UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Songwriting & Lyrics (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sticky Tissues - WotM December 2010 (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1407513)

AngryGoldfish 01-31-2011 06:48 PM

Sticky Tissues - WotM December 2010

Quote:

(just fyi: doane is a quaker name [pioneers/settlers] that only gets passed down once in a family and is given at birth- they often are drinkers, tall and have big toes. I'm the only drinker in my family, I'm the tallest and have big toes. wierd, huh?)

Favourite Artists: Esao Andrews (painter), E.E. Cummings, Charles Bukowski, Walt Whitman, Emily Dickinson, Leonard Cohen

Most Inspirational Writer: (in the least assertive way possible) myself- there is nothing more inspiring than a fledgling idea that forms itself into a poem or a story.

Favourite poet/poem (published writer): Bluebird by Charles Bukowski. This poem really changed everything I thought poetry was or had to be.

If you could be any writer ever, who would you be: Whitman, just because of the time period and the atmosphere; I would've loved to be in the printing business and he really lived through a lot.

If you could be any flavour, which would you be: blackberry.

Why Do You Write: kinetics.

Favourite word(s): lascivious, iridescent, superfluous, surreptitious.

Favourite Writer(s) on UG: bleed away, subway to venus, hendrix fan 14

Most Helpful Critic: ganoosh.

What Do You Do Especially, to Find Inspiration: I make sure not to look for it. it'll find me when it comes time.

Your Most Recent Work and the Reason Behind It: stretching serpentine- this piece was inspired by sex. the whole idea of sex as being detached from love has been floating around in my mind lately, and I'm obsessed with viper metaphors, so I found it really fit. it was also very much inspired by Something_Vague's piece about the spiders- its kind of an alien concept to someone who considers himself a relationship guy, and so I'm kindof exploring the idea through an experience I had not too long ago with a certain female. whittled into one idea, its essentially people as snakes shedding their skins, biting each other to drain their fluids and swallowing each other whole, creating this unending circle of head and tail.

Tips for Newer Writers: don't write like someone else- if they want to read whitman or dickinson, they'll go read whitman or dickinson. write what's in you, and only if you need to. if you feel that pull, write. and write often.

What’s your goal in writing: to accurately express myself- to attain freedom in this way. and to achieve greatness.

Final Comments or Thoughts: I so very much appreciate this, I love you all and can't thank you enough for the inclusion and warm sense of community this place exudes. I don't know if I deserved this, but I am grateful regardless.

Picture:

Yehaaa!

Bleed Away 01-31-2011 07:21 PM

Most deseverd WotM in a very long time. Keep up the good work (and thanks for the mention lol.)

SubwayToVenus 01-31-2011 07:26 PM

congratu-fuckin-lations. this was supposed to be mine...dick

of course i kid. well done sir. a long time coming in my opinion. thanks for the shout out too

Ganoosh 01-31-2011 07:30 PM

:golfclap:

halo43 01-31-2011 07:53 PM

Much deserved. Congrats :cheers:

hippieboy444 01-31-2011 08:19 PM

there it is!
cheers

vintage x metal 01-31-2011 08:29 PM

grats :)

Hendrix_fan_14 01-31-2011 08:56 PM

yeah boy! About time you got it, well done :)

Sticky Tissues 02-01-2011 01:29 AM

thank you alllllllll. I appreciate this immensely.

spike_8bkp 02-01-2011 04:15 AM

you've improved leagues since I first noticed you started posting, which wasn't terribly long ago, if I remember right. good job :golfclap:

NGD1313 02-01-2011 12:33 PM

it's a wonder it took this long for you to win this. congratulations.

Sticky Tissues 02-05-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGD1313
it's a wonder it took this long for you to win this. congratulations.

I know. He's quite a sexy man.

VerniciousKinif 02-09-2011 12:21 AM

kinetics. yes.

ZanasCross 02-09-2011 09:03 AM

:golfclap:

cubs 02-14-2011 01:20 PM

finally you won this, congratulations :)

cubs 02-15-2011 02:04 PM

et bump for justice!