UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Songwriting & Lyrics (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Feb 2009 WotM - Ottoavist (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1088826)

ZanasCross 03-17-2009 01:19 PM

Feb 2009 WotM - Ottoavist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoavist

Favourite Artists: Hurt, Tool, Chester French, Radiohead, Ween, & many more.

Most Inspirational Writer (Lyrically): Anyone who has the courage to express him or herself through a medium like writing. It takes balls to expose yourself.

Favourite poet/poem (published writer): Bukowski, Dickinson, King David.

If you could be any writer ever, who would you be: None other than yours' truly.

Why Do You Write: It expands new horizons on the quest for those precious moments of clarity. Also when someone finds a point of connection with you through only the things you write; they aren't aware of your past, who you are, or how you live your life - all that is known is what's on the paper, and to find relatability in that...is nothing short of beauty.

Favourite word(s): "Between." I don't know, for some reason I notice its significance everytime I feel it's appropriate to use while talking, or writing, or thinking, or whatever.

Favourite technique/style to write in: However it needs to happen, you can't contain certain things in a distinct style or technique all the time; you can really rob yourself of the end-product if you focus on these aspects of writing more than you do "what you're writing about in the first place."

Favourite Writer(s) on UG: phantom1, #1synth, culex-night, jiminizzle, circular.parade, we have sound, Carmel, THW, kdownes, Angrygoldfish, SYK(whenever he posts), vintage x metal, bleed away, freshtunes.

Most Helpful Critic: Lately Phoebus and Nilchii have been raping my stuff pretty good lol, so thank you guys. Also, freshtunes, DigUpHerBones, bah anyone who reads and has something to say; thank all you guys.

What do you do especially, to find inspiration: Hmm, I think it usually finds me, for some odd reason. I don't think I'd like writing nearly as much if I had to do some sort of soul-search or something like that each time I needed to find the words I want to say.

Your Most Recent Work and Reason Behind It: "just like every other night." Insecurity is man's most formidable adversary, imo.

Tips for Newer Writers: Just do what you do, and don't be afraid of exposure.

What’s your goal in writing: Not really sure yet....it'll probably come to me someday.

Final Comments or Thoughts: Again, I'd like to thank everyone who read my work this month, let alone comment. It really means alot.

Picture: Eh, maybe later.

:golfclap:

Ninjamonkey767 03-17-2009 01:25 PM

Gratz, you crazy bastard. I haven't been able to get to much of your work lately, but you have always been one of my favorites, if not my most favorite writer on s&l.

circular.parade 03-17-2009 01:28 PM

Well deserved in a tough match.

don't leave us now, I want to keep on reading you.

freshtunes 03-17-2009 03:17 PM

well deserved.

kdownes 03-17-2009 04:54 PM

In my opinion you are one of the top three writers on UG. You're pieces never fail to impress me. Congratz on a well-deserved win

Bleed Away 03-17-2009 05:11 PM

Congratulations. You are the best writer on UG. Period.

bassbeat77 03-17-2009 05:30 PM

Good stuff Kent.

Congrats.

vintage x metal 03-17-2009 05:32 PM

You're my favorite.

jiminizzle 03-17-2009 06:05 PM

:)

nice job. thanks for sharing you're personal stuff. You are a great guy.

mouthofsky 03-17-2009 06:13 PM

I respect you more than almost any other writer here
well deserved

culex-knight 03-17-2009 06:40 PM

Grats my good sir.

SilenceEvolves 03-17-2009 07:40 PM

congrats.

Guns N Russians 03-17-2009 09:02 PM

I havent been around at all but I'm not surprised.

Gratz. You da man.

:cheers:

ZanasCross 03-18-2009 12:36 AM

To break the trend, I hate you and all of your work is utter shit. ;)

Carmel 03-18-2009 10:03 AM

Congratulations.

skagitup 03-18-2009 01:56 PM

i used to be friends with this man

we have sound 03-18-2009 03:25 PM

me too

grats buddy

Billyjson 03-18-2009 04:50 PM

Why are you wasting your time with this small stuff. I said Writer of the Year, dammit.

SomeoneYouKnew 03-19-2009 01:59 AM

Well deserved, Kent. You're the most consistently enjoyable writer in S&L, imho.

kdownes 03-19-2009 03:39 AM

i want picture to frame and put on small shrine:(