UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Parks And Recreation (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1407628)

The Madcap 02-01-2011 12:26 AM

Parks And Recreation

Anybody watch Parks And Recreation on NBC here?

It's not very popular (compared to the other shows on at that time), but imo it's the best comedy on TV, not including cable shows (like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia which is also great). I didn't care for Amy Poehler until watching this show. I personally think it's even funnier than the Office, as The Office tries to make the viewer cringe all that time which gets annoying. I like The Office, but it's gotten sillier and a lot less subtle in humor over the years. Parks And Recreation and The Office have the same creator by the way.

Also, Parks And Recreation gave us this little gem a couple weeks ago.

Discuss.

trueamerican 02-01-2011 12:28 AM

I don't watch the show, but The League is the funniest show on TV.

Primus2112 02-01-2011 12:31 AM

That picture is my wallpaper :haha

Fearless(Times) 02-01-2011 12:33 AM

I've watched it a couple of times but I don't know the times it comes on so I never get to see it when I'd like. But from the episodes I've seen it's deinitely hilarious as all hell.

GodofCheesecake 02-01-2011 12:33 AM

I can't stand Amy Poehler so I guess I'm already biased against it.

IzRG350 02-01-2011 12:34 AM

I loooooooove parks and rec. Season 3 has been awesome so far.

Fearless(Times) 02-01-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofCheesecake
I can't stand Amy Poehler so I guess I'm already biased against it.

You should watch it one day it's a good show. Even if you don't like Amy Poehler.

Tojo62 02-01-2011 12:35 AM

The Office (seasons 1-5) is a lot funnier in my opinion.

BrokenDstring 02-01-2011 12:37 AM

I love NBC Thursday, period. Plus Rashida Jones and Aubrey Plaza make me feel warm and fuzzy in all the happy places.

GodofCheesecake 02-01-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless(Times)
You should watch it one day it's a good show. Even if you don't like Amy Poehler.

No, I have. Wasn't into it. And even setting aside my hatred for Amy Poehler, her character is such a blatant rip-off of Michael Scott. "Oh hey, I'm an obnoxious, socially awkward, incompetent person who has somehow gotten into a position of moderate power." It's ridiculous. I know they have the same creator but come on.

EDIT: Now Community, on the other hand, definitely rivals the Office in my opinion.

jwizzle5786 02-01-2011 12:39 AM

I stopped watching because it was a total Office rip-off, but I heard it got better and have enjoyed it very much. Also, that chart is gold. Plus, it's between The Office and 30 Rock, so why would you not watch it?

The Madcap 02-01-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:
No, I have. Wasn't into it. And even setting aside my hatred for Amy Poehler, her character is such a blatant rip-off of Michael Scott. "Oh hey, I'm an obnoxious, socially awkward, incompetent person who has somehow gotten into a position of moderate power." It's ridiculous. I know they have the same creator but come on.

EDIT: Now Community, on the other hand, definitely rivals the Office in my opinion.
At first it seems that way, but the big difference is that Amy Poehler is actually very smart and hardworking. Michael is stupid and not good at his job. And Community is just too smug about itself.

L.A.P.D. 02-01-2011 12:45 AM

I can't stand any of the shows mentioned in this thread >_>

:(

Alexishxc1337 02-01-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenDstring
I love NBC Thursday, period. Plus Rashida Jones and Aubrey Plaza make me feel warm and fuzzy in all the happy places.

THIS, SO MUCH.

I've had both of them as my avatar since I started watching it.

as for the NBC Thursday block, I love Community (probably because I'm at a community college myself), I loved the first few seasons of The Office but it's clearly declined, love Parks and Rec, 30 Rock is somewhere between like and love for me, I don't like Outsourced, and that new Perfect Couples show is really bad.

jwizzle5786 02-01-2011 12:46 AM

Yeah, I don't get Community. Granted, I've only watched a few episodes, but I don't get the hubub it receives here.

Perfect Couples isn't great, and Outsourced is just stupid racism. Not funny at all.

mental_cookie 02-01-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

:five:

Can't say I care much for P&R, my friend lives it and has shown me a bit of it, but it wasn't my kind of humour.

The Madcap 02-01-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwizzle5786
Yeah, I don't get Community. Granted, I've only watched a few episodes, but I don't get the hubub it receives here.

Perfect Couples isn't great, and Outsourced is just stupid racism. Not funny at all.
I HATE OUTSOURCED. I've seen probably 5 episodes, and 90% of the jokes rely on middle eastern stereotypes about how they're prudish and don't get our culture.

BrokenDstring 02-01-2011 12:54 AM

Outsourced is funny.

uhh_me? 02-01-2011 12:55 AM

first season was mostly pretty bad. the second season was great.

this season is shaping up to be pretty great, too. i mean, how can a show with Adam Scott go wrong?

lushacrous 02-01-2011 01:04 AM

It definitely takes a while to sink in, but once you come to accept it, it becomes the greatest show ever.

EDIT: Best moment ever- "What's it like driving a motorcycle like that?" "It's just like driving half a car."