UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   UG Plus (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453313)

davrockist 06-20-2011 08:52 AM

UG Plus

So I'm guessing most people have seen the ads for this by now

Has anyone got this? What do people think and would they reccomend it?

If you don't know what it is look at the UG home page

basically a new subscription service on the site which gives you a bunch of extra features

Basti95 06-20-2011 08:58 AM

I try to avoid new things, they're all shiny and obnoxious

metacarpi 06-20-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti95
I try to avoid new things, they're all shiny and obnoxious

+1

I fear change.

Spartan101400 06-20-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UG Plus
I fear people with ad blockers.

heehee

Shukman_Jr 06-20-2011 09:16 AM

Very few people will upgrade a free service. Since we have all come so used to what we have, and already have access to the extra features through other sources, I think UG plus won't be that successful.

Ur all $h1t 06-20-2011 09:18 AM

Since I've used UG for a long time if UG+ were available in Ireland I'd probably subscribe, if only to support a site that gives me a lot of use for very little.
For the same reason I keep AdBlock turned off on the site, as it seems a little wrong to me to use a website on a regular basis and then refuse to allow them to get any income (although I have recently turned Adblock back on for UG as they've started having incredibly loud and obtrusive ads on the forums).

sglover34479 06-20-2011 09:19 AM

I have ad block, guitar pro, and access to guitarbackingtrack.com
Why would I pay for any of that when it's already mine for free?

JDawg 06-20-2011 09:40 AM

UG capitalizing on poor struggling musicians... Che would have a fit.

Ur all $h1t 06-20-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglover34479
I have ad block, guitar pro, and access to guitarbackingtrack.com
Why would I pay for any of that when it's already mine for free?

Possibly to support a site that you use on a regular basis. How do you expect UG to support itself?

One of the few other community based sites I use, (reddit.com) brought out a subscription service a while back that offered no special features originally and later some minor features and they apparently got a great response as the community realised that the website can't be run for free.

smb 06-20-2011 09:49 AM

I'll probably get it some time.

CoreysMonster 06-20-2011 09:54 AM

I would get it if I saw any benefit for myself, but I never get obnoxious ads like other people do, and I don't need any of the other things they offer.

EDIT: The only thing that might interest me is the backing track catalogue, but I personally would prefer to pay a buck or whatever per song instead of having a monthly subscription.

axethrower13 06-20-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg
UG capitalizing on poor struggling musicians... Che would have a fit.

holyshitdinosaur

But let's be honest, back in the day when this site was getting off the ground, there was a lot of the "poor, struggling musician" type. But today its just a bunch of teens with daddy's wallet at hand.

hriday_hazarika 06-20-2011 10:04 AM

The only thing that's stopping me from getting UG+ is UG's ads. I fucking love ads, man.

CoreysMonster 06-20-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axethrower13
But today its just a bunch of teens with daddy's wallet at hand.

:mad: I resent that, good sir!

metacarpi 06-20-2011 10:14 AM

I'm with CoreysMonster on this. I get by just fine without any of the services on offer by UG+, so I don't use it.

I wouldn't hesitate to sign up if there was something there that I wanted though.

JDawg 06-20-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axethrower13
holyshitdinosaur

But let's be honest, back in the day when this site was getting off the ground, there was a lot of the "poor, struggling musician" type. But today its just a bunch of teens with daddy's wallet at hand.

I'm sarcastic about 90% of the time...

I actually support this, but I really have no use for the premium services at the moment.

joshchristian 01-17-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davrockist
So I'm guessing most people have seen the ads for this by now

Has anyone got this? What do people think and would they reccomend it?

If you don't know what it is look at the UG home page

basically a new subscription service on the site which gives you a bunch of extra features

This site just pushes this stupid free 3 day.. well I signed up for it and at the end of 3 days I no longer had access to anything its all demo mode again ... I paid my 2.99? I can't customer support to repond and the ****ing home page is such a total mess that you can't even navigate it... I just want to pay 7.99 and move on.. this iseriously frustrating and stupid... sorry there's no reason for this level of difficulty for a service like this... less bullshit more specifics.. stop trying to jam everything into your front page and start with "BUY HERE" button that doesn't want to slam me into a promotional offer that I no longer qualify for even tho the site charged me 2.99... this totally sucks
**** you UG!

theogonia777 01-17-2013 06:28 PM

I remember about a year ago we had a poll to see if anyone that posts in the Pit actually uses UG Plus. IIRC it took about 100 votes to get a single "Yes" and it was by accident.

CoreysMonster 01-17-2013 06:31 PM

have you messaged anybody in charge or posted in the right forum about that?

lolmnt 01-17-2013 06:33 PM

I get it for free. At least I did. I've used some of the stuff a few times (I don't play guitar that much) and it's pretty good.