wired in parallel for 2 Ohms)
Silverface models: 40 watts (power increased to 70 watts during the late 70's)
Tube (Valve) Complement: 4 X 12AX7, 2 X 12AT7, 2 X 6L6, 1 X 5AR4 RectifierTube
2 Channels: Normal and Vibrato, with Bright Switch
Height: 24 7/8" (63.2 cm)
Width: 25 1/8" (63.8 cm)
Depth: 10 1/2" (26.7 cm)
Weight: approx. 65 lbs.
A "Boost" control and a master volume were added in the mid '70s.
A Mid control for the Normal channel and a Line Out jack socket were added in 1978.
Super Reverbs produced between late 1980 and 1981 have blackface cosmetics and a silver sparkle grille cloth.
Master volume has a pull-out pot for distortion.

silverface
http://www.premierguitar.com/Stream/StreamImage.aspx?Image_ID=5254&type=gear&Image_Type=full

Blackface
http://www.blueguitarmusic.com/images/Inventory%20Pics/66SuperRev.jpg

Jhachey22
10-05-2008, 01:28 PM
while i'm at it, my local guitar store has two fender Super Reverbs, a silverface and a blackface, both all original. i'm pretty sure the guy said the blackface was from the 60's. here's the question:
the silverface is 1900$, and i'm sure the blackface is much more, so should i save for the blackface? i've heard blackfaces are of better quality, but i'm almost certain Derek TRucks uses a silverface...

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 01:40 PM
while i'm at it, my local guitar store has two fender Super Reverbs, a silverface and a blackface, both all original. i'm pretty sure the guy said the blackface was from the 60's. here's the question:
the silverface is 1900$, and i'm sure the blackface is much more, so should i save for the blackface? i've heard blackfaces are of better quality, but i'm almost certain Derek TRucks uses a silverface...
You can always get the SF one Blackfaced and buy a BF panel for $35 on Ebay.

chea_man
10-05-2008, 01:43 PM
he may use a Silver Face, but derek trucks could plug his guitar into a microwave and still sound like an angel having an orgasm.

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 01:46 PM
What does a high end amp mean?

Iceman 420
10-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Hey, what does everyone think of a Fender Blues Deluxe? I like my Peavey, but I'm looking for more of an American-voiced blues sound. I ask because there's one on my Craigslist up for trades.

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Hey, what does everyone think of a Fender Blues Deluxe? I like my Peavey, but I'm looking for more of an American-voiced blues sound. I ask because there's one on my Craigslist up for trades.
I believe it's supposed to be like the Bassman and Twin amp but more modernized.

chea_man
10-05-2008, 01:51 PM
high end amp means it is made for preofessionals, and usually cast alot.

fender blues deluxes are really great for the money, esp. used. keep in mind they arent really capable of a lot of gain, if thats your thing.

AdamDK
10-05-2008, 01:55 PM

It'll be great for a blues sound. The overdrive will suit you really well, tis' nice is the overdrive on a blues deluxe. And epic cleans as always.

Jhachey22
10-05-2008, 01:58 PM
You can always get the SF one Blackfaced and buy a BF panel for $35 on Ebay.
i don't care about the look as much as the sound. have you guys ever heard a difference between a silverface and a blackface? i hear fender cheaped out when they started making siverfaces (sometime in the seventies, i think), same time as they started to make crappier guitars.

also: are there any SF to BF conversion kits?

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 02:04 PM
i don't care about the look as much as the sound. have you guys ever heard a difference between a silverface and a blackface? i hear fender cheaped out when they started making siverfaces (sometime in the seventies, i think), same time as they started to make crappier guitars.

also: are there any SF to BF conversion kits?

You could get a tech to Blackface it, you might not have to depending on what year it is. Give 'em a call and tell us what year it is, if it's '68-'72, then it probably won't need to be.

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Here's a Blackfacing guide: http://www.unclespot.com/FenderBF.html.

Jhachey22
10-05-2008, 02:29 PM
You could get a tech to Blackface it, you might not have to depending on what year it is. Give 'em a call and tell us what year it is, if it's '68-'72, then it probably won't need to be.
they're not open until monday, but i'll comeback with results!

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Ok.

FoolOnThePlanet
10-05-2008, 03:42 PM
My Fender Twin Reverb is nothing short of amazing.

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Are you guys suprised at the lack of a Showman reissue?

chea_man
10-05-2008, 04:35 PM
yes, there are alot of amps they need to reissue

DerekTheDominoe
10-05-2008, 04:39 PM
yes, there are alot of amps they need to reissue correctly

fixed.

I'm tired of re-issues that sound only similar to the originals.

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I was wondering if we should email them, or have someone design them and sell it to Fender.

chea_man
10-05-2008, 04:43 PM
fixed.

thats true.
i would really like to see fender making some new, original amps too. they used to be the innovators, now all they do is make the same old things, and they make then sort of poorly sometimes too.

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 04:45 PM
fixed.

I'm glad my BFDR sounds as good as a vintage amp. Derek, were you the person who wanted a Blonde Bassman and Bandmaster?

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Jhachey22, thanks for keeping this thread alive.

chea_man
10-05-2008, 05:17 PM
i want fender to make an affordable amp that similar to a dumble ODS. they could make one in america with most of the features of the original, for about $1500 street price, or could make it in mexico and charge about $900.

UnsignedRecords
10-05-2008, 05:27 PM
the old fender thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533358)

it kinda died, but yeah, if you make a new thread, with all the info reviews etc in the first couple posts, you might have something going.

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 05:41 PM
the old fender thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533358)

it kinda died, but yeah, if you make a new thread, with all the info reviews etc in the first couple posts, you might have something going.
It didnt come up in the searchbar though.

UnsignedRecords
10-05-2008, 05:43 PM
i found it on the 3rd page by searching "fender owners."

no worries, just my 2cents to make this one a legit one that won't die off.

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks, UnsignedRecords, you're pretty helpful.

DerekTheDominoe
10-05-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm glad my BFDR sounds as good as a vintage amp. Derek, were you the person who wanted a Blonde Bassman and Bandmaster?

No, just a Blonde Bassman. I found one that's in Canada, but it's 2400$ for the head and cab, and it's far :(

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 06:05 PM
No, just a Blonde Bassman. I found one that's in Canada, but it's 2400$ for the head and cab, and it's far :(

I think Gooley was the one who wanted the Bandmaster in the Vintage/Reissue thread.

DerekTheDominoe
10-05-2008, 06:26 PM
I think Gooley was the one who wanted the Bandmaster in the Vintage/Reissue thread.

Probably, it's one of the other hundred amps he wants :p:

lespaul#1
10-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Good point. :haha

Jhachey22
10-06-2008, 04:16 PM
i want fender to make an affordable amp that similar to a dumble ODS. they could make one in america with most of the features of the original, for about $1500 street price, or could make it in mexico and charge about $900.

Ceriatone (Ceriatone.com), dude. check out the "Overtone Special". i think it's about $1200, fully assembled, tubes and all. Or, you could buy the kit and build it yourself.

lespaul#1
10-06-2008, 04:27 PM
I thought you were gonna tell everyone about your SR you want to buy. Mention the name Derek Trucks, and Gooley'll be in here.

mcrfobtai
10-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Big Fender fan. Love Bassmen and Deluxe Reverbs.
Sweet amps

lespaul#1
10-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Big Fender fan. Love Bassmen and Deluxe Reverbs.
Sweet amps

Blonde Bassman or Tweed, or Blackface? The Blackface and Blonde ones are great for Surf I've been told.

scott__
10-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Ive allways wondered, is the plural of Bassman 'Bassmans' or 'Bassmen'. hmm..

lespaul#1
10-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Ive allways wondered, is the plural of Bassman 'Bassmans' or 'Bassmen'. hmm..

I always say Bassmen, as well as Showmen. :D

mcrfobtai
10-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Blonde Bassman or Tweed, or Blackface? The Blackface and Blonde ones are great for Surf I've been told.
teh blondes are teh winzorz

scott__
10-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Anyone know anything about Vibro Champs? I bought one of my mate today for £50 (he's a bassist. Enough said :p).Its a blackface one, i think around 1981/82. but it just doesnt sound quite right - the tremelo and everythings really nice, but when i turn it up, I get this harsh fuzzy distortion, not a nice OD sound. Its been sitting in his garage for ages, so maybe changing the valves would sort it out?

lespaul#1
10-06-2008, 06:18 PM
teh blondes are teh winzorz

That and the Blackface.

mcrfobtai
10-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Maybe. I find that a cranked Fender amp doesn't sound all that great

lespaul#1
10-06-2008, 06:19 PM

Well I do. :D

mcrfobtai
10-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Maybe it's only the lower end ones. But my Pro Junior doesn't sound that good. Haven't tried the upper end ones. But I like a smoother, marshally overdrive.

lespaul#1
10-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Maybe it's only the lower end ones. But my Pro Junior doesn't sound that good. Haven't tried the upper end ones. But I like a smoother, marshally overdrive.

Nah, it's just your taste. Some people like smooth OD, others like it crunchier.

DerekTheDominoe
10-06-2008, 07:23 PM

If you think of it, every fender tube amp is good for surf........

DerekTheDominoe
10-06-2008, 07:33 PM

It has a very gritty sound, great for blues overdrive...but for rock, go british.

Here's a vintage 'verb, paired with an original '59 burst......and Mike Bloomfield :D
As you can hear, it's only ODing a bit, and that, in my opinion is how a cranked Fender should sound: Clean and dirty at the same time.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=CdMf-86Evro&feature=related

Here's a vintage Bandmaster, with another '59 burst......paired with a Peter Green :)
The Green Manilishi (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DYBQdXv0BhM)
As you hear, this Fender is cranked to the max. Its tone is way to raspy, dirty and gritty for what it's used for. Unlike Marshalls, the sweet spot on Fenders is when the volume is at about 7, not 10.....or 11 :)

^^^PS, that last song is probably my favorite song. Since I've listened to it, I can't think of any other song that speaks to me like that one does. If you haven't read about Peter Green, please do; it's what rock legends are made of.

mcrfobtai
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
It has a very gritty sound, great for blues overdrive...but for rock, go british.

Here's a vintage 'verb, paired with an original '59 burst......and Mike Bloomfield :D
As you can hear, it's only ODing a bit, and that, in my opinion is how a cranked Fender should sound: Clean and dirty at the same time.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=CdMf-86Evro&feature=related

Here's a vintage Bandmaster, with another '59 burst......paired with a Peter Green :)
The Green Manilishi (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DYBQdXv0BhM)
As you hear, this Fender is cranked to the max. Its tone is way to raspy, dirty and gritty for what it's used for. Unlike Marshalls, the sweet spot on Fenders is when the volume is at about 7, not 10.....or 11 :)

^^^PS, that last song is probably my favorite song. Since I've listened to it, I can't think of any other song that speaks to me like that one does. If you haven't read about Peter Green, please do; it's what rock legends are made of.
It's not so much the grittieness I don't like, it just sounds way too harsh
It sounds a lot worse then those clips. Maybe I'll try keeping it at seven as opposed to 11 or 12.

lespaul#1
10-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks Derek, people like you keep threads alive.

DerekTheDominoe
10-06-2008, 08:47 PM
It's not so much the grittieness I don't like, it just sounds way too harsh
It sounds a lot worse then those clips. Maybe I'll try keeping it at seven as opposed to 11 or 12.

That's the word I was looking for!

Anyway, it's also the speakers that give them icepick highs.

Here's a bassman with greenbacks:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=gK85h8Mt-Dw&feature=related

lespaul#1
10-06-2008, 08:48 PM
If you think of it, every fender tube amp is good for surf........

Well I was talking about amp heads.

stratdud39
10-06-2008, 08:51 PM
not to be too random, but this is my fender:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo59/chachacha544/IMG_0204.jpg

l3p4rd
10-06-2008, 08:54 PM
fenders are the greatest, no doubt. I was planning on getting a deluxe, dreaming of the 410 deville, but I ended up getting my deville for a steal, I'm still getting used to it, and I know its kinda like weird. But I want to get some heavier overdrive outta it. But I hate using distortion pedals. I have a super overdrive, so when I use it..in order to get that boost, do I turn the gain up or just the volume?

imgooley
10-06-2008, 09:02 PM
I like Fender amps. :) I'm an Ampeg owner, but the right Fender is fantastic.
I'd rather have a vintage Gemini, Portaflex, or Reverberocket than most Fenders :o

lespaul#1
10-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I'd rather have a vintage Gemini, Portaflex, or Reverberocket than most Fenders :o

Hmmm....

:haha .

lespaul#1
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Here's ma Fender: http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/SurfmanDD/MyDeluxeVerbII.jpg .

chea_man
10-06-2008, 09:23 PM
i rather have a 66 fender super reverb than any other amp i can think of.

TNfootballfan62
10-06-2008, 09:23 PM

;)

Jhachey22
10-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Anyone know anything about Vibro Champs? I bought one of my mate today for £50 (he's a bassist. Enough said :p).Its a blackface one, i think around 1981/82. but it just doesnt sound quite right - the tremelo and everythings really nice, but when i turn it up, I get this harsh fuzzy distortion, not a nice OD sound. Its been sitting in his garage for ages, so maybe changing the valves would sort it out?

if it's from the 80's, it shouldn't be blackface. it's possibly a silverface with a blackface front on it.

i think blackfaces were phased out in the seventies, some time before Fender started transitioning over to black plastic on pickguards and pickup covers.

imgooley
10-06-2008, 09:55 PM
;)
Sell it to me :)

imgooley
10-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Hmmm....

:haha .
What's funny about that? There are 3, maybe 4 fenders I would take over those: Blonde Bassman, a 5E3, and a BF Super. That's about it.

DerekTheDominoe
10-06-2008, 09:57 PM
if it's from the 80's, it shouldn't be blackface. it's possibly a silverface with a blackface front on it.

i think blackfaces were phased out in the seventies, some time before Fender started transitioning over to black plastic on pickguards and pickup covers.

the amps from 81 and on had blackface cosmetics, with the crappy Sf circuits.

DerekTheDominoe
10-06-2008, 09:58 PM
What's funny about that? There are 3, maybe 4 fenders I would take over those: Blonde Bassman, a 5E3, and a BF Super. That's about it.

Why not a blackface bassman?

imgooley
10-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Why not a blackface bassman?

Maybe the 6G6B white knob blackface.

It's not that I don't like them. I just like the Ampegs a lot better.

TNfootballfan62
10-07-2008, 01:18 AM

Nah, that's okay. I'll keep it for now. :)

lespaul#1
10-07-2008, 03:54 PM

Nah I was laughing at the way I was repsonding, the Hmm was supposed to be a angry grunt, not thinking it over. :D

AdamDK
10-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Oh Les, sorry, didn't have a chance to find out what model the Fender was that I mentioned a few pages back. I'll try tomorrow eh?

mcrfobtai
10-07-2008, 07:38 PM
That's the word I was looking for!

Anyway, it's also the speakers that give them icepick highs.

Here's a bassman with greenbacks:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=gK85h8Mt-Dw&feature=related
I have the stock speakers and tubes in it, which is really something I should change. Sounds great, if I can get that gain fixed out, it'll be an amazing amp

gregs1020
10-07-2008, 08:19 PM
"Incurable gas with this one, it's too late to start the training. Too late."
Yoda

lespaul#1
10-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Finally, I was waiting for more people to come, Gooley, Derek, Lachey, Greg, and hopefully Darkarbiter when he gets unbanned need to become regulars in this thread. Sorry to anyone I didn't mention

gregs1020
10-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Dark should be back soon, it's about 30 days unless he got the 60 day hammer. Not sure.
Blonde pr0n?
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x164/gregs1020/51reissue.jpg

EpicSG
10-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Hi guys

So... I'm looking for a new amp because well mine sucks and i want something that does jazz very well but that does other stuff too like blues (with some gain) hard rock maybe. Can you tell me some fender amp that does this? I found a blues junior you think thats good?

akack
10-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I got some BJ pr0nz.
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk147/akack08/BJ/P5220006.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk147/akack08/BJ/P5220010.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk147/akack08/BJ/P5220004.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk147/akack08/BJ/P5220005.jpg

UnsignedRecords
10-08-2008, 03:29 PM
^ ^^ :haha, you two have the same avatar

EpicSG
10-08-2008, 03:31 PM
^ ^^ :haha, you two have the same avatar

Memorial to richard wright...

Can you please answer my question now?

akack
10-08-2008, 03:32 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7617363.stm

I searched - nothing came up.

EDIT: I edited the thread because I spelt his name wrong :facepalm:. Wow - I remember posting a thread not long ago about Noel being pushed off stage and now I'm posting this. Am I the bearer of bad news or what? :confused:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45019000/jpg/_45019871_-19.jpg

daytripper edit:

im going to stick this for now, just because ive closed at least 10-15 of these threads already. there will probably be more, assuming this is going to hit the front page of UG tomorrow.

untuck, BUT:

STILL DONT MAKE ANY MORE OF THESE THREADS PLEASE!!! :peace:

Akack has suggested we mass change our avatars to this one:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/image.php?u=475456&dateline=1221498079

I don't think I'm in the right spirit to change just yet since I haven't at all heard any Pink Floyd Stuff give or take one or two songs. I'll change when I really get to like them. I'm currently listening to The Piper at the Gates of Dawn for the first time (and consequently my first time listening to PF outside of the tracks Brick in the Wall/Wish you were here). I've got to say, it's not really to my liking but I've only just started so we'll see.

From first post of RIP Rick Wright thread.

UnsignedRecords
10-08-2008, 03:33 PM
damn, fine... you win :o

a blues junior would be okay with an overdrive pedal. how loud do you need to be?

akack
10-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Memorial to richard wright...

Can you please answer my question now?

The Blues Junior is amazing for blues and pretty good for jazz too but you'll need an OD if you want hard rock. It won't go beyond SRV. Go for it with a nice Maxon. :cheers:

EpicSG
10-08-2008, 03:35 PM
damn, fine... you win :o

a blues junior would be okay with an overdrive pedal. how loud do you need to be?

I actually have to be quiet xD

gregs1020
10-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I actually have to be quiet xD
My blues jr does quiet well with my od pedal. Love that, replaced my Da5 with it.

Edit: But how much headroom do you need? Gigging with a drummer?

EpicSG
10-08-2008, 03:58 PM
My blues jr does quiet well with my od pedal. Love that, replaced my Da5 with it.

Edit: But how much headroom do you need? Gigging with a drummer?

Yeah maybe a drummer

Sagieiland
10-08-2008, 04:40 PM
I just love old fender amps. All of them !!! I think they can't be beat. They all sound different from one another but they are all great.

I have one, and some of my friends has them.
Here is a link to information and soundsamples we maid with those amps: http://tinyurl.com/4bewx8

(Taken from this new cool site we started: http://tonepedia.com)

nightraven
10-09-2008, 11:57 AM
my BJ porn isn't as impressive as the fap material posted earlier :(

but I LOVE HER NONETHELESS!

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t151/nickorly/IMG_2804.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart:

lespaul#1
10-09-2008, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=nightraven]my BJ porn isn't as impressive as the fap material posted earlier QUOTE]

No one has defeated my Deluxe and Gregs' Vibroverb. CAN NO ONE DEFEAT US?

:D

akack
10-10-2008, 03:46 PM
What's with everyone stealing duncang's avatar these days?

And my BJ pr0n was epic d00d.

lespaul#1
10-10-2008, 03:56 PM
And my BJ pr0n was epic d00d.

It was good.

gregs1020
10-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah maybe a drummer
Sorry so late in replying. I gig with my blues jr, well I did a couple times recently anyway. I don't gig regularly by any means. But we mic all our equipment and I never have a problem. I have played it at practice with just a drummer and it's fine, but the cleans aren't crisp cleans, but the "on the edge of breakup" cleans. Which I like a lot.

Cold Flame44
10-10-2008, 04:40 PM
hey everybody! I'm looking for a new amp, and I really like the fender superchamp xd. I've played it multiple times in stores, and i really like it. Also, the many online reviews i've read have been really positive. So...

Does anybody else have/like/recommend this amp? Is there any probs with it that i wouldn't be able to pick up at the store?

theherodies
10-10-2008, 04:41 PM
i'm way too poor for any real vintage fender amps. do these (http://boyband625.com/gear.php?id=70) actually sound anything like the originals?

gregs1020
10-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Does anybody else have/like/recommend this amp? Is there any probs with it that i wouldn't be able to pick up at the store?
I think they are great practice amps, loud enough to jam with buddies. The only thing I noticed with the one I played.. key word one... was that some of the gain settings had a little noise in the background when you weren't playing. But that was one amp - nothing too serious though. It certainly wouldn't have kept me from buying one if I was in the market. Try to find one used if you can, you see them out there from time to time, maybe save a couple bucks.

And ^ I have not tried that pedal, sorry.

Cold Flame44
10-10-2008, 04:53 PM
I think they are great practice amps, loud enough to jam with buddies. The only thing I noticed with the one I played.. key word one... was that some of the gain settings had a little noise in the background when you weren't playing. But that was one amp - nothing too serious though. It certainly wouldn't have kept me from buying one if I was in the market. Try to find one used if you can, you see them out there from time to time, maybe save a couple bucks.

And ^ I have not tried that pedal, sorry.

Thanx for your input! Speaking of pedals, btw, how does the super champ xd take pedals? I've never been able to use any pedals with it while testing it out. I know it has a lot of effects and such, but how does a wah or looper sound through it? Or any other type of pedal for that matter?

gregs1020
10-10-2008, 05:09 PM
^ I only tested it at a local shop so I never tried pedals, pak1351 has one maybe he has used pedals with it. PM him, he'll answer he's cool.

mcrfobtai
10-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Theherodies- It isn't that good, just a modelling pedal.

Maybe I'll post pics of my PJ if I can find a cam/

311ZOSOVHJH
10-10-2008, 05:39 PM
i came very close to getting a BJ and then a HRD but it just didn't work out.

*posting to track*

wabuoats
10-10-2008, 05:51 PM
hey, what do you guys think of the hot rod deluxe?

i have heard they have bad overdrive, but i still need to try one

mcrfobtai
10-10-2008, 05:55 PM
I don't like the gain but the cleans are godly

311ZOSOVHJH
10-10-2008, 06:00 PM
yeah, great loud clean amp.

the overdrive is not BAD it is just lacking. I actually like the overdrive that is there for SOME applications.

go try it and if it is not enough, then either get a Blues Jr and an OD pedal or get a Peavey Classic 30.
:haha

mcrfobtai
10-10-2008, 06:01 PM
+1 311

311ZOSOVHJH
10-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Guess who makes these amps?

:cool:

mcrfobtai
10-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Holy shit

UnsignedRecords
10-10-2008, 06:22 PM
eddie van halen builds them right?

:p:

311ZOSOVHJH
10-10-2008, 06:26 PM
he definitely puts them thru rigorous testing

absolutely amazing live - the amp that is.

he was great on the second half of the tour after he 'checked in with a Doctor'. I was completely blown away at how well he played and how awesome it sounded. i mean absolute shock. My jaw was dropped practically the whole time :)

gregs1020
10-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Guess who makes these amps?

:cool:
I will admit I did not know that before joining UG almost a year ago. :eek: Either Matrix or Unsingned set me straight.
I have not had the pleasure to meet one in person yet.

311ZOSOVHJH
10-10-2008, 06:38 PM
i actually called my local GC to see if they can tell me which stores have one. He said they are waiting for theirs. He said he would do a look up of all stores. We'll see.

What made me concerned was when he asked me if I wanted a Head or a Combo. :haha

damn, i wish they did make a combo and as Fender is more inclined to make combo's I was really hoping they could talk Eddie into it. We'll see.

gregs1020
10-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Maybe a combo that isn't 80 friggin pounds, that would be nice.

l3p4rd
10-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Anyways. amp pronz

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1734/img0280yy4.jpg

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6176/img0279cv6.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1167/img0277pf6.jpg

mcrfobtai
10-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Ughh, I dislike 4x10's
Still nice amp though.

lespaul#1
10-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Is the Deville better than the Hot Rod Deluxe?

mcrfobtai
10-10-2008, 08:38 PM
K, pics of my PJ

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/saint-mick/002.jpg
Front shot
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/saint-mick/003.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/saint-mick/004.jpg
Shot of the back. My baby desperatly needs a retubing and speaker change. Running a Fender "Special desgn" and sovteks. :(
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/saint-mick/005.jpg
And the whole gang

l3p4rd
10-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Ughh, I dislike 4x10's
Still nice amp though.
I like it more than the others. By far. I tend to palm mute alot so I need the headroom.

p0nx laozlzol!

Is the Deville better than the Hot Rod Deluxe?

Preference, my friend, just as the guy above me doesn't like 410's and I do.

mcrfobtai
10-10-2008, 08:54 PM
I like it more than the others. By far. I tend to palm mute alot so I need the headroom.

p0nx laozlzol!

Preference, my friend, just as the guy above me doesn't like 410's and I do.
It probably is great for ska though

311ZOSOVHJH
10-10-2008, 08:55 PM
i'd post my fender amps but no one likes them

:(

mcrfobtai
10-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Why nooooo....
Oh

imgooley
10-10-2008, 09:50 PM
I play a Red Knob "The Twin" three days a week.

That's got to count for something.

l3p4rd
10-11-2008, 12:29 AM
It probably is great for ska though

Like it was made for it :P

It also does punk, rockabilly and psychobilly very well.

And I've kicked it up a notch because in my band we do some hardcore breakdowns, it handles it. I love my amp<3.. Stacks are too complicated.

The Picker
10-13-2008, 04:47 PM
I was wondering you all's opinions on the Champ 600. I have one and I really like it, but it seems no one knows about it or recommends Epiphone Valve Jrs. instead. Has anyone else tried them?

mcrfobtai
10-14-2008, 12:21 AM
I like the Champs. Very good amps

RadioMuse
11-02-2008, 04:50 PM
My Evil Twin:

Currently at home (I'm at college)... I miss it so.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v256/23/89/561327214/n561327214_636522_9685.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v256/23/89/561327214/n561327214_636523_2.jpg

With my bastardize tele, which is at a friend's place nearby (where we practice and/or jam from time to time).

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v256/23/89/561327214/n561327214_636524_292.jpg

:)

Exo M7
11-30-2008, 07:21 PM
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/1/8/1/1/181167/pics/_c463581_image_0.JPG

Look at the baby!

I don't own it, but I got to play through a very nice mid-70s twin reverb a bunch last year

Heaven :cool:

Kevin Saale
11-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Blues JR FTW. I got mine for 280 bucks basically unused, what a steal!!

Exo M7
11-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Yeah I got my HRD for $525 brand new...could get a much better deal used, but I'm not a fan of buying used since things of mine tend to break. Quite happy with my purchase :D

I found this topic finally, I did like three searches before this :facepalm:

DardoBoy
12-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Okay I was wondering how well the Twin, Reverb and super reverb take to effects, because I need an amp with that great blues tone that I can also plug my distortion in and get a Jack Whiteish tone.

Blompcube
12-03-2008, 01:43 PM
I have a fender champ 600 - does that count? :p:

gregs1020
12-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Hell yea it does.

^^ Twins take pedals very well. Not sure about the artist you mentioned but in general they do like pedals.

Congrats again Kevin. Hopefully Brett pops in here soon, if he does, he will pwn all of us.

akack
12-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Dark should be back soon, it's about 30 days unless he got the 60 day hammer. Not sure.
Blonde pr0n?
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x164/gregs1020/51reissue.jpg

:liplick:

:liplick: indeed.

311ZOSOVHJH
12-03-2008, 02:19 PM
hell ya it counts :cheers:

that is a great little amp for $199 no?

Gregs - think Jack White of the White Stripes or The Reconteurs. Modern day blues rock dude. Page stylie.

akack - yeah that is pretty bitchin. You've got a Blues Jr too no?

gregs1020
12-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks akack! You made my day. I am planning on getting a couple small mods done to enable the reverb and vibrato on the normal channel. It would make it a bit more versatile. She is kind of a one trick pony right now, but she does that trick very well. :cheers:

Edit: I gotcha 311, thanks for the bearing on that.

And akack, blues jr's are great amps. I sold mine to thin the herd but loved that thang. I wouldn't have if I didn't have the Vibro obviously, tonally the Bjr can be eq'd very close.

Blompcube
12-03-2008, 02:23 PM
hell ya it counts :cheers:

that is a great little amp for $199 no?
well, it costs £125 here :p: but yeah, still great for the price.

akack
12-04-2008, 12:26 AM
I :heart: my BJ to death. Best investment everrrrr.

imicius
12-10-2008, 10:18 PM
I was lucky enough to catch this on ebay a few days ago for only $800; it is my Christmas present

It's a '65 RI Fender Twin Reverb, but a dude in Austin took the amplifier part out and made it a head/cab combination. I love it dearly.

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr299/imicius/a715cbc4.jpg?t=1228961830

Ardie12
12-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Im Buying this fender amp next weekend USED for 350$
http://bl145w.blu145.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=19cbb73b-d501-4027-8f70-6e6c455c93c5&Aux=44|0|8CB2767C78F78F0|
10yrs old, U.S. made

I cant wait :p

The Picker
12-10-2008, 11:19 PM

Yah, I got one too. I am very happy with it.

I've talked to someone once who had an old, vintage Champ that he was fixing up. He got it for free from a friend for doing him some favors. Lucky guy!

signedinbloodnz
12-10-2008, 11:23 PM
I love fender amps. i use a MH-500 and a bassman 150.

also own a frontman 25-r :S

necrosis1193
12-10-2008, 11:47 PM
My frontman is currently taking up a hobby of collecting dust.

My Blues Junior on the other hand, is enjoying a hobby of kicking tonal ass. For bang-to-buck, Fender tubes FTW. :D

R.I.P.Jimi
12-11-2008, 12:24 AM
well i went from a frontman 15G...to this
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/CanadianMiniFan/VibroChamp.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/CanadianMiniFan/VibroChampNameplate.jpg

here's a clip of my terrible playing.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/CanadianMiniFan/th_100_6032.jpg (http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/CanadianMiniFan/?action=view&current=100_6032.flv)

Any settings tips?

mitch_33
12-11-2008, 01:37 AM
I love my blues jr. to death.

I love cranking this thing.

lespaul#1
12-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Keep the thread going.

TNfootballfan62
12-22-2008, 07:27 PM
I played a Super Champ XD. Cool little practice amps, if not a bit overprices for what they are.

lespaul#1
12-22-2008, 08:56 PM
I thought the Super Champ was great too, the Metalhead channel allows you some br00talz, and the Blackface is great for blues.

TNfootballfan62
12-22-2008, 08:59 PM
I didn't have a list of the channels in front of me. Do you know where I can find one?

lespaul#1
12-22-2008, 09:14 PM
http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2331100000

Try clicking Owner's Manual, it won't open, because my Adobe is f'd up. I only knew it was the metalhead channel because the OD got really thick.

MOOSE_CCR99
12-23-2008, 12:29 AM
I have a beautiful ltd edition tweed blues jr waiting for me for christmas, I cant wait!! This never crossed my mind but when i tryed the amp i didnt take my guitar with me, i just played a beck signature. Then I had someone tell me that my guitar (CIJ aerodyne strat) might not go well with the amp.. that was my first mistake and my second was when I was buying the amp they had 2 there, the one I played and one up on a shelf. So i tested the one and bought the one on the shelf because i figured grimmy fingers couldntve got at it but then I starting thinking that was a dumb move because it might be different then the one i played somehow... Oh well only 2 more days till I find out.

TNfootballfan62
12-23-2008, 01:05 AM
^The one on the shelf should sound exactly the same as the one on the floor. You made a good decision there. And it's always good to use your guitar, but if you tested it with a strat, I'm sure you got a good feel for how it'll sound with yours.

^^Thanks. I tried looking there earlier, but my dialup was being so slow I gave up. :haha

mcrfobtai
12-23-2008, 01:08 AM
Well, there's the BM I found. i have a Pro Junior too. Fender's have amazing cleans

rking19
12-23-2008, 01:37 AM
weak pic but here's mine:
http://i41.tinypic.com/25hkco5.jpg

i played a blues jr tweed nos edition...lets just say i got a semi

SlinkyBlue
12-23-2008, 01:39 AM
My Blues Junior, along with my effects and my Les Paul and Strat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/PBdude/DSC_0616.jpg

rking19
12-23-2008, 01:41 AM
My Blues Junior, along with my effects and my Les Paul and Strat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/PBdude/DSC_0616.jpg

absolutely love your strat +1,000,000 to you

SlinkyBlue
12-23-2008, 01:44 AM
absolutely love your strat +1,000,000 to you

Thank you sir =) She sounds utterly perfect, an Ash Body with Custom Shop '69 pickups. Very, very vintage; a light guitar with extremely low output pickups.

For the sake of my thread... love my blues junior. Sounds great no matter what.

MOOSE_CCR99
12-23-2008, 11:20 AM
^The one on the shelf should sound exactly the same as the one on the floor. You made a good decision there. And it's always good to use your guitar, but if you tested it with a strat, I'm sure you got a good feel for how it'll sound with yours.

^^Thanks. I tried looking there earlier, but my dialup was being so slow I gave up. :haha
Thanks for the reasurance lol I was worried Id screwed that up. Whats the deal with the speaker? I looked inside and it doesnt say jensen, it says fender. Did I get hosed?? (again this is all stuff I really should have checked out at the store.

MOOSE_CCR99
12-23-2008, 11:31 AM
i played a blues jr tweed nos edition...lets just say i got a semi
Haha same, so I bought it lol. Who do I pm to get into the fender armada?lol

TNfootballfan62
12-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the reasurance lol I was worried Id screwed that up. Whats the deal with the speaker? I looked inside and it doesnt say jensen, it says fender. Did I get hosed?? (again this is all stuff I really should have checked out at the store.

:cheers: No problem. But I have no idea about the speaker. That'd be worth looking into with other NOS Blues Jr. owners.

MOOSE_CCR99
12-23-2008, 12:01 PM
:cheers: No problem. But I have no idea about the speaker. That'd be worth looking into with other NOS Blues Jr. owners.
Yeah I need to track some down lol.

TNfootballfan62
12-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Do a bit of research. Call or email fender and ask them about it. If you can't find anything, start a thread, maybe.

MOOSE_CCR99
12-23-2008, 12:42 PM
good call,thanks!

darkarbiter7
12-23-2008, 12:52 PM
It could just be a jensen which was relabeled with fender.
Check for speaker codes, if the speaker code starts with 220, it's a jensen.

MOOSE_CCR99
12-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks Ill check that out, but I have to wait for xmas lol. I sent a email to Fender but I have a feeling Ill be able to check the code before they get back to me.

MOOSE_CCR99
12-23-2008, 09:52 PM
When I tested the NOS, I didnt have a OD pedal with me and I didnt push it loud enough to get natural OD. If I swapped my Boss Blues Driver for a Tubescreamer (I dont know which model, are there different models?) or a fulltone OCD, could I get a Rory Gallagher like crunch? I dont wanna copy his tone but thats as harsh a sound as Id ever want.

oneblackened
12-24-2008, 12:19 AM
I like a deluxe reverb's overdrive. Or, the Deluxe model on my Vypyr. Very cool gritty type of tone.

darkarbiter7
12-24-2008, 12:29 AM
OB: Yeah, I loved the deluxe model on the Vypyr. It was a nice fat, gritty tone.
Definitely not bad for a 200 (I played the 30) dollar amp.

oneblackened
12-24-2008, 12:37 AM
OB: Yeah, I loved the deluxe model on the Vypyr. It was a nice fat, gritty tone.
Definitely not bad for a 200 (I played the 30) dollar amp.
yeah, I think it's great for heavier blues and who-like hard rock.

MOOSE_CCR99
12-24-2008, 11:35 AM
eh, whats the most crunch you can get on one of these bad boys with a OD out front?

MOOSE_CCR99
12-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Hey guys, I got my amp and checked the sticker on the speaker and it says made in USA !!! I thought the jensen was supposed to be made in Italy?? and I couldnt find a serial code on it either. I dunno if Ill be able to tell the difference without testing it next to a normal blues jr :l

TNfootballfan62
12-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Did you call Fender? I probably would.

SlinkyBlue
12-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Does anyone have any reccomendations for an aftermarket speaker that I will throw in a blues junior?

I'm looking for tight bass that doesn't flab, powerful punch and midrange, and decent highs but I don't want bright, icypicky tone.

I've been looking at the Eminence Texas Heat. Any opinions? How does it fare against Jensens? I have heard Jensens are too sparkly.

MOOSE_CCR99
12-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Did you call Fender? I probably would.
Not yet, gunna call the store soon and then Fender (its a free number eh?), plus its xmas day so i figured I wouldnt get through to anyone. Im just eorried they charged me more for somthing that I didnt get. I was checking pics and mine looks a little lighter in color :S. I really screwed up, I shouldve just bought the one I played !!! I feel like a idiot, but hopefully things will work themselves out (Its still a nice goddamn amp but the jensen is the tops).

TNfootballfan62
12-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Well, if you didnt get the right speaker, then they didn't sell you the NOS amp, and you have a serious complaint there. But still, that's not your mistake. That's theirs. You didn't make a mistake buying the the one off the shelf. That was a great move. Buying one off the floor is as good as buying a used one.

lespaul#1
12-26-2008, 12:22 AM
I like a deluxe reverb's overdrive. Or, the Deluxe model on my Vypyr. Very cool gritty type of tone.

Yeah, mine surprised me, when cranked to 10, it gives of an ACDC sort of tone. And I heard people on reviews say it had little breakup.

colin617
12-26-2008, 12:29 AM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/coln617/1a1a81c0.jpg
My two favorite Fenders.
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/coln617/ampsfx8.jpg
Fender and its Hell-spawn

MOOSE_CCR99
12-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Well, if you didnt get the right speaker, then they didn't sell you the NOS amp, and you have a serious complaint there. But still, that's not your mistake. That's theirs. You didn't make a mistake buying the the one off the shelf. That was a great move. Buying one off the floor is as good as buying a used one.
Yeah I never thought of it that way, your making me feel a whole lot better about this lol. Its a weird situation because I noticed the color of my amp is lighter than the NOS lacquered tweed but at the same time theres a panel on the back of the amp saying lilited edition. What Im gunna do is after the boxing week madness subsides, I'll make a trip down to the store and tell them my problem (not sure what they can do cause thats a really good point about floor models being just like used and I might not wanna trade for the floor one now lol). If I called Fender, what can they do about the situation?

TNfootballfan62
12-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Well actually make sure there's a problem first. You could very well have the correct speaker.

MOOSE_CCR99
12-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah, Im gunna give the store a call soon.

MOOSE_CCR99
12-27-2008, 07:33 PM
So I called L&M and talked to a guy there that told me their distributor told them that Fender put fender stickers on the speaker of that batch of amps for some reason. So he took down my info and hes gunna have the distributor get in touch with me and said I might wanna give Fender a call just to hear it from the horses mouth. I might need to bring it in a test it against a normal blues jr just for the peace of mind. Im still not 100% convinced because the color of mire is lighter looking then the pics Ive seen online and the warrantee tag said it was in effect 2001 (since they are limited edition, I figured they were made more recently.

TNfootballfan62
12-28-2008, 02:27 AM
Check it with Fender, then, to make sure the store isn't BSing you, but I have a feeling you'll be fine.

Weeping_Demon7
12-28-2008, 02:57 AM
This local music store has an original Fender Bassman with vintage everything for like only 800 bucks.

darkarbiter7
12-28-2008, 03:01 AM
^Which bassman though?
If it's a tweed or BF, scoop that thing up! If it's a Silverface, that's actually a little above average price for one.

MOOSE_CCR99
12-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I gave fender a call but I got a machine telling me to call on a weekday.
I found out the code for each speaker online (the jensen that should be in and the eminence that is in the normal blues jrs) and took a really good look at the speaker in my amp. Even though the sticker says made for fender by eminence, I found the code of the jensen that should be in it (C12-N) on the speaker. I was so releaved to see that code lol, cause when your spending that kinda money some peace of mind would be nice. Im gunna give fender a call just to be 100%. It was weird, I got the idea in my head that this wasnt the speaker and the tone started sounding different to me (even after my mom said it sounded the same as it did in the store and I said it was cause she didnt have a trained ear, lol I felt pretty stupid on that one).

MOOSE_CCR99
01-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Hey, I got pics of my amp finally. How can i paste em here on the forum?

TNfootballfan62
01-02-2009, 09:25 PM
^Didn't you already ask about how to do that in a different thread? :p:

MOOSE_CCR99
01-03-2009, 02:21 AM
yea lol but it only let me post em as links, i made them smaller on photobucket but how do you paste on here instead of a link. lol sorry Im just not very computer literate.
Whatever, links'll just have to do. I gotta show this greasy bastard off.
http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii417/jackstraw424/DSCN0221.jpg
http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii417/jackstraw424/DSCN0220.jpg
http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii417/jackstraw424/DSCN0219.jpg
http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii417/jackstraw424/DSCN0218.jpg
Nice! thanks for the help lol.

TNfootballfan62
01-03-2009, 03:10 AM
Take your photobucket links and put these tags around it: [ img]insert link here[/ img]

Obviously remove the unnecessary spaces.

lespaul#1
01-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Wow, when using my XXL, my BFDR can do metal.

Matt Chavie
01-20-2009, 12:40 AM
I went to Guitar Center to buy a Peavey 112 Valve King, they were out. So I asked "What other tube amps do you have for around $400?" he replies "Fender Blues Jr, and some Vox'" so I play the Fender with a Boss SD-1, and am like ok, I like this. Then talk to him about the Vox and how it's only partially tube. So I say "Why not?" I brought the Fender home, plugged my Jackson->DD-6->MXR 10 Band EQ->Amp, and it owns. All I hear is Fender Cleans, what about Fender Brutals?

I am a huge fan.

shadow__666
01-20-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm GASing hard for a Supersonic. Great Fender cleans with a good drive channel. Now if only I had $2000...

Truteno-the spi
03-11-2009, 12:34 PM
hey just wondering if anyone had info on a 1980's amp, its the H.O.T. model.. if anyone has any infomation send a pm or post here thanks

Firebread
03-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Hey, what do you guys think of a Fender Tone Master 212 Cab with V30's going with a 63' Fender Bassman head?

3hta_bryce
04-08-2009, 11:01 PM
how good/loud is the Fender Vibro Champ XD Guitar Combo??

311ZOSOVHJH
04-08-2009, 11:03 PM
I don't know but if you want a free Fender shirt go here:

http://www.fender.com/souloftone/

Edit: I've played it and the SuperChamp. I'd rather have a SuperChamp but the VibroChamp is not bad.

TNfootballfan62
04-08-2009, 11:15 PM
^^It's a nice practice amp. It's not all that loud, though. Don't expect to gig with it or anything.

PussyPunk182
04-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Ive got a superchamp xd, I've heard alot about changing speaker aswell as adding cabs, anyone have any suggestions? I'm not looking to spend too much though, tbh I don't know much about speakers, or how much they cost so just as long as it's worth it and not too much money I'd appreciate it.

oneblackened
04-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Dammit, I want a Blues Junior. I played one a few months ago and it sounded quite nice.

bluesrocker101
04-20-2009, 10:28 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j266/Bluesrocker101/IMG_2712.jpg

Just thought I'd post a picture of my beloved Bassman. Got it used, and it looks like it's been around the world. The wear and tear of it is pretty cool.

Yes, I know the photo is lame-ly artified. Haha.

pak1351
04-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Ive got a superchamp xd, I've heard alot about changing speaker aswell as adding cabs, anyone have any suggestions? I'm not looking to spend too much though, tbh I don't know much about speakers, or how much they cost so just as long as it's worth it and not too much money I'd appreciate it.
Depends what kind of sound you want. The stock speaker's pretty decent as far as versatility.
If you want a more blues-oriented speaker, a jensen c10q is hard to beat for the price.

An eminence ragin cajun is good for making the amp louder and for American rock, I'd explain its sound as a growl to a roar, depending on the volume. It's not the best speaker for cleans

Warehouse veteran 30 would be my recommendation for modern, more metal/hard-rock sounds.

Those are all around 40-50 bucks.

If you want a classic rock kind of sound, celestion makes a 10" greenback, but that's pretty pricey. Eminence might make some cheaper alternatives, i don't know

TNfootballfan62
04-21-2009, 12:17 AM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j266/Bluesrocker101/IMG_2712.jpg

Just thought I'd post a picture of my beloved Bassman. Got it used, and it looks like it's been around the world. The wear and tear of it is pretty cool.

Yes, I know the photo is lame-ly artified. Haha.

:heart:

IMABBALLPLAYER
06-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Just thought I'd give you a few shots of my Blues Deluxe Reissue.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/IMABBALLPLAYER/BluesDeluxeReissuetop.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/IMABBALLPLAYER/FenderBluesDeluxeReissue.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/IMABBALLPLAYER/guitarsandamps.jpg

necrosis1193
06-18-2009, 03:29 PM
I was thinking about getting one of those if and when I get to a point where my Blues Jr. doesn't cut it volume-wise, how is it?

ASP499
06-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Yo UG and the fender amp thread (love the blackfaces and brownfaces). I was thinkin about gettin a used super reverb reissue to upgrade from my current amp, the to add pedals for od/distortion. I play indie/alt/classic rock/jazz/blues, how would this work? any other fender amps worth lookin at? i just love the cleans

IMABBALLPLAYER
06-18-2009, 04:08 PM
I was thinking about getting one of those if and when I get to a point where my Blues Jr. doesn't cut it volume-wise, how is it?
If you're looking for volume, then this is it. I rarely go past 2 on both settings. When I'm playing with a drummer, I might go to about 3. I normally mic my amp though when I'm playing live. But this is definitely one hell of a loud amp. The clean tone on it is extraordinary. Then the drive channel gives you a nice little bluesy distortion. I haven't played the Blues Jr. but I'm assuming it's pretty similar in tone and whatnot. I'd recommend getting a good overdrive pedal if you plan on playing any harder rock. I personally use a Fulltone OCD, and I absolutely love it.

Jimbleton
06-18-2009, 04:46 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/IMABBALLPLAYER/guitarsandamps.jpg

i love the flamed maple look of your strat

manhangi
06-18-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm GASing hard for a Supersonic. Great Fender cleans with a good drive channel. Now if only I had $2000...

Oh man know, my lesson instructor has one of those and a few G&L Teles' and...PHEW man it's pure goodness. I haven't heard the distortion channel do rock (he keeps it on blues/cleanish boost for self use mostly) but I'm intrigued by the two gain knobs. Something tells me its' really versatile from pure clean volume boost to I'd say a pretty nasty disto (nothing br00tz but nice for a lo gain amp) and EVERYTHING in between.

IMABBALLPLAYER
06-18-2009, 07:43 PM
i love the flamed maple look of your strat
Oh thanks! :cheers: I just wish it didn't have the laminate finish. I'm so tempted to sand it and put a nitrocellulose lacquer on it.

Oh man know, my lesson instructor has one of those and a few G&L Teles' and...PHEW man it's pure goodness. I haven't heard the distortion channel do rock (he keeps it on blues/cleanish boost for self use mostly) but I'm intrigued by the two gain knobs. Something tells me its' really versatile from pure clean volume boost to I'd say a pretty nasty disto (nothing br00tz but nice for a lo gain amp) and EVERYTHING in between.
Those Supersonics are sexy. You can get a pretty versatile tone with 'em. I tried one out, and I was able to get a pretty nice hard rock distortion, but nothing like metal.

jonthomas83
06-21-2009, 06:03 PM
My Evil Twin:

Currently at home (I'm at college)... I miss it so.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v256/23/89/561327214/n561327214_636522_9685.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v256/23/89/561327214/n561327214_636523_2.jpg

With my bastardize tele, which is at a friend's place nearby (where we practice and/or jam from time to time).

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v256/23/89/561327214/n561327214_636524_292.jpg

:)
Hi guys, first post, be nice! I've been lurking a while and have plucked up the courage to post staying wary of the rules at the same time so I don't upset anybody!

Anyways, I spotted this post a few pages back and I have exactly the same amp, I don't think this is the new model Twin but I'd like to find out what year it was made, I have the serial number, does anyone know how I can find out? Or can anyone tell me the year(s) these models were in production?

It's a beautiful amp and I love it, I just need to get it out of the house so I can crank it. I bought it in 2005 and gigged it once before I went on a 4 year hiatus. Now I'm back and I've got it bad! I whacked in my Tonebone and had a blast this afternoon. It sounds amazing!

Can anyone tell me what the technical difference between input 1 and input 2 is please? I think it's brightness but can't be sure!

Many thanks,
Jonathan

mr_hankey
06-21-2009, 06:30 PM
hey just wondering if anyone had info on a 1980's amp, its the H.O.T. model.. if anyone has any infomation send a pm or post here thanks
That's a cheap SS amp. No better than any new beginner's amp.

Meatball200
06-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Jon: If you've got the exact "Twin Amp" in those photos, eg. the one without the tremolo input then they were made in the mid-late 1990's before being replaced with the trem version.

Input two is a pad input, basically if you've got active pickups it's best to plug it into that one.

Will post some photos of mine soon.

jonthomas83
06-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Jon: If you've got the exact "Twin Amp" in those photos, eg. the one without the tremolo input then they were made in the mid-late 1990's before being replaced with the trem version.

Input two is a pad input, basically if you've got active pickups it's best to plug it into that one.

Nice one man, thanks. Yeah I plugged in to input 2 today and it sounded lame!

Mid late 90's! Quality stuff.

Do you know of a website where I can get more info on it? I bought it thinking that a Twin is a Twin and they're all the same, but now I know a lot different and I'd like to learn more about it really. I'm still trying to find my way with it if I'm honest you know what I mean.

Meatball200
06-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Yeah I managed to find a good one after searching round google a bit, might have a look for it another day but it was like a timeline of how the amps evolved over the years.

The distortion channel is okay for very light distortion but otherwise im just running pedals through the clean channel for everything.

jonthomas83
06-22-2009, 06:37 AM
If you don't mind me asking, and if it's not going off topic too much, what pedals are you using to get your distortion? I'm using the Tonebone Hot British and it sounds lovely but I'm always on the hunt for more, and better if possible.

Meatball200
06-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Better than what i've got for sure, Boss-OS2 for overdrive and a USA Proco RAT II for distortion.

Heard great things about the tonebone's.

jonthomas83
06-23-2009, 06:40 AM
Yeah, they sound nice in fairness, Radial make some good stuff, and the Hot British offers a lot of quality tones. I was chugging like a trooper on my Twin the other day, something, I didn't think was possible with an amp renowned for its clean sound. I'd definitely recommend! I'll try and get some clips up for you at some point, but funds are the key to getting recording gear!

Meatball200
06-28-2009, 03:32 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa257/zoso200/DSCN1626.jpg

Here's mine

jonthomas83
06-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Nice! Loving the guitar, I'm looking into compressors at the moment (I'm guessing that's the blue Boss?), I'm intrigued as to what the digitech ones are?

P.S. Loving the scalextric! :)

mr_hankey
06-28-2009, 06:17 PM
I just noticed I didn't post my amps in this thread yet. How could I possibly let this opportunity to show off pass by?

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/9/9/3/1/99319/pics/_c238732_image_0.jpg

My 1964 'blonde' Bassman, with homemade 2x Eminence Legend 151 cab. Both very 'work in progress' (tolex).

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/9/9/3/1/99319/pics/_c109566_image_0.jpg

My 1976 Champ, with Jensen C8R.

Meatball200
06-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Nice! Loving the guitar, I'm looking into compressors at the moment (I'm guessing that's the blue Boss?), I'm intrigued as to what the digitech ones are?

P.S. Loving the scalextric! :)

1. It's an ibanez post-lawsuit les paul custom: They introduced the tulip headstock after Gibson sued them in 77 I think and then discontinued the entire range by 1980

2. The Blue Boss is in fact a ps-3 (Pitch Shifter/Delay). The cs-3 looks very similar from a distance but with white knobs so it's a fair mistake to make. They're meant to be pretty good.

3. Both are Hardwire Digitech's, basically better quality and true bypass. Far left is the RV-7 reverb and to the right DL-8 Delay/ Looper

I'm not sure why the scalextric's in my room, got back from uni and found it in here :haha

Hankey: That Bassman is gorgeous

jonthomas83
06-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Quality stuff! I had a feeling it could be a pitch shifter maybe! Yeah I've heard good things about the Hardwire stuff, I may seem like I'm looking for a lot lately but a reverb and delay are on my shortlist. Damn, it's horrible having to buy stuff that you sold off only a few years ago, I'm really regretting doing that now!

Nice Bassman mr_hankey!

GorillaSalsa
06-28-2009, 07:29 PM
New to this thread, didn't know it was here. Bought a new Hot Rod Deville 410 a few weeks ago and I'm in love with it.

jonthomas83
06-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Nice congratulations Gorilla, I alwaysliked the DeVille 2x12, always sounded pristine to me. If you have pics get 'em up here! :)

tubetime86
06-30-2009, 10:38 AM
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww117/tubetime86/DSC00523.jpg

MMMmmm, Doggy Likey!

sstony
06-30-2009, 11:35 AM
I have an original deluxe reverb from 1980 in my pics, the best clean sound you´ll ever find .

Meatball200
07-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Ooh an original blackface, yes I imagine it probably does then. What tubes have you got in it?

Pencil Man
07-16-2009, 03:45 PM
I use a Fender Blues Deville (non-reissue) 410 tweed model from 1993. I like it, especially when it is hooked up with my MArshall.

jonthomas83
07-16-2009, 05:26 PM

Found some good info on our amp mate, its traditional Fender name is the "94 Twin" a.k.a. "Evil Twin".

Here's some links to the manual (which has settings etc.) etc:

http://www.ampwares.com/amp.asp?id=118

http://www.ampwares.com/schematics/Twin_Amp.pdf

Hope that gives some more insight. Luckily they were given the "Evil" nickname due to the earlier models being unreliable, I think by 1994, Fender tidied up some of the issues and our model is more reliable! Fingers crossed!

Meatball200
07-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Cheers, will give them a mosey.

I always read it was named the Evil because of the evil red knobs :haha
Speaking of reliability, i'm taking mine to a tech due to a partially blocked tube socket which I'm pretty sure is causing the hiss i'm also concerned with. Will report back.

jonthomas83
07-17-2009, 04:41 AM
Good luck with that mate! Hope it's nothing bad!

Pencil Man
09-20-2009, 07:54 PM
I've got a 1993 Blues Deluxe 410 for $200. Great for blues and Am. voiced (I've got a Marshall also) rock tones.

bassthunder
11-24-2009, 02:05 AM
I have a question about running a mic through a Fender Rumble (although I think this would pertain to any amp with a line-out): if I hooked two XLR cables together, would I be able to run a mic through the amp without using a soundboard?

DaveM666
12-14-2009, 09:06 AM
last month, I managed to aquire a fender GT 90 amp, for £75 ^^ I must admit, I love this amp, but does anyone know a foo t switch that will go well with it, just want a simple one to go from clean to distorted and back again

AlexW1989
01-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Just bought a Frontman 25R for £40, almost brand new, and i was playing it last night fine, but this morning it will not turn on at all. I have opened it up and checked all the connections into the on off switch and they are all fine, so i'm thinking maybe the switch itself has broken?? Can anyone offer any advice, or where to get another switch from??
Thanks

tubetime86
01-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Ooh an original blackface, yes I imagine it probably does then. What tubes have you got in it?
A 1980 is not a blackface. :facepalm: