UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bass Archives (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   The Bass Forum Plan V3 (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1394303)

skater dan0 12-24-2010 07:53 PM

The Bass Forum Plan V3

Welcome to the third installment of the Bass Forum's planning thread. This thread is the heart of the Bass Forum community where all the regular users meet up to discuss the general happenings of the world.

For those who are new to this prestigious community here are the first two threads.

Bass Forum Plan 1
Bass Forum Plan 2

The rules of the Bass Forum are in the announcement at the top of the forum and are also linked here.

As many of you are aware the community runs several series of threads titled:

"BOTM" (Bass Of The Month)
A "BOTM" thread is a thread in which a forum user writes a review of one of their own basses including pictures, videos, sound clips or any interesting trivia of that specific bass.

"BPOTM" (Bass Player Of The Month)
In this series a user writes a bio of a bass player of their choice, including things such as life history, playing technique, gear used. Also include pics and/or videos.

"UROTM" (User Rig Of The Month)
A "UROTM" thread differs from "BOTM" because in this series a user profiles their entire bass playing setup including basses, amps and effects. The user should provide an insight into why they use the equipment that they are profiling. Once again including pictures, videos and sound clips is preferred.

Anyone wishing to volunteer themselves for any of these threads should post in this thread stating the type of thread, the subject of the thread and a month when we should expect it to be posted. We would prefer these threads to be posted at the beginning of the month as opposed to the end of the month. Once posted the thread will be stickied by a forum moderator and at the end of the month will be sent to the forum archives.

Any and all users are welcome to join in the discussions in this thread. It is not in any way some elitist club for regular forum users. This cannot be stressed enough.

skater dan0 12-24-2010 07:54 PM

Thread Sign up Sheet

BOTM (Bass Of The Month)

February - consecutive e
April - LeNewfieBassist

BPOTM (Bass Player Of The Month)

January - ScottB - Paul Simonon
May - Felkara - Greg MacPherson
June - Narcotics - Arif Mirabdolbaghi

UROTM (User Rig Of The Month)

March - fatgoogle
July - smb
September - consecutive e
December - anarkee

skater dan0 12-24-2010 07:55 PM

Merry Christmas Bass Forum I present to you a new forum plan thread. Post away.

fatgoogle 12-24-2010 07:57 PM

Woops, though i was about to get banned. But cool stuff. Put me down for a UROTM in feb march ill get back to you in the next few days about which month exactly.

Cb4rabid 12-24-2010 08:16 PM

Why a new one though?

Oh well, WOOOO first page :D

UtBDan 12-24-2010 08:33 PM

god the first stage of this plan is so old. God it's been so long here.

I'm old.

the_perdestrian 12-24-2010 09:23 PM

I don't like change. it is scary and empty here.

jazz_rock_feel 12-24-2010 10:28 PM

First page w00t!

Geez, I'm only two months shy of having been around for the first one's posting. I'm like the elves in LotR: young in the first age, heyday in the second age, and the third age will be my decline. Of course, that assumes that I'm important enough for the fourth age to be marked by my leaving :p:

Bass First 12-24-2010 10:42 PM

Merry christmas all!

the_perdestrian 12-24-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_rock_feel
First page w00t!

Geez, I'm only two months shy of having been around for the first one's posting. I'm like the elves in LotR: young in the first age, heyday in the second age, and the third age will be my decline. Of course, that assumes that I'm important enough for the fourth age to be marked by my leaving :p:

it will be.

it needs to be christmas already. its only 7:44Pm here on the west coast.

anarkee 12-25-2010 12:11 AM

Merry Christmas and happy new forum thread. In a random act, here's my cat being Domo.

NatePlaysBass 12-25-2010 01:21 AM

Wootness! Merry Christmas.

Cb4rabid 12-25-2010 01:28 AM

Merry xmas errrbody!

slaptasticdave 12-25-2010 03:11 AM

Merry Christmas!!!

the_perdestrian 12-25-2010 04:19 AM

merry x mas

FatalGear41 12-25-2010 04:34 AM

Merry Christmas to all!

Spaz91 12-25-2010 04:52 AM

Merry Presents!

ScottB. 12-25-2010 05:08 AM

Merry Christmas all! :D

Dan put me down for a BPotM, I'll take January hopefully get the ball rolling

smb 12-25-2010 05:14 AM

Merry Christmas Dan and everyone else

consecutive e 12-25-2010 05:15 AM

Merry presents and drinking day everybody. Though I haven't had anything to drink this Christmas myself.