UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   NEW STUFF DAY! lots of pr0n (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381695)

ibanezguitars44 11-16-2010 10:36 PM

NEW STUFF DAY! lots of pr0n

ok so ive gotten a lot of new stuff in the past few months and im finally making a thread about it haha. pcitures and video below. enjoy.

LTD H-307

i really love this guitar. im upgrading from a schecter omen 7 and wow this thing blows the schecter away. it feels great to play and has become my main guitar. i know everyone hates emg hz pickups, but for stock pickups they sound fine. definitely wouldnt buy these to upgrade a guitar, but they work for now. also, the finish on this guitar is beautiful. i picked this up used for 450. ive seen them go from 400-700 online so i think i got a pretty good deal.

ok so here we have a 4 space rack with a furman power conditioner, t.c. electronics g major 2, and behringer fcb1010.

this rack replaced my pedalboard, and i love it. the effects on the g major sound great for my needs and the ability to switch channels on my amp along with the presets makes my life very easy haha. for example, in one of my band's songs, i start the song with my clean channel, a reverse delay, some reverb, and a slight detune effect. then i switch to my distorion channel, no effects, but a little low end boost in my eq. then later in the song i switch to a preset with my distortion channel, some delay, a light reverb, and a slight mid boost. each setting just takes one button press. with my pedalboard i would have to hit my delay, reverb, and footswitch, then change the setting on my delay for the ending part haha. i just like simplicity, and this rack gives me that.

the behringer foot controller works really well for me. it seems solid and im sure itll last me a while. i can have 10 presets per bank, which is nice because i can have my 10 favorite presets all in one bank to recall quickly. the 2 expression pedals are cool because i can have one always set for volume, and the other can control whatever. the only downside to this setup is i cant run the way and compression through the front of the amp. i dont use either much, though, so it's ok :D

anyway, here are a couple youtube videos of my dicking around with some effects. if you are interested in an amp demo, i may put one up tomorrow, but for now the first section of each video will have to do haha

note: my bassist's giant homemade cab in the background IS cool. thanks :cool:

note 2: both videos were recorded with a sony bloggie touch hd. it's a pretty cool camera if anyone is looking for a simple camera with decent quality.

oh, and just because.

i freakin love choco tacos.

Ippon 11-16-2010 10:41 PM

Congrats! Awesome guitar! I have the exact model and color + the dark green one. I love the higher fret access, when needed. :)

:cheers:

mcraddict81592 11-16-2010 10:41 PM

I lol'd at the rack.

HNGD. :cheers:

ibanezguitars44 11-16-2010 10:43 PM

oh i know! that's why i cinluded a pciture of the back of the neck. it feels like my hand is just going to smack into the bridge when i slide up hahaha.

oh, and thanks. i hoped i could ruin a few peoples' days :p

ChucklesMginty 11-16-2010 10:46 PM

Sounds fantastic dude, happy new stuff day. :cheers:

AcousticMirror 11-16-2010 10:46 PM

where's the mesa.

ibanezguitars44 11-16-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticMirror
where's the mesa.

i sold it so i could buy the ltd and a classical guitar. guess i could have included the classical in here too. oh well lol. it's a takamine c132s from 1977 :D :D :D

GibsonMan321 11-16-2010 10:49 PM

I was wondering if there was a way to do all the effects/channel switching in one... I might have to look into this and sell all my pedals lol! except my wah. that stays.

justinb904 11-16-2010 10:49 PM

that guitar looks awesome
HNSD! :cheers:

ibanezguitars44 11-16-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonMan321
I was wondering if there was a way to do all the effects/channel switching in one... I might have to look into this and sell all my pedals lol! except my wah. that stays.

yeah it's great. and it's neater ahha. no cables everywhere. definitely keep the wah though if you use it...at all. haha

nutinpwnsgibson 11-16-2010 10:53 PM

that XXX sounds killer, i have around 600 bucks in my amp fund now, im hoping that one will show up in the used store

311ZOSOVHJH 11-16-2010 11:09 PM

Happy New Gear Day and tnx for doing clipzorz :cheers:

ibanezguitars44 11-16-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutinpwnsgibson
that XXX sounds killer, i have around 600 bucks in my amp fund now, im hoping that one will show up in the used store

i think youll love it. i noticed the periphery link. you can definitely get some djenty sounds on the low B with this amp :D also, the d-sonic sounds great through it. i have one in my ibanez

nutinpwnsgibson 11-17-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InanezGuitars44
i think youll love it. i noticed the periphery link. you can definitely get some djenty sounds on the low B with this amp :D also, the d-sonic sounds great through it. i have one in my ibanez

thanks man. now that i have over 500 bucks, i was thinking about getting the 6505/5150, which is less hard to find, but since i play a more progressive style, and am starting to learn jazz, and therefore need more clarity than "balls", i think the xxx would fit me better. plus not everyone under the sun has the xxx

FrustratedRocka 11-17-2010 07:09 PM

HNSD! Giving me serious GAS!

EDIT: How do you have it wired? And hypothetically, would it be able to switch channels on an amp that required a midi footswitch?

nutinpwnsgibson 11-17-2010 07:18 PM

by the way, just out of curiosity, how does using the g major to control amp channels work? does the g major have an input that you plug the amp's footswitch jack out into or something?

FrustratedRocka 11-17-2010 07:31 PM

Oh, by the way - if you want jazz, stay well away from the XXX. Very bright, and from what I hear, a bit too hot for jazz.

EDIT: Also, how are your stompboxes wired into that?

SwampAshSpecial 11-17-2010 07:33 PM

sweet guitar dude!! Play some deftones on that mo****a! :cheers:

stratman_13 11-17-2010 08:08 PM

Hot. Choco Tacos are the godamned shit.

Fo' real.

eyebanez333 11-17-2010 09:32 PM

I have almost the exact setup...except my Gmajor is the original :haha

HNSD! :cheers: