UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Official UG Widgets Suggestions Thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158071)

matter 07-07-2009 08:18 AM

Official UG Widgets Suggestions Thread

As you most probably noticed already*, we have launched an absolutely brand new feature on the main page of Ultimate Guitar. It's called Widgets, and we hope that you'll love it as much as we do.

In short - this is a set of customizable widgets that you can rearrange within the special area on the home page. Some of them have been created to make your life on UG easier, some of them - just for fun, but our team worked equally hard on each and every widget to bring you the most enjoyable experience.

Discover them one by one, check out the settings and don't forget that there are hints and tips all over the place. Enjoy!

* The Widgets are available only to the logged in users!

PLEASE NOTE: this is the official thread for all your feedback / suggestions, do not use it for reporting bugs!

THIS IS the official BUGS report thread.

PiCSeL Edit:
Now you're allowed to move the widgets panel up and down within the page (e.g. so it can be placed between a panel with Music Reviews, Music News, Interviews and a panel with Columns, Community, Tabs). You are not able to move around the News block, for example, but you get a possibility to lower your widgets on the main page with ease.

Also "Recomended Tabs", the most popular widget, now have a "dislike" button, alowing you to mark tabs or bands that you don't want to appear in the widget.

DeaThrash 07-07-2009 08:25 AM

i like it =)
Great job ^^

Ur all $h1t 07-07-2009 08:41 AM

I'm really liking the Community pulse one. :D

StewieSwan 07-07-2009 08:48 AM

a UG IM widget would be pretty cool I think. The others look great. I'm digging the Community Updates one.

Also, for the Community Pulse one, the graph is cool, but what do the numbers mean? How did you determine the scoring for that one?

MH400 07-07-2009 09:12 AM

Criminal status widget = Very good idea.

Logz 07-07-2009 09:14 AM

haha, a criminial status widget. Maybe that will stop them asking about ban lengths in the FOTB :p:

bendystraw 07-07-2009 09:21 AM

What does the criminal status one read on a permaban? Sweet idea, I'm using the profile one now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
Also, for the Community Pulse one, the graph is cool, but what do the numbers mean? How did you determine the scoring for that one?

This I would also like to know, I'm fairly certain that I didn't make 120 forum posts last friday.

soulflyV 07-07-2009 09:22 AM

Interesting... I'm not exactly sure how to work it though. Do you click on the widgets to activate them or something? I can drag them but they don't move anywhere.

Using Firefox/3.0.5 on Vista Home Basic.

EDIT: Where is the widget panel? If it's the space the appears when you click the green arrow, where do you drag the widgets into?

EDITx2: Ok, I cleared my cache and the widget bar popped up. Very cool. With the Criminal status one, how do you see if you have a warning and/or ban?

zappp 07-07-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulflyV
EDITx2: Ok, I cleared my cache and the widget bar popped up. Very cool. With the Criminal status one, how do you see if you have a warning and/or ban?

You will definitely see once you have a warning or ban :D

ctb 07-07-2009 09:36 AM

Awesome!
Great job. :)

AdamDK 07-07-2009 09:39 AM

Great job Russians. Got you some vodka for your work

soulflyV 07-07-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappp
You will definitely see once you have a warning or ban :D

Haha, ok. Hopefully I won't have to experience it. :p:

.starrk 07-07-2009 10:11 AM

Looks great. Thanks ;)

aig91 07-07-2009 11:08 AM

Awesome! Great job guys. I love it!

Ovenman 07-07-2009 11:10 AM

It's brilliant - possibly useless, but brilliant. It brings me great pleasure to see a business go out of their way to improve the site in a way that probably would bring no extra money.

Also, the '+' button is a little ugly. I can't suggest any improvements, but it's just a thought.

itchy guitar 07-07-2009 11:22 AM

Mine says I'm a hooligan. Does that mean that I'm being watched? Do you guys have a gestapo or something?

Oh I get it, it's because I still have 17 days left on my warning.
Thanks a lot colohue. :p:

RG5EX1 07-07-2009 11:31 AM

I'm liking it so far. I need to explore all of it, but so far it is an upgrade.

Thanks UG Team.

emad 07-07-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovenman
It's brilliant - possibly useless, but brilliant. It brings me great pleasure to see a business go out of their way to improve the site in a way that probably would bring no extra money.

Also, the '+' button is a little ugly. I can't suggest any improvements, but it's just a thought.

Agreed,

How about this?

Ovenman 07-07-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emad
Agreed,

How about this?

That would be a lot better. How about a more 'UGish' colour scheme?

Toast1337 07-07-2009 11:56 AM

nice work
what about:
favourite band tabs ? :/