The Devil Wears Prada - Hey John what's your name again?

PDA

View Full Version : The Devil Wears Prada - Hey John what's your name again?

Supafly1824
11-12-2008, 03:14 AM
I recently got into hardcore/music like this, and it's my first go at it. Wasn't that hard for the most part but incredibly fun to play!

I really wanted to work on timing in this one, hopefully thats there. Just learned it today, did I do it at least a little bit of justice? :) And what should I work on other than the pinch harmonics (yea xD I really went wrong there).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwRB3Oa3Ui4

mdawg24
11-12-2008, 03:26 AM
Ehh, you got the basic idea, however it could be cleaned up a lot. Lots of extra noise from other strings, fingers moving across the strings, etc. I would know, because I have the same problem. I'm trying to say this without being a jerk... haha
:cheers:

Supafly1824
11-12-2008, 03:33 AM
Ehh, you got the basic idea, however it could be cleaned up a lot. Lots of extra noise from other strings, fingers moving across the strings, etc. I would know, because I have the same problem. I'm trying to say this without being a jerk... haha
:cheers:

Yay for not being a jerk! Haha all criticism is more than welcomed, as long as it's constructive :].

Though, what do you mean by fingers moving across the strings?

gtdude114
11-12-2008, 03:47 AM
What he means is to not actually slide your fingers across the strings when your hand moves. When you're distorted and overdriven like that, every little sound the string makes is picked up and amplified. Also, I would look over the tab a couple more times. I actually know the song so I was just looking how you were playing it. A few things:

Work on the pinch harmonics. I know it's harder than it sounds, but when you get 'em, the song sounds so much better.
Also, just listen to the song with the guitar unplugged and play. For me, it helps with the timing because I'm not concentrating on the tone of the guitar to emulate what TDWP sounds like.

Try that and see what you get.

BleedDeathMetal
11-14-2008, 06:25 PM
You need to get a better tab that one was pretty bad. Your rhythms especially on the breakdown are way off as well.