Banned threads and a list of good ones!
Here is a list of threads which are forbidden here.
The primary goals of this list are to keep GG&A uncluttered and to make things as efficient as possible for those looking for help.
The following threads are not to be posted:
Advertising or Promotion Threads
Do not advertise. You will be banned. Since there has been some confusion about what advertising entails, here are a few examples of advertising:
"Listen to my clips" Threads
We're sure you're very proud of your new song - go ahead and post it in the Recordings section. Got a sound clip showing off your new gear? Post it in the Ultimate Gear Demo thread. Please don't post threads just to get people to listen to your clips, though. Same goes for Youtube videos. There are places to show off your playing but this isn't one of them.
Everyone's rig is different; everyone's ear is different. Settings that work for you do not work for the next person. Therefore, settings threads are not allowed as they are not productive. If you really think you need settings, use the Settings Thread
Pitting gear against other gear is not allowed. That's not to say you can't ask, "which of these two wah pedals will work best for my styles?" Rather, do not post a thread asking "which of these two wah pedals is better," since that doesn't help anyone and only leads to arguments.
Side note: "Artist A" vs. "Artist B" threads will be closed and the user banned outright.
Essentially the same as the Vs. thread; "best" is an adjective which simply can't be applied to gear. It's all subjective. Again, asking what would work best for you within your budget for your styles of music is definitely an acceptable thread.
"What strings/picks does everyone use?"
We're all sick of these threads by now. If you're really interested, use the search bar to find a few dozen old versions of these threads.
Off topic threads:
Don't. These include:
Finally, here is a list of threads which have been made for information about specific gear. Please don't make duplicates of these. If you have a new one to add to the list please PM them to Roc8995 and they will be added to the list.
(Many thanks to Jaekae for compiling this list)
- B-52 ownerz thread
The Blackheart thread
- Blackstar HT-5 Owners Thread
-Bugera Users Militia (for all things Bugera)
- The Bogner Club
- How about a V-series thread?
- y0 dawg, I herd u liek Diezel?
- The ENGL amp owners thread
- Egnater Ecstasis: The Official Egnater Thread V2
Epiphone Valve Junior
- All about the EVJ
- The Fender amp thread
Hughes & Kettner
- The Hughes & Kettner Thread
- For you who leik laney's
- Jet City Amps Thread
-Gabe's Marshall thread
- You got the call?
-Orange amp owners, UNITE!
- The Rivera thread
-The Ultimate Roland Cube Thread
- the only thread for splawn amplification
-The ONLY Traynor thread
- The thread of the mysterious brotherhood of Vox
Metal amps thread
- The Only Gear for Metal Thread!!
- Discuss everything vintage & reissue
Rack amps thread
- The Great Big Rack Amp Thread!
Fancy amp thread
- Boutique amps
Small, cheap tube amps
- ..info thread
- Gear for Post-Rock
Pedals, effects, etc.
- If the ordinary ain't good enough
- The Delay Thread 2.0
- Discussion about the DigiTech line of pedals
- Discussion about all the EHX pedals
- Teh Uber-Kvlt OFFICIAL FUZZ THREAD!
- The MXR lounge
- The Only Joyo Pedal Thread
OD / DIST / BOOST
- The ultimate od/dist and boost thread
- The pedalboard thread
- The pickup thread
- Got any questions about speakers?
- Talk about the effects made by Visual sound
- Wah wah thread
The Amp Guts Thread
- Pictures of the inner workings of amps.
The DSP Thread
- Information and discussion of Digital Signal Processors.
The Speaker Thread
- Lots of information on speakers from MrCarrot
The Tubes Thread
- Everything you ever wanted to know about tubes
- The Ultimate Manufacturer List
- Find out what your favorite artists use
- Talk about your rig
- Show off yoh rig
- If you are in the mood to judge someones gear
- Get some opinions on your tone
- Some good info on recording
The Ultimate Settings Thread
- A good resource for settings. Refer to this thread rather than making settings threads.
Bubb Tubbs' Guide to Attenuation
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Attenuators
The Ultimate Gear Demo Thread
- A place for posting and finding demo clips of specific gear, curated by the illustrious 311ZOSOJHVH.
Guitars ( Note: this take you to the Electric guitar part of the forums )
- All about Agile
- Discuss the Dean guitars
- Talk about the swedish Hagstrom guitars here
- The thread for the Jackson players
- Anyone out there?
-Ultimate Schecter thread
- For you who like to play with one more string
- Questions & Answers
- Semi hollow/hollow thread
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 PM.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.