UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Elder Scrolls Thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1204688)

Dannystrumpop 09-22-2009 07:29 PM

The Elder Scrolls Thread
 
Hello all,

Now I know what you're thinking, gaming thread, well I asked Frenchy who gave me the answer of "No. If it's popular enough to remain on the front page it probably deserves a thread of its own. If it drops into obscurity then :shrug:" as I pointed out that there's more to TES than just the games. There's the books and all the lore involved too. I know there are dedicated sites and forums, but they just aren't the pit!

This can now be the place to talk about all things Elder Scrolls, whether it's Morrowind, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Oblivion, the future or it or any of it's past, races, places....you get the idea!

Syndromity 09-22-2009 07:31 PM

Hey guess what, Gaming Thread.

cho0onger 09-22-2009 07:32 PM

There was a huge elderscrolls thread that got closed. Damn Final Fantasy Thread.

Dannystrumpop 09-22-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndromity
Hey guess what, Gaming Thread.


I know, but Frenchy did give permission babe.

Syndromity 09-22-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannystrumpop
I know, but Frenchy did give permission babe.

I'm just saying this topic would probably do better there then as it's own thread.

Guitar_Dan_666 09-22-2009 07:34 PM

Morrowind GOTY is epic.
Solstheim in particular.

Also, I hope the rumours are true about ES:V in Skyrim.

Dannystrumpop 09-22-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar_Dan_666
Morrowind GOTY is epic.
Solstheim in particular.

Also, I hope the rumours are true about ES:V in Skyrim.


I heard that too. Some people say it's going to be in black marsh but I can't see that working with all the lore since they say only Argonians could ever survive in most of it. I remember hearing that they're already planning the one after that to be the entirity of the continent.

Guitar_Dan_666 09-22-2009 07:40 PM

If they did Morrowind mixed with the Oblivion combat system and graphics in Skyrim, I will be very happy.

Entirety you say? :wtf:

Dannystrumpop 09-22-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar_Dan_666
If they did Morrowind mixed with the Oblivion combat system and graphics in Skyrim, I will be very happy.

Entirety you say? :wtf:


If you can find it still, you can get Morroblivion which somebody created. They basically rebuilt Morrowind using the TES construction set for Oblivion. Only for the PC though I think.

SoWrongItsMatt 09-22-2009 07:47 PM

Books? What?! DO WANT.

Guitar_Dan_666 09-22-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannystrumpop
If you can find it still, you can get Morroblivion which somebody created. They basically rebuilt Morrowind using the TES construction set for Oblivion. Only for the PC though I think.


Yeah, I need to get round to getting Oblivion again. I only have Morrowind at the moment. Also, I do play it on PC. :)

Bestykid 09-22-2009 07:53 PM

Great games, hopefully if Sivering Isles is anything to go by ES V should be ace, i'm hoping skyrim(Though include drunkeness, I refuse to be a Nord without it!) or Summerset isle.

Dannystrumpop 09-22-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWrongItsMatt
Books? What?! DO WANT.


Not just books my friend, NOVELS!

I couldn't afford one at the time so I just got the pocket guide to the Empire and a gold coin. Sad? Yes, and it wrecked my wallet over time.

blizzboy 09-22-2009 08:03 PM

I wish my computer could handle Oblivion... :shrug:

Gonff 09-22-2009 08:06 PM

Nord = win

Guitar_Dan_666 09-22-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonff
Nord = win


I second this.

heavyairship 09-22-2009 08:13 PM

ive got a question about oblivion: how do you kill the ghosts that are just black outlines? ive tried enchanted weapons and silver weapons but it doesnt seem to have any effect.

xxunder-takerxx 09-22-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyairship
ive got a question about oblivion: how do you kill the ghosts that are just black outlines? ive tried enchanted weapons and silver weapons but it doesnt seem to have any effect.


u need to have insane element effects (although i think they might be cold immune). if that doesnt work, use something with life drain. silence helps ALOT too. and slow/freeze spells.

i really wana know who had the job of writing all those in game books that most never get read.....ever.

i hope V is a nice mix of oblivion and morrowind. morrowind was way too slow moving and kinda dry and dark. oblivion was too easy because it too a lot of complexity out of the game and the quick travel, although useful, kinda made the game move too fast.

best. games. ever.

heavyairship 09-22-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxunder-takerxx
u need to have insane element effects (although i think they might be cold immune). if that doesnt work, use something with life drain. silence helps ALOT too. and slow/freeze spells.

i really wana know who had the job of writing all those in game books that most never get read.....ever.

i hope V is a nice mix of oblivion and morrowind. morrowind was way too slow moving and kinda dry and dark. oblivion was too easy because it too a lot of complexity out of the game and the quick travel, although useful, kinda made the game move too fast.

best. games. ever.


the ones ive tried silence on have resisted it and i usually get killed before i can get too many shots of magic at them. but at least i know im dont just suck at killing them, i need to improve my element effects.

but yeah, best games ever

xxunder-takerxx 09-22-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyairship
the ones ive tried silence on have resisted it and i usually get killed before i can get too many shots of magic at them. but at least i know im dont just suck at killing them, i need to improve my element effects.

but yeah, best games ever


they are the worst along with will-o-wisps. especially if ur a melee character. get a weapon with crazy life drain (get a good soul gem, or join the black brotherhood, their initiation weapon has life drain, and depending what level u are, it can get good), or start over and do those quests at a lower level, those ghosts only appear when u get so high.

also, find out what kind of spell they shoot that really messes u up, and get a resistance armor/buff for it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.