Queensryche

PDA

View Full Version : Queensryche

Eric 666
10-28-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm sure its been done, but the searchbar is the most useless thing in this forum...anyway, brilliant band, I'm listening to Empire right now and I have Operation Mindcrime coming up next, share your thoughts on the band

Tapping_Ninja
10-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Operation mindcrime.... end of story... That album will make you realize that guitar playing in the 80's was amazing... One of my all time favortie Concept albums ever...

MoleMania
10-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Operation mindcrime is perfect, and Geoff is an AMZING singer.

Cool concept too.

Eric 666
10-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Operation mindcrime.... end of story... That album will make you realize that guitar playing in the 80's was amazing... One of my all time favortie Concept albums ever...

I was listening to Spreading The Disease this morning, the riff to the first verse is so freakin cool :D

lobster624
10-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Operation mindcrime is perfect, and Geoff is an AMZING singer.

Cool concept too.

still the only album i've heard, but i completely agree. i keep forgetting to pick up Empire.

Eric 666
10-28-2008, 09:48 PM
still the only album i've heard, but i completely agree. i keep forgetting to pick up Empire.

Empire is a really good record, its also been said that its sort of a mini-concept record due to all the phone messages left at the beginning of the first 6 tracks.

dio_dude
10-29-2008, 07:18 AM
actually, i'm going to commit blasphemy here and say that mindcrime is crap! :o

1.Queensryche self titled EP (this is ESSENTIAL)
2.Queensryche The Warning
3.Operation mindcrime

the only good things the 'ryche has ever done.

Tapping_Ninja
10-29-2008, 01:11 PM

3.Operation mindcrime

What??? Confused are you saying they've only down three albums

even though they did Empire (which was early 90's)

and their cover album apporpriately titled Take Cover (which came out when ever)

And don't forget the sequal to Mindcrime (which came up not too long ago)

MoleMania
10-29-2008, 02:50 PM
3.Operation mindcrime

Contradiction?

dio_dude
10-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Contradiction?snap...

Smeak
10-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Queensryche is amazing, i remember watching them play years ago on MTV, was one of the best performances i have seen :)

Eric 666
10-31-2008, 12:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHZlfTPJdKw

Geoff is a God, even live.

MoleMania
10-31-2008, 03:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHZlfTPJdKw

Geoff is a God, even live.
This.

Anyone think that it's a shame the old guitarists are gone? :sad: I doubt that their new album will be as ultimate as before, but hopefully Geoff's singing will save the day!

Eric 666
11-01-2008, 09:26 AM
This.

Anyone think that it's a shame the old guitarists are gone? :sad: I doubt that their new album will be as ultimate as before, but hopefully Geoff's singing will save the day!

I think it always has compensated, but ever since Chris left, its...not really been the same, hell even when I listen to Promised Land and even Hear In The Now Frontier, the later records...it sounds like Chris wasn't really putting much effort into it, I heard that's the reason he left, he lost his will to play.

MoleMania
11-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Whoa! I've just watched some of the live in tokyo video and :eek: Geoff just proves everyone that he is ultimate. Check out Take hold of the flame or Prophecy. They're practically the same as the studio versions.

Anyway, I had to let this thread live longer.

ToalNOOB
11-24-2008, 04:13 AM
Operation Mindcrime II is my dads favorite album... this is his favorite band. I don't like them but they have fanatics.

WhyteChocl8
11-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Great band and always a pleasure to see live.

Colton165
12-15-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm sure its been done, but the searchbar is the most useless thing in this forum...anyway, brilliant band, I'm listening to Empire right now and I have Operation Mindcrime coming up next, share your thoughts on the band
Operation Mindcrime is tied for 1st with Images and Words [DT] as best prog album ever in my opinion.

Great songwriting, playing, vocals, everything!

figerade
12-16-2008, 03:36 AM
I cant wait until the new album! Mindcrime is one of those albums I have to fully listen to, not just one track.

Second Rate
12-16-2008, 04:20 AM
Good band.... but their post-mindcrime material has been pretty hit and miss.

Tapping_Ninja
12-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Operation Mindcrime is tied for 1st with Images and Words [DT] as best prog album ever in my opinion.

Great songwriting, playing, vocals, everything!

Images and Words is a good DT album, but Metropolis is there best by far...

Any ways, does anyone know if their live mind crime album is good.

GoDrex
12-16-2008, 11:38 AM

3.Operation mindcrime

I agree with this except for the mindcrime is crap part. It's a good album. I like the songs better individually than as a concept album. The story is kind of lame, but the songs rock. The Warning is my favorite. Couldn't get into Rage For Order and they lost me for good with Empire. Silent Lucidity killed it for me. Still a great band. Best concert ever was when they opened for Metallica.

MoleMania
12-16-2008, 02:47 PM
I agree with this except for the mindcrime is crap part. It's a good album. I like the songs better individually than as a concept album. The story is kind of lame, but the songs rock. The Warning is my favorite. Couldn't get into Rage For Order and they lost me for good with Empire. Silent Lucidity killed it for me. Still a great band. Best concert ever was when they opened for Metallica.
Completely agree what you said about rage for order and empire. Especially empire, his voice sounds too nasally and the songs don't cut it for me. Their live shows also started to decline as he began smoking.... :(

Orbit91
12-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Sucked when Michael left :(

DaFjory
12-16-2008, 06:24 PM
I can't agree on either Rage For Order or Empire - granted, they're not AS good as The Warning or Operation: Mindcrime, but they're still prog metal as anything. I love all the first 4 just as much.

Promised Land is where they got boring for me. Nasal vox, drawn-out songs, album too long... Yeah, that's teh sucks began.

Slaytanic1993
12-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Awesome band.

Empire and OM are the best, to me.

RLucas
12-22-2008, 05:49 PM
I got in to them when a friend in high school gave me the Rage for Order cassette. I thought they were great! I saw them when they opened for Metallica on the Justice tour, and they blew my mind!

leeb rocks
12-30-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm listening to OM right now for the first time and I have to say I'm really enjoying this. I was a bit wary that it may be another album ruined for me by 80's cheese but this is a really fantastic album so far.

madh4ttr
12-31-2008, 06:12 AM
yea, good band
I'll be checking them out on kick ass cruise
www.getshiprocked.com

xsentrick
01-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Love'em! I would love to see Mindcrime made into a movie/musical!

led_zepaholic
03-26-2009, 12:13 AM
Listening to their album "American Soldier" now!

I have to say, it is brilliant!!!
Very cool concept to do an album on too!

Thoughts?

Jimi-is-god
03-26-2009, 07:29 AM
"Queen of the Reich"

The scream at 0:23... As epic as Bruce Dickinson!

Geoff Tate has some powerful vocals

Dakota Bob
03-26-2009, 11:47 AM
I've had their Operation:Mindcrime album now for ages, I'm really getting into them and want to get more of their stuff. does anybody have any suggestions what album I should get next from them? (I've already ordered Mindcrime II BTW)

DaFjory
03-26-2009, 11:51 AM
I've had their Operation:Mindcrime album now for ages, I'm really getting into them and want to get more of their stuff. does anybody have any suggestions what album I should get next from them? (I've already ordered Mindcrime II BTW)

Oh dear.

You should've gone straight down to The Warning and Rage For Order instead of Mindcrime II. :no:

Dakota Bob
03-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Oh dear.

You should've gone straight down to The Warning and Rage For Order instead of Mindcrime II. :no:

How so?

DaFjory
03-26-2009, 12:45 PM
How so?

Because those 2 are more like Mindcrime, than Mindcrime II. The latter just sounds... blah.

(Moi. I'm half Finnish-English too, btw. :) )

Dakota Bob
03-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Because those 2 are more like Mindcrime, than Mindcrime II. The latter just sounds... blah.

(Moi. I'm half Finnish-English too, btw. :) )

Well, I'll be sure to check those two albums out then.

Also, I didn't know there were other finnish-english people here :D

JackalUK
07-06-2009, 07:40 AM
So what does everyone think of American Soldier then now it's been out for a while.

I think it's a very strong album with an amazing theme. Stand out track - Home Again. A strange song by all account, Tate and his daughter. I like the fact that Emily isn't the strongest singer, adds a real sense of a regular girl at home.

LightninStrikes
07-06-2009, 03:06 PM
So what does everyone think of American Soldier then now it's been out for a while.

I think it's a very strong album with an amazing theme. Stand out track - Home Again. A strange song by all account, Tate and his daughter. I like the fact that Emily isn't the strongest singer, adds a real sense of a regular girl at home.

Didn't really care for it when i heard it live a month or two back saw them in LA and they performed Rage for Order, American Soldier, and Empire. One of the best mixed live shows I have seen if not the best. Personally I prefered Winger's IV which is very similar in concept.

darkstar2466
01-23-2010, 05:26 AM
Operation Mindcrime is so fucking fantastic.

District
01-24-2010, 11:09 AM
My favorite Ryche records are:

- Tribe
- American Soldier
- Rage for Order
- Operation Mindcrime I

I really hate:
- Operation Mindcrime II
- Empire

Kwote
01-25-2010, 12:15 AM
I found one of those on vinyl last year. Pretty cool overall. I'm more of an instrumental metal guy though. Wondering if there was any instrumental Queensryche stuff or if every track has vocals?