UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Official Drug Thread v6.0 (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175234)

divid3d 08-03-2009 06:06 AM

Official Drug Thread v6.0

Official Drug Thread v6.0!

All questions and comments about particular drugs, their effects, drug paraphernalia and related topics are to be confined to this thread only. All other threads about drug use will be closed.

Please read the information on the following website before posting:
www.erowid.org

The One And Only Drug Group can be found here:
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/drugs/

- Posts in this thread are made at your own risk - if you wish to protect your identity we recommend using 'SWIM' (Someone Who Isn't Me) instead of 'I' in your posts.

- Lastly, flaming and excessive spam will not be tolerated. If you're against drugs, you may discuss your opinions in a mature way with the members of this thread, but if you're here just to bash drugs and drug users, don't bother, your opinion isn't welcome.

Have fun, guys :rasta:

divid3d 08-03-2009 06:06 AM

Detection Periods:

The following chart from LabCorp gives approximate detection periods for each substance by test type. The ranges depend on amount and frequency of use, metabolic rate, body mass, age, overall health, and urine pH. For ease of use, the detection times of metabolites have been incorporated into each parent drug. For example, heroin and cocaine can only be detected for a few hours after use, but their metabolites can be detected for several days in urine. In this type of situation, we will report the (longer) detection times of the metabolites.

NOTE 1: Oral fluid or saliva testing results for the most part mimic that of blood. The only exceptions are THC and benzodiazepines. Oral fluid will likely detect THC from ingestion up to a maximum period of 1824 hours. Low saliva:plasma ratio continues to cause difficulty in oral fluid detection of benzodiazepines.

NOTE 2: Urine cannot detect current drug use. It takes approximately 68 hours or more post-consumption for drug to be metabolized and excreted in urine. Similarly, hair requires two weeks, and sweat, seven days.

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_test

Info on Datura and other Anti-cholinergics

Anti-Cholinergics

Part 1 - What is an anti-cholinergic?
An anti-cholinergic drug is a drug that inhibits the neurotransmitter acetylcholine inside your brain. Basically, it attaches to where acetylcholine usually attaches to, and keeps acetylcholine from attaching to it. The receptor that it attaches to is the muscanaric receptor found mostly in the autonomic nervous system of your brain. In a sense, these drugs temporarily impair your autonomic nervous system.

Part 2 - What contains these anti-cholinergics?
Anti-Cholinergic effects are shared by many drugs.

The most notorious of these is the plant Datura (nightshade, jimson weed, devils thorns, hells trumpet, etc.). Datura contains two active chemicals in it, atropine and scopalamine. The problem with Datura is, the amount of the active ingredients in any part of the plant is unpredictable. Two neighboring plants may have a different concentration of those two ingredients in their leaves, making any attempts at guessing a dose unpredictable and often times fatal.

A very common drug that has anti-cholinergic effects is Diphenhydramine, the main ingredient in drugs ranging from benadryl, to Unisom, to Dramamine (in the form of Dimenhydrinate, which is 1 part Diphenhydramine and 1 part crystal salt filler). As doses of Diphenhydramine can be predicted, it is a much more stable drug to experiment with although it's not very recommended.

Part 3 - Dosage
The general dosage of anti-cholinergics seems to vary on an individual level, and even on a setting level. A common dose would be from 250mg of Diphenhydramine to 400mg. A strong dose would be 400mg to 600mg. Over 600mg is a very heavy dose, which should only be attempted by the experienced with a capable trip sitter.

Part 4 - Delirium?
The difference between a hallucinogen and a deliriant is that a deliriant puts the user into a state of delirium. A person on a hallucinogenic drug will be able to recognize that they are under the influence, and will be able to distinguish hallucinations from reality. A state of delirium is completely different though. Haunted by hallucinations that take on such a complex appearance that the hallucination will be accepted as reality. As you can see this could be very dangerous, as the person usually loses all short term memory and can start harming themselves or others due to their state.

Part 5 - The experience
The experience is described as positive by very few people, especially in high doses. The experiences tend to be overall depressing, exhausting, and often times leave a hangover that lasts a day to a few, and their has been research that has pointed out that anti-cholinergic abuse may lead to HPPD. After ingestion of the dose, the effects will usually come on within an hour, depending on the metabolism of the individual user, as well as what they had eaten and how recently. The first effects will be a relaxation of muscles to the point that they are very difficult to move, and feel heavy. Normally wet spots like your mouth and nose all dry out, which causes you to feel heavily dehydrated, but water just flows right through the body, not quenching the thirst. Communication becomes incredibly difficult, and audible hallucinations start kicking in, short bursts of voices exploding in your head, getting harder and harder to distinguish from reality. Then visual hallucinations start. By this point the user will be incredibly tired, a side effect of the first generation anti-histamines like benadryl used to trip. The visual hallucinations progress from shaking objects to full on hallucinations, indistinguishable from reality. Spiders, insects, old friends, cigarettes, just a few of the very common hallucinations that occur. Then depending on the dose, it could possibly get to the point where you can't tell if your eyes are open or closed because both worlds are so real.

Part 6 - Dangers
An overdose is incredibly dangerous. The autonomic nervous system controls many necessary body functions such as heart beat, and if it is impaired enough the heart will stop. Acetylcholine is also the neurotransmitter that causes muscles to tighten, and if it is fully suppressed than all the muscles in the body will stop working, including the heart and diaphragm. Another very real danger is that of HPPD. Some people get "flashbacks" weeks after use, some people may even acquire them permanently. The flashbacks caused by diphenhydramine seem to be "static" that covers the field of view of the sufferer, as well as objects that may start shaking at random, lines that may bend or curve, lightening like flashes on objects, as well as some others. While most of these cease after a few days off of the drug, prolonged exposure can cause these effects to stay around longer.

Part 7 - Example experience
This is an experience SWIM is going to share about taking a large dose, 600mg, of diphenhydramine at a friend's party. SWIM took the dose at about 12 am, the start of the party. SWIM noticed his muscles starting to weaken, and it was getting harder and harder to respond to people when talked to. SWIM found that all he wanted to do was sit on a couch and relax. SWIM then went outside for a cigarette, and found that he was getting more and more tired every moment. SWIM decided to go upstairs and lie down by himself in a room. SWIM listened to music for a while, and then noticed that he couldn't tell if his eyes were open anymore. SWIM could not tell the difference between the real world and the world that existed when he closed his eyes. For SWIM, time and location lost all meaning, he was everywhere and nowhere. SWIM finally fell asleep from exhaustion about 2 hours after ingesting the pills. SWIM woke up at 3 in the morning with the urge to urinate, and started feeling around trying to get up. SWIM had forgotten that he was under the effects of drugs, as all the effects had seemed to have worn off. SWIM pushed his hand against the bed to try to get up, only to be alarmed by a moan. SWIM had been using a friend's face to push against. SWIM's friend was not happy and expressed this through her moans, so SWIM apologized and started walking down the stairs. This is where SWIM's story gets shaky, as part of it is the account of others, as all of SWIM's actions seemed normal to him. SWIM had been walking down the stairs for over 5 minutes, because he saw the stairs as a continuous staircase. He got down to the bottom and basically walked in place. From swim's recollection, he decided that the stairs down there led to the basement, turned, and walked into the ******* as if nothing was wrong. In SWIM's recollection, he opened the front door for no apparent reason, saw a bright jungle, but spiders and other insects everywhere and decided that it wasn't a good day to go outside. SWIM's friends recalled that he had not actually opened the front door at that moment, but rather stared at it for a few seconds. SWIM walked to the bathroom, and saw that it was busy. SWIM noticed that the friend whom he had woken up with upstairs earlier was now downstairs watching her friend who was puking in the bathroom. Both friends had actually been standing on the stairs watching SWIM as he conversed with imaginary people outside of the empty bathroom. SWIM was told by his hallucinations that the bathroom would be in use for a while, so SWIM went back to the front door. SWIM opened the door, and completely forgetting about the past experience, noticed it was completely normal for 3 am. He made his way down to the nearest tree and unzipped. As he was urinating, he noticed that his best friend was sitting cross legged next to him, just staring at his crotch. SWIM panicked, as this was possibly the most awkward moment of SWIM's life. That's when SWIM noticed that everyone who was at the part was sitting cross legged around him, staring at his crotch. SWIM continued urinating, and then noticed he was urinating straight onto a kid he had never seen before. SWIM continued urinating, as he did not know what else to do. As SWIM finished up, he decided to walk up to the kid he urinated on and apologize, but the kid turned into a rock. SWIM realized he was tripping and went upstairs to sleep.

CoreysMonster 08-03-2009 06:07 AM

I've really wanted to do shrooms for a while however I'm really worried about side effects/bad trips. does the amount of shrooms you take influence what kind of trip you have? like are you more likely to have a bad trip on a lower dosage than a higher one, for instance?

ep1kz 08-03-2009 06:08 AM

gettin some shrooms soon, never tried anything but weed, what dose should i be looking at?

my friend suggested 1g of dried shrooms, is this good?

Kensai 08-03-2009 06:09 AM

I wish I could afford weed :(

Obtaining it is easy enough. Last time I was on the tram some guy offered to sell me some. I guess I look like that kind of guy.

MH400 08-03-2009 06:09 AM

Yay new thread

CoreysMonster 08-03-2009 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai

Obtaining it is easy enough. Last time I was on the tram some guy offered to sell me some. I guess I look like that kind of guy.

why cant you afford weed? dont have 10 bucks to spare?

StewieSwan 08-03-2009 06:09 AM

I've never really understood why calling someone an uneducated asshole is bannable, but discussing how to get a hold of meth is A-okay.

DieGarbageMan 08-03-2009 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai

story of my Friday nights

Kensai 08-03-2009 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster

Yes :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieGarbageMan
story of my Friday nights

Same here :haha

divid3d 08-03-2009 06:12 AM

Quote:
I've really wanted to do shrooms for a while however I'm really worried about side effects/bad trips. does the amount of shrooms you take influence what kind of trip you have? like are you more likely to have a bad trip on a lower dosage than a higher one, for instance?

the chance of having a bad trip is very low if you think about set and setting. make sure you're in a comfortable environment with people you trust, and that you don't have anything important to do for the rest of the day like seeing family etc, so you have nothing to worry about.

i recommend starting with a small dose so you can get a taste for what is happening and get used to the effects. it's very easy to eat some more if you want stronger effects, but there's nothing you can do if you've had a large amount and it's too intense for you. so yeah, have a small amount and see how it goes, and then have some more if you want to.

try not to worry, chances are that everything will be fine. if you make sure the people you are with will get you medical attention if required, then you should have nothing to worry about.

MH400 08-03-2009 06:13 AM

divid3d is a shroom user? :O

Hammerzeit 08-03-2009 06:13 AM

Quote:

Some of us can't because our employer hasn't paid us yet. (HINT HINT if you're reading this)

sucks.

Also first page.

oxymorcide 08-03-2009 06:13 AM

hey hey hey...
new thread...whooohooo
man, can anyone describe to me what meth does, what it feels like etc.
i read some experiences on erowid.org
but they werent very clear....all confusing and contradicting each other..
also, whats a good dose for a first timer?

CoreysMonster 08-03-2009 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH400

divid3d is awesome, that's what she is :D

thanks brah.

divid3d 08-03-2009 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH400

not anymore, they disagree with me. i've done a lot of things haha, you'd be surprised.

divid3d 08-03-2009 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymorcide
hey hey hey...
new thread...whooohooo
man, can anyone describe to me what meth does, what it feels like etc.
i read some experiences on erowid.org
but they werent very clear....all confusing and contradicting each other..
also, whats a good dose for a first timer?

it's like speed but a whole lot better haha. extreme alertness, fast-paced thinking, heart racing. even after you're not feeling particularly buzzy anymore, when you go to lie down and try to sleep, your heart will be pounding and your mind will be racing. no sleep for you! :haha:

what do you mean dose? put a little crystal in a pipe and smoke it, and see how it effects you. if you want more then have some more (within reason of course, you've gotta know when it's time to stop and get some sleep/food haha) :p:

~Mr Brownstone~ 08-03-2009 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divid3d
the chance of having a bad trip is very low if you think about set and setting. make sure you're in a comfortable environment with people you trust, and that you don't have anything important to do for the rest of the day like seeing family etc, so you have nothing to worry about.

i recommend starting with a small dose so you can get a taste for what is happening and get used to the effects. it's very easy to eat some more if you want stronger effects, but there's nothing you can do if you've had a large amount and it's too intense for you. so yeah, have a small amount and see how it goes, and then have some more if you want to.

try not to worry, chances are that everything will be fine. if you make sure the people you are with will get you medical attention if required, then you should have nothing to worry about.

Maybe its different for each user, but the first time I had shrooms, i took 2 smallish ones and had them in my room and I had an incredibly bad, intense trip. I guess being with friends would help and yeah start off having a small amount. If you do have a bad trip, it will be intense and you'll freak out, but it will pass after a couple of hours. But haha, i guess try not to have a bad trip in the first place.

alex-led-zepp91 08-03-2009 06:23 AM

Hey a new thread :D

oxymorcide 08-03-2009 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divid3d
it's like speed but a whole lot better haha. extreme alertness, fast-paced thinking, heart racing. even after you're not feeling particularly buzzy anymore, when you go to lie down and try to sleep, your heart will be pounding and your mind will be racing. no sleep for you! :haha:

what do you mean dose? put a little crystal in a pipe and smoke it, and see how it effects you. if you want more then have some more (within reason of course, you've gotta know when it's time to stop and get some sleep/food haha) :p:

ok thanks a lot...
so, it will help me in times when i have no time and need to do lots of work...
you see, the dose is a problem, as even when smoking weed, it takes a good ten minutes for effects to happen.
that is what i'm worrying about, as i hear meth can **** you up pretty bad...
so, a chrystal, i shall see...
my dealer is a little...strange, as in he doesnt like me much, so he might tell me something outrageous like a huge chrystal that is intended to kill me..
oh god, i think nothing i said above made any sense...i am sorry.