UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The COOKING Thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1416418)

rockingamer2 02-27-2011 01:01 AM

The COOKING Thread

Due to some lurking in the You Laugh, You Lose thread, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread specifically about cooking.

Post recipes, advice, shortcuts and all the like. Discuss dishes and cooks and other delicious stuff.

To start things off, here are two links:

Chocolate Muffin Recipe

A bird in a bird in a bird in a bird in a bird in a pig.

poopsmith666 02-27-2011 01:03 AM

^i think there's actually a recipe thread, but its grossly underused.

this may be different though.

i dunno

why am i even here, i dont know how to cook :haha:

rockingamer2 02-27-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsmith666
^i think there's actually a recipe thread, but its grossly underused.

this may be different though.

i dunno

why am i even here, i dont know how to cook :haha:

I searched "Cooking" and came up with nothing.

I don't know how to cook either. I've made those muffins, but that's about it.

rgrockr 02-27-2011 01:11 AM

I tried making these yesterday, but I couldn't get the dough to stick together and they just ended up as little bowls with pie filling. What do you think is a good way to make the dough sticky again after I add the filling?

-xCaMRocKx- 02-27-2011 01:14 AM

I hope this thread is successful, I love cooking. :)

Amuro Jay 02-27-2011 01:19 AM

I went out and bought rice noodles today to make pho.

But I don't know how to make pho.

Someone please teach me.

biga29 02-27-2011 01:29 AM

Made these yesterday. Was good.

ICOG 02-27-2011 01:29 AM

Mmm, I like cooking, I shall hang around this thread.
The last thing I cooked was vegetarian lasagna with home made pasta :) very nice.

Steel8909 02-27-2011 01:36 AM

Chili:

Throw some meat, peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, jalapeņo, and whatever veggies you have in the mix. Cook on low for a few hours, done.

Sizzleby 02-27-2011 01:45 AM

The most complicated thing I cook is Kraft Dinner. I'm staying clear of this thread :haha:

rgrockr 02-27-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzleby
The most complicated thing I cook is Kraft Dinner. I'm staying clear of this thread :haha:

If you buy premade dough and pie filling, the stuff I mentioned earlier is actually easier than that.

CodeMonk 02-27-2011 01:48 AM

You guy should check out some of Linda McCartneys cookbooks.
Yeah, its all vegetarian stuff, but alot of it is really good. Especially the Spinach Pie.

ICOG 02-27-2011 01:53 AM

Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food is a great cookbook for beginners. It covers a lot of basic recipes and explains things fairly clearly and simply. It's layout is a little annoying but it covers a wide variety of food.

That_Hot_Guy 02-27-2011 01:56 AM

Might as well be called "The Women thread"

ESPLTDV401DX 02-27-2011 02:13 AM

I LOVE cooking haha. I'm the only vegetarian in my family so my parents said if I want to eat vegetarian then I have to cook it myself. Has anyone ever tried grilled watermelon?

ICOG 02-27-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPLTDV401DX
I LOVE cooking haha. I'm the only vegetarian in my family so my parents said if I want to eat vegetarian then I have to cook it myself. Has anyone ever tried grilled watermelon?

I'm not sure if its the same thing, but I've had a watermelon curry where the watermelon is cooked a little. I didn't cook it though.

oneblackened 02-27-2011 02:20 AM

So I'm likely to be making pizza dough tomorrow. I've gotten really fed up with how completely shit the store-bought frozen dough is, so I decided to make my own. I also make mac and cheese from a bechamel, which is basically the epitome of mouthgasm. I improvise every time, it's never exactly the same. Though, I have a tip: if you want it really creamy but you don't want to use whole milk/cream, use 3 parts evaporated skim milk to approximately one part skim/1% milk. A little bit oddly colored, but if you use enough orange cheese (ie orange cheddar or w/e) you won't notice.

On another note, southern-style biscuits are a bitch and a half to make. One has to handle the dough VERY very carefully or they won't rise.

Carswell98 02-27-2011 02:22 AM

last thing I cooked was my version of an eggs benedict, I substitute flax toast for the english muffin and back bacon for the ham, it's probably the greatest meal on planet earth

cornmancer 03-14-2011 07:56 PM

I was making apple pie just now and remembered we had this, so I thought I'd give it a bump.

If you're making apple pie, lightly coat the crust with milk before you put it in the oven. Makes it better. Trust me.

due 07 03-14-2011 07:58 PM

I failed my cooking class.