Throw bands at my face.

PDA

View Full Version : Throw bands at my face.

Phalanx541
11-05-2008, 02:22 AM
As a metal, or I guess now "metalcore" (give me a break), fan; I like many of my friends am running out of bands to listen to. More or less, I am disgusted at some of my old favorite's new material. As far as I am concerned, All That Remains and The Human Abstract's most recent works aren't worth the non-existent decibel level I play them at. I am a huge fan of stuff like Protest the Hero, Unearth, and Darkest Hour and I greatly enjoy others like Killswitch and old Trivium, so I was wondering if anyone knew about any bands that might appeal to my very specific taste. I am a guitarist, so I can not bear to listen to something that I could learn in 10 minutes. That being said, I do not care to hear ridiculously technical yet terrible on the ears death metal. Please help!! =P

Thank you.

chris_122
11-05-2008, 02:24 AM
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884370

qstionauthority
11-05-2008, 02:26 AM
dethklok

Rengori
11-05-2008, 02:28 AM
SikTh is a must for any metalcore fan. Ion Dissonance, What's He Building in There?, All Shall Perish, and the Dillinger Escape Plan are some other of my favorites, but I can find no reason not to like SikTh as they are just the most amazing metalcore band I've ever heard. Don't let Bland Street Bloom fool you.

king~olievo
11-05-2008, 02:33 AM
bjork just chill with that metal shit and relax

huevos
11-05-2008, 02:45 AM
It requires moar KEKAL! Not really core at all, but pretty shredtastic and eccentric.

Sikth is definitely worthwhile.
Try out Look What I Did, very strange stuff, mainly about burning down the Fed.
Botch, The Number 12 Looks Like You, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Rolo Tomassi, Into the Moat, Psyopus, DAUGHTERS!!! (oh yeah), and some Converge.

You can't go wrong with these bands.

mattvh93
11-05-2008, 02:54 AM
**** you all, listen to black flag

McFoss
11-05-2008, 03:15 AM
Listen to "Nuclear Rabbit". Trust me, it'll change your definition of music forever.

Psychedelico
11-05-2008, 10:39 AM
SikTh is a must for any metalcore fan. Ion Dissonance, What's He Building in There?, All Shall Perish, and the Dillinger Escape Plan are some other of my favorites, but I can find no reason not to like SikTh as they are just the most amazing metalcore band I've ever heard. Don't let Bland Street Bloom fool you.

Dude that's my favorite song by them! :mad: The rest of their stuff is also quite awesome as well though.

Sixp0under
11-05-2008, 12:30 PM
**** you all, listen to black flag
Why the hell was there any need to swear? You are acting as if your opinion is gospel.
An tbh, Black Flag = Medoicre at their very best.

Meatball200
11-05-2008, 12:56 PM
It requires moar KEKAL! Not really core at all, but pretty shredtastic and eccentric.

Sikth is definitely worthwhile.
Try out Look What I Did, very strange stuff, mainly about burning down the Fed.
Botch, The Number 12 Looks Like You, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Rolo Tomassi, Into the Moat, Psyopus, DAUGHTERS!!! (oh yeah), and some Converge.

You can't go wrong with these bands.

yeah good stuff here. Saw Daughters in Brighton, easily the funniest gig i've been to. Singer got hideously drunk, pulled his c*ck out threw up on stage then made out with a lad in the crowd. This was about half way through the set too :haha

Early Red Chord is well worth checking out too. Keep forgetting how good Fused together in revolving doors is.

also check out
The Arusha Accord
From a Second Story Window

XCount Me InX
11-05-2008, 01:02 PM
ill throw this at you

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884370

Necrophagist777
11-05-2008, 01:04 PM
A Plea for Purging
War of Ages
For Today
The Devil Wears Prada
The Famine

and -100 for calling death metal horrible on the ears.