ceremony

PDA

View Full Version : ceremony

ralph wiggum
11-04-2008, 03:55 AM
couldnt find a thread

i didnt think much of them when i first heard them, but lately ive been listening to them allot...

dude reminds me of youth of today.

SadistNation
11-04-2008, 09:26 AM
theres been 4 threads on them, but none are recent so i guess this is ok.

favorite hardcore band that's still around

IlikeTheSKA
11-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I was listening to Still Nothing Moves You the other day while folding laundry, and I felt like a serial killer. When I left my dorm to go get food I kept hoping that I didn't kill anyone.

I'm kind of pissed that I missed them play a backyard show that turned out to be amazing.

fetusface4
11-04-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm going to see them on Friday with Have Heart and Blacklisted. It's going to be a crazy show.

SadistNation
11-04-2008, 12:17 PM
I was listening to Still Nothing Moves You the other day while folding laundry, and I felt like a serial killer. When I left my dorm to go get food I kept hoping that I didn't kill anyone.

I'm kind of pissed that I missed them play a backyard show that turned out to be amazing.

they are like my laundry listening band. cuz my laundry room is in the basement and thats where my record player is, so i just leave the laundry room door open. My two laundry room records are:

Ceremony: Still Nothing Moves You
Mass Movements of the Moth: Outer Space

Manos15
11-04-2008, 01:25 PM
11 days til I get to see them.

JxD
11-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Seeing Ceremony covering Subliminal by Suicidal Tendencies was possibly one of the best moments of my life.

BreakingTheGirl
11-04-2008, 06:23 PM
i think still nothing moves you is shit, scared people is amazsing and violence violence too.
if you've ever seen them, holy ****. people go off even harder than you'd imagine.

saxaxe
11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Anyone know the lyrics to Pressure's On?
I can't find them anywhere and I'm not sure what he's saying at the beginning of that song.

SadistNation
11-04-2008, 07:53 PM
http://www.myspace.com/redcrules

go to Pressure's On and then hit the lyrics button.

is it just me or does the first line sound like "Balls on my back" ha

XCount Me InX
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
i saw ceremony last year

they were pretty decent

and yeah there have been ALOT of threads on them already

saxaxe
11-04-2008, 08:50 PM
http://www.myspace.com/redcrules

go to Pressure's On and then hit the lyrics button.

is it just me or does the first line sound like "Balls on my back" ha
That's exactly the line I'm looking for haha
Thats what my girlfriend and I thought he said.

Cedence
11-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Anyone know the lyrics to Pressure's On?
I can't find them anywhere and I'm not sure what he's saying at the beginning of that song.
It's a Rec C cover, try searching for the original

JxD
11-04-2008, 10:02 PM
I think I like the Ceremony version of Pressures on more than Red C. The guy from Red C tends to sing in a false British accent, it's weird. Anyways, if you're looking for the original, just search for the Flex Your Head comp. on most download things, it'll turn up, or buy it from Dischord Records. Probably on of the best compilations in existence.

recklessnick
11-04-2008, 11:32 PM
**** your catchy one liners
**** your dress to impress
you can go **** yourself with your trendy shit!

but seriously, i only know like 2 songs lol.

Manos15
11-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Get the new album then. It hits so hard.

ralph wiggum
11-05-2008, 02:24 AM
i saw ceremony last year

they were pretty decent

and yeah there have been ALOT of threads on them already

ive come to realize my search bar skills are pretty poor :(
there probably were threads there, i just didn't see them

Internal Chaos
11-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Amazing, so angry I didn't see them when they came out.

I only have Violence, Violence, but I don't care.

recklessnick
11-05-2008, 10:39 AM
it gets kinda irritating at times...

XCount Me InX
11-05-2008, 01:03 PM
ive been meaning to get the album
but ive heard its not so good, so i cant decide

tomohawkjoe
11-05-2008, 07:02 PM
The Lines in My Forehead + Making with stale air
so good.

xBOPx
11-08-2008, 07:11 PM
I missed Ceremony every time they came into town, but i got to catch them on that Have Heart tour, and Holy Sh*t they are hands down one of the best bands live.
I felt evil during their whole set.

Thunder and Lighting Protect me from god
I won't be skull f*cked by Faith
I am the upside down cross.

JxD
11-08-2008, 09:26 PM

I always found those lyrics amusing because the upside down cross is actually the cross of St. Peter (you may have heard of him, he was the first leader of the Christian church after the death of Jesus). He was crucified upside down because he didn't feel worthy of dying in the same manner as Jesus, hence the upside down cross. I think St. Peters basilica is also adorned in upside down crosses, which became his symbol after his death. So if you hate Christianity and you're in a band, reevaluate any uses of this symbol.

Manos15
11-08-2008, 09:58 PM
I always found those lyrics amusing because the upside down cross is actually the cross of St. Peter (you may have heard of him, he was the first leader of the Christian church after the death of Jesus). He was crucified upside down because he didn't feel worthy of dying in the same manner as Jesus, hence the upside down cross. I think St. Peters basilica is also adorned in upside down crosses, which became his symbol after his death. So if you hate Christianity and you're in a band, reevaluate any uses of this symbol.
This man speaks the truth.

IMO, the whole inverted cross, "God Free Youth" movement among hardcore kids is getting really annoying. It seems stupid 16 year old kids are using it as a means to appear edgy. It's pretty much descended into self-parody.

Internal Chaos
11-09-2008, 12:46 PM
What new bands are doing it? I've never seen anyone do it.

I'm aware of the whole Peter thing, I've always used a cross a cm or so above a horizontal line to show that I'm higher than Jesus. Works for me.

SadistNation
11-09-2008, 12:49 PM
listen to black metal, almost no one Doesn't do it. ha

Internal Chaos
11-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Yeah I was referring to hardcore though, assuming thats the topic.

Used to be a big fan of black metal, haha.

JxD
11-09-2008, 01:11 PM
A lot of crust and power-violence bands do it and Pulling Teeth does it too I believe.

Internal Chaos
11-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Did not know that, I only just got some Pulling Teeth from the net, haven't looked into it much.

Also, I have Violence Violence. Where now?

JxD
11-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Also, I have Violence Violence. Where now?

If you mean what Ceremony album next, you could probably get Scared People if you're into vinyl (apparently there's even a Negative FX cover on it, I have yet to buy it). They just put "Still Nothing Moves You" (new full-length) which a lot of people don't seem to be too thrilled about. Apparently they were expecting Violence Violence again and when the band decided to not record the same album with different lyrics, they got upset. I thought it was good though (if that means anything to anyone, I don't know how much "cred" I have on this site).

tomohawkjoe
11-09-2008, 01:55 PM
yeah, Scared People is a good ep to go next. I agree with JxD on Still Nothing Moves You, good album.

SadistNation
11-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Still Nothing Moves You is amazing. It's really different but it's still Ceremony. Entropy is sooooo hard.

IlikeTheSKA
11-09-2008, 11:11 PM
I missed Ceremony every time they came into town, but i got to catch them on that Have Heart tour, and Holy Sh*t they are hands down one of the best bands live.
I felt evil during their whole set.

They played a backyard show on Long Island a few weeks ago, and at this point in the song it got cloudy and started raining.

SadistNation
11-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Yo.....stop lyin'.

but really, fo' reals?

BassNewbie
11-10-2008, 12:27 PM

worst lyrics ever? yaa

one of those bands i acknowledge that i enjoy their music but i also think their one of the worst bands out there. sloppy live. terrible lyrics some of the time

wish they played the negative fx cover live

JxD
11-10-2008, 01:56 PM
worst lyrics ever? yaa

one of those bands i acknowledge that i enjoy their music but i also think their one of the worst bands out there. sloppy live. terrible lyrics some of the time

wish they played the negative fx cover live

This comment is gold. "worst lyrics ever? yaa... terrible lyrics some of the time." Does it count as irony to rip on a bands writing prowess (or lack thereof) and do so whilst barely stringing a cohesive "sentence" together?

SadistNation
11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
they are a super angry hardcore band, do you expect them to sound beautiful live? I think not! i don't know anyone who goes to a hardcore show just to hear how precise the bands play and how great the quality sounds.

BassNewbie
11-11-2008, 12:56 AM
forum trollz haah.

ya i think the guitarist always sounds aweful live

their all chill guys tho really, i think ceremony is the lesser of all the bands that sound like this

DewdPerson
12-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Ceremony are awsome. Violence Violence is just as good as Still Nothing Moves You. The bass intro for Dead Moon California gets me everytime on that album. Kersed and Throwing Bricks are probobly my favorite on Violence Violence.

Manos15
12-10-2008, 11:46 PM
BALLS ON MY BACK!

DewdPerson
12-10-2008, 11:50 PM
BALLS ON MY BACK!

PRESSURE'S ALWAYS ON!

saxaxe
12-11-2008, 12:06 AM
BALLS ON MY BACK!
:haha

nz_matt
12-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Well, it has a long history of being used as an insult to Christianity, and I don't think anyone would mistake your inverted cross shirt with a picture of Jesus burning alive or something as a Christian symbol. It gets the point across. Some would argue in an immature fashion, but w/e.

JxD
12-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Well, it has a long history of being used as an insult to Christianity, and I don't think anyone would mistake your inverted cross shirt with a picture of Jesus burning alive or something as a Christian symbol. It gets the point across. Some would argue in an immature fashion, but w/e.

Very true. My point was just that although it has a long history of being an insult to Christianity, its history as a Christian symbol stretches back further.

nz_matt
12-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Very true. My point was just that although it has a long history of being an insult to Christianity, its history as a Christian symbol stretches back further.
Which makes it all the more insulting.

lol

recklessnick
12-25-2008, 05:03 AM
i honestly think ceremony is extremly overrated. and to agree with one of the earlier posters, they do sound pretty sloppy live. but im not denying that they are good.

SadistNation
12-25-2008, 01:21 PM
i think they deserve all the hype they are getting, they put on great live shows, they make great music, that's that.

speedmetal777
01-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I think I like the Ceremony version of Pressures on more than Red C. The guy from Red C tends to sing in a false British accent, it's weird...

That's because he's Asian.

JxD
01-30-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't think I'm comprehending how having a false British accent and being Asian is related. What am I not understanding here?

ralph wiggum
01-31-2009, 08:26 AM
'm going to throw this ****ing
bottle as hard as I can hope it hits
you in the teeth make you learn
your lesson it's dog eat dog in a
place like this hard luck life sucks
so I use my fists

I got a chip
on my shoulder i'm on a losing
streak there's a cloud of contempt
hanging over me because it's dog
eat dog in a place like this every
man for himself so I use

throw this ****ing bottle as hard as I can
hope it hits you in the teeth make
you learn your lesson it's dog eat
dog in a place like this hard luck
life sucks so I use
so I use my fists

recklessnick
01-31-2009, 11:37 AM
**** Your Catchy One Liners, **** Your Dress To Impress!

Leonheart
01-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Loving the new album.

Also, anybody know the gear they use?

speedmetal777
02-01-2009, 06:21 AM
They both have accents, and they sound kind of the same. To me, anyways. Maybe I just should've noted that he's foreign in general. I will agree it sounds like he has a british accent though.

speedmetal777
02-01-2009, 06:22 AM
Loving the new album.

Also, anybody know the gear they use?

Both times I've seen them their guitarist had a strat, but i dont remember what amp he runs it through.