UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Only Digital Art/Photoshop Thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1293985)

RockGuitar92 03-28-2010 10:56 PM

The Only Digital Art/Photoshop Thread

I got the idea from looking at the photography thread and viewing deviantART. This thread is just for posting any kind of photo manipulation, vectors, abstracts, or etc... that you have done. This isn't for your photography unless it's heavily edited.

EDIT: It doesn't necessarily mean you had to of used Photoshop on what you made in order to post it.

**NO HUGE IMAGES**

Anyway here are a few of the things that I have done (they are all photo restoration/colorizing of black and white photos):

Dirge Humani 03-28-2010 11:01 PM

I have one piece I quite like on my school's servers...I'll try to remember to upload it tomorrow.

scrambler_66 03-28-2010 11:04 PM

This is one of my favorite creations:

metaldud536 03-28-2010 11:09 PM

Coloring B&W

Changing hues...

Frost

Reflection

An ad with simple blending

RockGuitar92 03-28-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldud536
*pics*

Nice coloring. Any tips? It looks really clean.

metaldud536 03-28-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
Nice coloring. Any tips? It looks really clean.

How do you do it?

I usually make selections, make layers out those selections, make the brush around 70% opacity and make sure the layer has the color property on it enabled instead of having the brush set to "Color"

Dirge Humani 03-28-2010 11:15 PM

The trumpet lady's eyes are creepy...they irises are almost invisible...it just looks like all sclera.

metaldud536 03-28-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Humani
The trumpet lady's eyes are creepy...they irises are almost invisible...it just looks like all sclera.

Yea she was a little creepy to work with. Oh! I Forgot this:

Ninja Vampirate 03-28-2010 11:20 PM

I used to make stuff on photoshop all the time... I haven't been doing it properly for about a year though. Anyway, here's a Hendrix desktop I made a couple of months ago.

JustRooster 03-28-2010 11:20 PM

I'm VERY sure this is already a thread.

RockGuitar92 03-28-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldud536
How do you do it?

I usually make selections, make layers out those selections, make the brush around 70% opacity and make sure the layer has the color property on it enabled instead of having the brush set to "Color"

Na, I know how to do it. I was just saying yours look almost like actual color photos. Then again I just did one with a newer and high quality black and white photo and it looks real. Meh...lol I guess the older pics just have weird quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster456
I'm VERY sure this is already a thread.

I asked daytripper if I could make this.

Capua47 03-28-2010 11:37 PM

lol @ huge pics.

itchy guitar 03-28-2010 11:46 PM

Oh my gosh, I was born for this thread.

Inspired after reading The Bet. he is physically locked in his cell, but in his mind, the walls fade away into a perfect dream-like scene. A sort of mental heaven that embodies the idea of freedom.

This one was actually in Illustrator, not Photoshop. I love the monotonous feel. It adds to the vibe.

A first person view of me failing math class.

An entry for the photoshop contest here a couple months ago. The theme was Modding Nature. I really love the colors on this one.

I just really love Bob Marley. (I forgot his facial hair and have been too lazy to put it in.)

By the way, anyone seriously interested in Digital Art NEEDS to invest in a Wacom tablet. Its the best $300 you will ever spend.

sneyob 03-28-2010 11:57 PM

http://andrew7x.deviantart.com/art/...ombie-141904478
^ Pic by a friend of mine.

Just posted the link because it's not my work.

entity0009 03-28-2010 11:57 PM

Thank you TS, I've always wanted a digital art thread. I'll probably be posting in here quite a bit :)

itchy guitar 03-28-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by entity0009
Thank you TS, I've always wanted a digital art thread. I'll probably be posting in here quite a bit :)

Maybe with a legit thread we can get a good contest going, unlike the gigantic failure that was the last one. Apparently I won, but I didn't even have a submission for the last round. :haha:

entity0009 03-29-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy guitar
Maybe with a legit thread we can get a good contest going, unlike the gigantic failure that was the last one. Apparently I won, but I didn't even have a submission for the last round. :haha:

:haha::haha:

I tried to get a group going, but it died a miserable and lonely death.

RockGuitar92 03-29-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Plus, we can probably help each other become better at using photoshop/illustrator/flash/etc... and inspire each other.

itchy guitar 03-29-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
Plus, we can probably help each other become better at using photoshop/illustrator/flash/etc... and inspire each other.

I'm more than up for helping anyone that wants to improve their technique. (Even though mine isn't really the best either. lol.) I really want to see this thread take off.

RockGuitar92 03-29-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:
I'm more than up for helping anyone that wants to improve their technique. (Even though mine isn't really the best either. lol.) I really want to see this thread take off.

Yeah, I'll probably make something at least once a week or so which can help bump the thread. I'd say tell some people who like this stuff about this thread and tell them to post something every once in awhile. lol