UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Finland is the most metal country (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522268)

fc89konkari 02-25-2012 10:03 AM

Finland is the most metal country
 
Very, very proud. I love it here.



:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Kensai 02-25-2012 10:05 AM

That's really not something to be proud of.

fc89konkari 02-25-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
That's really not something to be proud of.

6-1, Swede...

Lespauljames 02-25-2012 10:06 AM

you were also pro nazi..

well some of you... :P

sam b 02-25-2012 10:07 AM

Wrong.



China produced 683.3 million tonnes of Steel in 2011

Kensai 02-25-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc89konkari
6-1, Swede...


fc89konkari 02-25-2012 10:08 AM

^ :haha:

theogonia777 02-25-2012 10:09 AM

Nightwish is from Finland. I think Finland loses.

shwilly 02-25-2012 10:12 AM

Also, Canda slightly more metal than the USA??

I guess that finally proves it then: people in cold countries tend to lean towards more aggressive types of music. Probably because it's f*cking cold to begin with :rolleyes:

GnR_ROK 02-25-2012 10:15 AM

I want to hear Mozambican metal.

jackjb94 02-25-2012 10:15 AM

:cry:we neeeeedd more in england:cry:

fc89konkari 02-25-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
Nightwish is from Finland. I think Finland loses.

Everyone has their taste, but tbh I too hate Nightwish.. :o

Oh well, I could make an endless list of Finnish bands that I dig... :o

stealstrings 02-25-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwilly
Also, Canda slightly more metal than the USA??

I guess that finally proves it then: people in cold countries tend to lean towards more aggressive types of music. Probably because it's f*cking cold to begin with :rolleyes:




:p:

fc89konkari 02-25-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnR_ROK
I want to hear Mozambican metal.

Apparently they even have metal bands in Kenya and Uganda :p:

CoreysMonster 02-25-2012 10:18 AM

Germany is more metal than both US AND UK?

Well, sure sucks to be a pussy non-metal country. :p:

frankv 02-25-2012 10:19 AM

I bought that CD Lordi released around the time they won the Eurovision as a souvenir. It's pretty crap. I'm just going to assume all Finnish metal is a bad as that.

Meanwhile, the only Dutch metal band I can think of at the top of my head, Textures, is actually decent and I'm going to assume all Dutch metal is decent like that.

You lose, Finnboy. :p:

GnR_ROK 02-25-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc89konkari
Apparently they even have metal bands in Kenya and Uganda :p:


:D

Namibian and Angolan, too.

theogonia777 02-25-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjb94
:'( we neeeeedd more in england :'(


There are tons of great British metal bands. Besides the usual suspects, there are Bolt Thrower, Electric Wizard, Benediction, Carcass, Napalm Death, Anaal Nathrakh, Skyclad, Paradise Lost, Orange Goblin, Venom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc89konkari
Everyone has their taste, but tbh I too hate Nightwish.. :o

Oh well, I could make an endless list of Finnish bands that I dig... :o


No, there are tons of great Finnish bands: Skepticism, Thergothon, Beherit, Ensiferum, Moonsorrow, Finntroll, etc, but I always like taking shots at Nightwish.

fc89konkari 02-25-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankv
I bought that CD Lordi released around the time they won the Eurovision as a souvenir. It's pretty crap. I'm just going to assume all Finnish metal is a bad as that.

Meanwhile, the only Dutch metal band I can think of at the top of my head, Textures, is actually decent and I'm going to assume all Dutch metal is decent like that.

You lose, Finnboy. :p:

Omg.. everyone that I know think Lordi sucks... I'm terribly ashamed of that band. Seriously it pisses me off to think that people think that represents Finland well :mad: Joe Barresi (the guy who produced some Anthrax and Tool albums) just finished producing a Finnish band called Stam1na. The album sold gold here the first day it was released. They are probably heading to tour somewhere around the world next. If you get the chance, go see them. That's Finnish metal.

If anyone of you think that you've never heard of a Finnish metal band, you must've heard at least about Children of Bodom..

sam b 02-25-2012 10:28 AM

Bodom are absolute garbage :haha


Ensiferum > all


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.