UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   y0 dawg, I herd u liek Diezel? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1084103)

Yngwi3 03-09-2009 03:03 PM

y0 dawg, I herd u liek Diezel?

So I thought I'd make the official Diezel Amplification thread *and yes, I just divided by 0 and merged two memes together.
The Official Thread of Diezel Amplification

The Diezel Mafia Group

To join just join the group and add "Member of the Diezel Mafia" to your signature - I'll add moderators at some point - I'll ask you if you'd fancy it first and take it from there :)

---------------------------------

Diezel's history (lifted from Diezel's website):
Quote:
* It started like so many other boutique companies: Peter Diezel, playing in one of Munich's rockbands in the 80s, wasn't too satisfied with his Marshalls, modded them and after a while more and more players contacted him to get his mods.

* At that time he was famous for tweaking amps on stage during gigs . . . But the limitations of the "Marshall-platform" were too frustrating not to try a new concept: midi-switchable, four channel amp. Luckily Peter D. met Peter Stapfer, a pro-musician with a strong sales/marketing background, who was ready to build up a company of its own:

Diezel Amplification

* The company was still located in Munich. Peter D. was manufacturing and Peter S. the head of sales. The first amp, which is still on the market (a bit tweaked over the decade) was launched in 1994 - the milestone VH4. Of course Munich's music scene was more than keen to get them. But the success was limited to germany and austria - and the legend says that one single VH4 made it to a studio in LA - the beginning of a new area for Diezel Amplification. More and more big acts (like Metallica, Guns & Roses) started to record with the VH4 and so the US fell in love with the Diezel trademark sound.

* Late in the 90s the music scene changed - hard/heavy rock was on its way down and the amp market was asking for a more modern concept. Peter D. then started to work on a new sonic monster, still with all the common Diezel-features like midi, switchable loops. He finished the prototypes in 2001 and got more than enthusiastic feedbacks from his customers during NAMM/Frankfurt Music Fairs.

* 2002 the new model called "Herbert" (named after Peter Diezel`s father) was introduced. The amp was more powerful than the VH4, with similar features, but an innovative new concept: a mid-cut section, which made "evil" sounds with the flick of a switch accessable in an amp, which could also do all the classical guitar amp sounds.

* In 2003 the lab/factory was moved from Munich to Bad Steben, located in the north-east of Bavaria and Peter's home town, where he is working and living now. The company still is based on a family & friends level.

Source: http://diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/history.8.0.html

Products:
Herbert,

VH4,

Einstein.

(Also see my profile or NAD Thread )

Products to keep an eye out for:
Schmidt: Introduced at NAMM '09: 30 Watt Class A with either 6550, KT88, EL34 or 6L6 valves. Alternatively: 15 Watt Class A with 6V6 valves,

Lucy: Diezel's first all valve bass amp - no info to be released as yet.

Yng's personal analysis on the Stein: "Sounds like a hot-rodded Marshall with a shit tonne of gain and low end. Love it"

There are currently just five retailers currently in the UK. These are:

London:
Diezel's home base in the UK (of course). Guy there is called James - excellent guy to talk to, really helpful and knowledgeable about any questions or issues you may have.

Oxford:
The Oxford Guitar Gallery limited
9 South Parade,
Summertown, Oxford OX2 7JL

Cornwall:
Modern Music
21 Kenwyn Street,
Truro, Cornwall TR1 3BU

Manchester:
Sounds Great Music
182 Wilmslow Road
Heald Green, Cheshire SK8 3BG

Glasgow:
Merchant City Music
7 Garth Street,
Glasgow G1 1UT

I've been chatting with James however, and he's told me that the UK's 6th retailer is to be opened in a fortnight in Colchester (Which is only about half an hour of where I live :D yay!)
The place is called 'The Bass Merchant' - It's currently just a bass guitar and gear shop, but the electric guitar section is to be opened and they're going to stock Diezel :)

The Bass Merchant
Unit D1 Colchester Seedbed Centre,
Wyncolls Road, Severalls Ind.Est,
Colchester, Essex CO4 9HT

Thread intended to talk about everything and anything Diezel. I'll start (if Randy is about) - Did you try or hear the Schmidt, if yes, what was it like?!? I'm really keen to hear this thing.

Useful links:
Diezel's official site: http://diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/
UK Diezel website: www.diezel.co.uk

:cheers:

Sad But False 03-09-2009 03:05 PM

lucky people thread.

wahahh

strat0blaster 03-09-2009 03:07 PM

I find it funny that the amps are made in Munich, but the group is called the 'mafia,' which is definitely Italian.

Capt_Clarkson 03-09-2009 03:08 PM

wait a minute where's X-to-the-Z Xzibit? thats the only reason I came to this damn thread :(

Yngwi3 03-09-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
I find it funny that the amps are made in Munich, but the group is called the 'mafia,' which is definitely Italian.

Yeah, the Mafia originated i believe in 19th Century Sicily but I thought I'd make it interesting as opposed to 'The Diezel Owners Group' or something boring - I doubt that everyone in the Laney cult has segregated themselves from all other forms of amplification :p:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Clarkson
wait a minute where's X-to-the-Z Xzibit? thats the only reason I came to this damn thread :(

You have to remember this isn't The Pit - There's a point to this thread :p:

strat0blaster 03-09-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yngwi3
Yeah, the Mafia originated i believe in 19th Century Sicily but I thought I'd make it interesting as opposed to 'The Diezel Owners Group' or something boring - I doubt that everyone in the Laney cult has segregated themselves from all other forms of amplification :p:

You have to remember this isn't The Pit - There's a point to this thread :p:

Well, perhaps they have segregated themselves from all amps but Laney.

Not bad amps, though.

Horlicks 03-09-2009 03:17 PM

This is a terribly thinly veiled excuse to show off your Diezel, don't lie.

MatrixClaw 03-09-2009 03:19 PM

I used to have an Einstein, can I joinz? :haha

gregs1020 03-09-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horlicks

Likely - but I applaud him for his delivery. Plus if there is no other "Everything Diezel" thread for it and the mods are okay with it, it's got a place. :cheers:

Yngwi3 03-09-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horlicks

Hah, no. Already done that and got the compliments for the purchase in my NAD thread - I just didn't see a Diezel thread or group, and I thought "Hell, Laney and Orange owners have one... Why not?

Go on then Matrix :p:

TheQuailman 03-09-2009 03:33 PM

I know that once you own a Diezel, you get attacked with a handgun. I think I'll pass. :o

/jk :p:

Lovely amps, really, though they aren't for me I figure. :haha I'm looking forward to trying the Schmidt though, might be the next amp on my GAS-list. I hope it's a little simpler than the other amps Diezel makes and that it'll be cheaper because of that.

Erock503 03-09-2009 03:39 PM

mmm Diezel :liplick:

MooshMooshMarc 03-09-2009 03:43 PM

I don't have a job, so i fukin haet deizel

bartdevil_metal 03-09-2009 04:07 PM

I heard about that bass merchant expanding in Severalls business park. Looking forward to trying some of these amps out.

MatrixClaw 03-09-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuailman
I know that once you own a Diezel, you get attacked with a handgun. I think I'll pass. :o

LOOOOOL

:haha

Erock503 03-09-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixClaw
LOOOOOL

:haha

:haha I can't believe I missed that!

Yngwi3 03-09-2009 04:25 PM

:haha Quailman

-Bartdevil, I never noticed you're from Colchester, I guess I'll see you in a few weeks :p:

bartdevil_metal 03-09-2009 04:28 PM

I look forward to it :cheers:

eggo_boi_15 03-09-2009 07:36 PM

I'm going to get a Diezel eventually

<_<

>_>

Say Ocean 03-09-2009 07:40 PM

This is UG, everyone has valvekings :o