UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cover Songs (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   New Rule: READ THIS TODAY! (or I might close your thread!) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217739)

jof1029 10-18-2009 08:17 PM

New Rule: READ THIS TODAY! (or I might close your thread!)

We are going to be trying a new rule for titling your threads. This was a suggestion in the site feedback forum, basicly it involves you giving some info on your cover. If the cover is only you or your band playing, you need to let us know that. Some ways to do this would be indicating "Band Cover" or "No Backing Track" or just "No BT" in your title. Putting it in your first post is acceptable, but the title is preferable. The other option is if you are using a backing track or playalong of some sort, and this includes playing along with the original recording. You cannot post playing with the original recording on your UG profile because you cannot post copyrighted material on your profile. Some ways to indicate this would be "Playing with song," "Playalong," "With Backing Track," or "With BT." Once again, putting in the title is prefered.

The idea is to give potential listeners an idea of what they are getting in to. This will help you get more listens from people who are interested in your song.

So try it today!

gallagher2006 10-22-2009 08:13 AM

Good idea

Blade of Fire 01-30-2010 07:25 PM

Question. I have a video of me playing the Four Horsemen by Metallica. I'm playing it agaist the record, and I wanted to know if I can still post it for some feedback even tho I'm playing with the original version and not the backing track.

TearMeDown 03-29-2010 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade of Fire
Question. I have a video of me playing the Four Horsemen by Metallica. I'm playing it agaist the record, and I wanted to know if I can still post it for some feedback even tho I'm playing with the original version and not the backing track.

if its a video its fine, they're only talking about posting copyrighted material on your UG profile. its youtubes problem not theirs XD

xexe2428 02-09-2011 06:20 PM

I made a cover song for Introducing Me by Nick Jonas. its pretty funny actually((:

caw1 04-11-2011 05:17 PM

Can I post a poll for which song I will cover next?

LowBstring 04-11-2011 05:20 PM

i have only one post up,and is a song for guitar only so it needs no backing track, is it cool if i leave the name as it is?of course i will remember the rule for future post..

LowBstring 04-11-2011 05:54 PM

Hummh question...how do i change the name of my post?

jof1029 04-11-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caw1
Can I post a poll for which song I will cover next?

i would prefer you did not, but if you edit the post to include the cover within a reasonable ammount of time, i probably wont get too upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBstring
Hummh question...how do i change the name of my post?
you cant.

that said, its not like we actively look to close people's threads for bad titles. its more of a highly recommended suggestion than a strict rule.

caw1 04-12-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jof1029
i would prefer you did not, but if you edit the post to include the cover within a reasonable ammount of time, i probably wont get too upset.

In my mind I thought that 24 hours (with 12 hours being the limit on voting) to complete. I was even thinking of preshooting three videos/songs prior to the vote but then the vote would be pointless.

MLazyscientist 12-26-2011 06:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/user/MLazyscientist

Metalcore Hd Covers ( Pod X3 Live And M-audio Profire-610 ! Check This Out Please ! Share and Suscribe If You Liked

Playing with song !

panhead201 03-30-2012 10:56 PM

posting what may be the stupidest question ever. what about posting an obvious copy?Mustang Sally,Wilson Pickett.And also posting your own copywritten stuff?Where would you post both/either? panhead201

panhead201 03-30-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jof1029
We are going to be trying a new rule for titling your threads. This was a suggestion in the site feedback forum, basicly it involves you giving some info on your cover. If the cover is only you or your band playing, you need to let us know that. Some ways to do this would be indicating "Band Cover" or "No Backing Track" or just "No BT" in your title. Putting it in your first post is acceptable, but the title is preferable. The other option is if you are using a backing track or playalong of some sort, and this includes playing along with the original recording. You cannot post playing with the original recording on your UG profile because you cannot post copyrighted material on your profile. Some ways to indicate this would be "Playing with song," "Playalong," "With Backing Track," or "With BT." Once again, putting in the title is prefered.

The idea is to give potential listeners an idea of what they are getting in to. This will help you get more listens from people who are interested in your song.

So try it today!

Hi,I'm assuming your the moderator of this thread and I just posted an incredibly stupid question,but I am serious.panhead201

L2112Lif 03-31-2012 12:20 AM

? If you're posting an original recording, it goes into the original recordings section. If you're posting a cover, it goes into the covers subforum. If you're posting copyrighted music you have no rights to (READ: Music you didn't perform), then you'll probably be banned.

panhead201 03-31-2012 01:32 AM

I did all the tracks on all the recordings,except female backup,I did all the tracks on my own c-righted stuff,just don't wanna confuse anything and give anybody the wrong imp/Some kid asked me for blues improv help.he kinda surprised me when he asked me what songs to play.I'll figure it out,thanks for the advice.panhead201

panhead201 03-31-2012 02:48 PM

Thanks for the info,its a big help.panhead201

seanjtysoe 05-24-2013 01:41 PM

I have a youtube chanel where I am now doing covers. am I allowed to post a link to it here? I play along with the actual recordings so would that be considered copyright enfringement?

OtherGuy 07-02-2013 03:56 PM

How kindly does UG take to electronic remixes? Am I allowed to post them here?