11-11-2008, 07:32 PM
how do i make a tab? i havn't done it before

gogosega
11-11-2008, 07:46 PM
http://www.guitartabcreator.com/

If thats what you mean.

Gibson06
11-11-2008, 08:09 PM
I assume you know in depth how to read tabs, all you do is use this template (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/submit/guitar_tabs_template.txt).

SomeoneYouKnew
11-11-2008, 09:23 PM
a great article, written by the nicest UGer:

A Beginner's Guide To Making Tabs And Chords (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/the_guide_to/a_beginners_guide_to_making_tabs_and_chords.html)

enjoy

:cheers:

KJ_Malice
11-15-2008, 09:49 AM
ok, i made a tab on GP, but i cant upload it. how do i do that?

jimmy_neutron
11-15-2008, 12:40 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/submit/tabs.php

under type of tab, make sure you have guitar pro selected, and then its pretty straighforward:)

welcome to UG :)

KJ_Malice
11-15-2008, 10:46 PM
what about uploading it into one of the forum pages?

jimmy_neutron
11-16-2008, 06:27 AM
when you are starting a new thread, scroll down beyond the message box and there should be an option for uploading attachements

mcrgdbt
11-16-2008, 10:28 AM
how long does it usually take after you submit a tab to be posted?

SomeoneYouKnew
11-16-2008, 11:21 AM
a few days, usually. sometimes a week.

it has to be checked by the tab team.

KJ_Malice
11-16-2008, 12:23 PM
My file still wont upload. ok, here's my dilemma: I have a GP file that I want to post onto a forum page, but every time I click the "Upload" button I get a message saying that the file type is invalid. How do I convert the GP file to a type that the internet will allow, like .jpeg or something? Or should I try submitting it straight to the guitar tabs section of this site first?

jimmy_neutron
11-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Just out of interest, why do you want to post it onto the forum? Is it for others to use, because thats what the tab database is for.

I suggest you, check the database and see is there already a tab for the song you have tabbed, if not then upload it, If there is, and there is someone out there desperately looking for your version of the tab, then either email it to them as an attachment, or else load it to a site like www.rapidshare.com and send them the download link.

KJ_Malice
11-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Actually, it was me who had asked others on the forum for the tab because there wasnt one for that song in the DB. Once one of them had toyed around w/ the song 4 a few hours, they then uploaded it onto the forum for easy access by the rest of the forum users, especially me. once I got my hands on it, i made a bass tab 4 it, because the original tab's maker hadnt added it in. now that I have the tab pretty much as good as i can do, i wanted 2 share it w/ everyone else, see what they think or how they change it if they figure out a more accurate tab than mine.

jimmy_neutron
11-16-2008, 06:32 PM
ya add that to the tabdatabase i linked to you earlier!

SomeoneYouKnew
11-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Actually, it was me who had asked others on the forum for the tab because there wasnt one for that song in the DB. Once one of them had toyed around w/ the song 4 a few hours, they then uploaded it onto the forum for easy access by the rest of the forum users, especially me. once I got my hands on it, i made a bass tab 4 it, because the original tab's maker hadnt added it in. now that I have the tab pretty much as good as i can do, i wanted 2 share it w/ everyone else, see what they think or how they change it if they figure out a more accurate tab than mine.the file was compressed into a .zip file.

use a utlilty like pkzip, or whatever to compress yours into a zip file and the upload can be directly to a post.

shaygrover
11-19-2008, 06:46 PM
how do i post images without using attachment management or a web link?

jimmy_neutron
11-19-2008, 06:53 PM
it cant be done...

what sort of image do you plan on posting exactly?

shaygrover
11-19-2008, 06:59 PM
al i want to do is post a demote pic i made but it wont alow it and i dont know how to post other than attachments :confused: it will never let me post anything it always ends up being to big and when i make it smaller i grows in size of kb

shaygrover
11-19-2008, 07:00 PM
why doesnt my avatar show up when i post replys?

jimmy_neutron
11-19-2008, 07:02 PM
go to tinypic or photobucket, create an account, and upload there.

Then you have all sorts of options for resizing etc.

There are 4 differetn codes for sharing the picture. You want (what i think is the fourth one) with the [IMG] tags

jimmy_neutron
11-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Control Panel > Edit avatar.

At the top there shoudl be a picture displaying the image you have chosen as avatar. if there is make sure you havent checked the box next to it that says "do no use avatar"

if there is no image, then select the pic you want either online or from your own computer. Go to photobucket/tinypic again. upload the pic. resize it to avatar size(or 50x50 pixels) and then upload it to UG as your avatar

EDIT sorry for the double post