UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Metal (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Native Construct (next BTBAM) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1521986)

SkinnyWhiteBoy 02-24-2012 01:48 AM

Native Construct (next BTBAM)

Seriously, I'm calling it. These guys are going to be the next Between the Buried and Me, as in the next relatively "underground" (BTBAM isn't Dream Theater status) prog metal act. I was searching for guitar covers of BTBAM songs, and came across one of the guitar players of this band doing an Alaska intro cover. Went to his channel and found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1o8...UNSuwGwZ3dU3ZXd

If you're a BTBAM fan, listen to all twelve minutes. At first you might say "This is just a college kid mash-up of BTBAM and Scale The Summit" but just wait until you hear the whole song. Your jaw might drop at parts like mine did.

This group is not your typical wanna-be fair. If This group is something special. This track actually has the kind of fresh, "wow" factor I was hoping from the 2011 BTBAM and Protest The Hero releases (though I did like Hypersleep Dialogues).

I don't think they are signed, but I don't care, they're garnering a fanbase. If black metal bands with 27 letter, one-word names and only 5,000 fans worldwide are allowed threads on this board, then this band deserves the same.

... and one of the guitar players finger picks. :eek:

Mood = Excited

Mind = Blown

MoogleRancha 02-24-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyWhiteBoy
These guys are going to be the next Between the Buried and Me

Do we need another one?

DartS17 02-24-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoogleRancha
Do we need another one?

MmmmmmmmmNope

Didn't even need the first one.

Quote:
At first you might say "This is just a college kid mash-up of BTBAM and Scale The Summit"
I thought that throughout the whole song.

Ironic Maiden 02-24-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoogleRancha
Do we need another one?

asdf

Zero Substance 02-24-2012 02:02 AM

jesus this is bad

what the ****ing ****

Hellomeitsme 02-24-2012 02:04 AM

Badly constructed song,equally boring band. Sorry

Vitor_vdp 02-24-2012 02:13 AM

I found out about them a little while ago, they have some really interesting ideas going on. I'm curious to hear whatever they release next.

I definitely hope they won't be the next BTBAM, because I don't really like them...

technicolour 02-24-2012 02:24 AM

Quote:

If black metal bands with 27 letter, one-word names and only 5,000 fans worldwide are allowed threads on this board, then this band deserves the same.

Morphogenesis26 02-24-2012 02:38 AM

Too much start-stop riffing. Sounds like a big mish mash of pseudo-prog and really it does not sound at all like BTBAM and more like some combination of a pop-rock band and Corelia. This doesn't even sound Metal in the slightest so why here!?

Burning_Angel 02-24-2012 02:53 AM

Yeah this sucks.

romencer17 02-24-2012 03:09 AM

Hellomeitsme 02-24-2012 03:29 AM

Haha Im watching that show right now

Stranglehold 02-24-2012 04:49 AM

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.

piratemetalhead 02-24-2012 04:51 AM

listening to it right now, comes across a bit shiate. A fewcool ideas (between the) buried under some really really lame stuff . . . i can tell the guitarist and bassist are already very skilled, and the production is clear but i feel its lacking liveliness. or "life" even. It just smacks of trying very very VERY hard to be as proggy as possible.

post- colors pulls their style off because their music actually *takes* you somewhere.

progbass 02-24-2012 05:17 AM

There is no such thing as "prog metal". This is just carnival music appealing to the LCD. Doesn't belong in metal forum, send it to the hardcore forum if you want to appease btbam teeny boppers

illuminatiano 02-24-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progbass
There is no such thing as "prog metal". This is just carnival music appealing to the LCD. Doesn't belong in metal forum, send it to the hardcore forum if you want to appease btbam teeny boppers

appealing to the liquid crystal display ? huh ?

and yeah that was just horrible, turned it off after a minute

duncang 02-24-2012 08:57 AM

I'm gonna go back to my bowl of cereal now

MustangMan311 02-24-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatiano
appealing to the liquid crystal display ? huh ?

and yeah that was just horrible, turned it off after a minute

I believe he means 'lowest common denominator'. This band is horrendous.

severed-metal 02-24-2012 10:27 AM

If I had a nickel for every time somebody called me Jon..

..I'd have enough money to buy a death laser so I could destroy this band.

MoogleRancha 02-24-2012 10:57 AM

Nicely put, Jon.