UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Community Archives (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   The ONLY Film Thread. (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1221893)

RhAndroid 10-27-2009 10:29 AM

The ONLY Film Thread.

Due to the recent clutter of threads on individual films, I've took it upon myself to create...

The ONLY Film Thread

Rules:

1. Stay on the subject of film as a whole.

2. Respect everyone's opinions.

3. Mark SPOILERS where appropriate.

and basically, just all the standard UG rules you are expected to stand by.

Yeah, so, go forth Pit and talk about the beautiful media that is 'film'.

WhiskeyFace 10-27-2009 10:31 AM

Has anyone seen Eraserhead?

Been wanting to see it for years

Kensai 10-27-2009 10:32 AM

Anyone seen Tigerland? I thought it was really good last time I saw it but no one else has seen it. Will probably rewatch it later tonight.

rushpython 10-27-2009 10:33 AM

no
i think the bill murry movies are the BEST!
(groundhog day, caddyshack, ghost busters, etc.)

WhiskeyFace 10-27-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
Anyone seen Tigerland? I thought it was really good last time I saw it but no one else has seen it. Will probably rewatch it later tonight.

I've seen it :) its good

Karvid 10-27-2009 10:35 AM

Memento is where it's at, bro.

WhiskeyFace 10-27-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvid
Memento is where it's at, bro.

+1

will123456789 10-27-2009 10:40 AM

I think my favourite films off of the top of my head are Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile and Trainspotting

all awesome, and love them all.. I'm going to watch "seven" tonight with Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt, should be awesome.

and I think I'm going to make an order of DVDs over play.com (yes, I can watch them online, but usually they are terrible quality and take ages to buffer.. easier just watching it on a DVD player.)

WhiskeyFace 10-27-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will123456789
I think my favourite films off of the top of my head are Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile and Trainspotting

all awesome, and love them all.. I'm going to watch "seven" tonight with Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt, should be awesome.

and I think I'm going to make an order of DVDs over play.com (yes, I can watch them online, but usually they are terrible quality and take ages to buffer.. easier just watching it on a DVD player.)

I saw seven the other day, you'll enjoy it :)

CoreysMonster 10-27-2009 10:46 AM

I dieslike the idea of no more individual film threads :(

but a film GOSSIP thread is a great idea.

I personally didn't like the ending of seven. kinda anti-climactic if you ask me :shrug:

WhiskeyFace 10-27-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster

I personally didn't like the ending of seven. kinda anti-climactic if you ask me :shrug:

Considering i was expecting another crazy twist, I was glad to see and ending that wasn't a twist but still clever, and it followed the rule of: Kevin Spacey is always a genius :p:

Karvid 10-27-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyFace
I saw seven the other day, you'll enjoy it :)

I never thought it's really a movie you can "enjoy." It's far too disturbing for that. That being said, it is one of my favorite movies; the whole ending (which I won't spoil) and the way everything was wrapped up was great.

Absinthe750mL 10-27-2009 12:35 PM

gummo is the most mind****ing movie ive ever seen

WaitWhat? 10-27-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushpython
no
i think the bill murry movies are the BEST!
(groundhog day, caddyshack, ghost busters, etc.)

He's awesome in Zombieland even though he's only in it for about ten minutes. Overall though my favourite movies with Bill Murray are Groundhog Day, Lost in Translation and Ghost Busters. I was actually surprised how much I enjoyed Lost in Translation to be honest... it was quite a nice surprise though.

WhiskeyFace 10-27-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:
I never thought it's really a movie you can "enjoy." It's far too disturbing for that. That being said, it is one of my favorite movies; the whole ending (which I won't spoil) and the way everything was wrapped up was great.

That's why i enjoyed it :)

lolmnt 10-27-2009 12:48 PM

There's been about 50 "Only Movie Threads."

But yeah, everyone of you should watch Chinatown. Best movie ever made.

Karvid 10-27-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
There's been about 50 "Only Movie Threads."

But yeah, everyone of you should watch Chinatown. Best movie ever made.

I watched it a few months ago, and I finished watching it with mixed opinions. Of course, the creepy relationships in the movie did explain exactly why Polanski is where he is today.

ctfod 10-27-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster

I liked it, I was just disappointed they ended it so soon after the climax, and didn't leave any room for a denoument.

lolmnt 10-27-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:
I watched it a few months ago, and I finished watching it with mixed opinions. Of course, the creepy relationships in the movie did explain exactly why Polanski is where he is today.
What didn't you like about it?

Just curious.

WaitWhat? 10-27-2009 12:59 PM

For anyone interested: The Definitive Must See movies list thread.