UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The 2012 Pact (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1535866)

thanksgiving 04-27-2012 03:51 AM

The 2012 Pact
 
For anyone who never saw The January Pact or The New Years Pact.

The purpose of the previous threads I made was to try and help all you Socialphobes start getting out there and having fun, start gaining confidence and talking to people, maybe finding new friends or a love interest. Who knows?

So without further ado...

The 2012 Pact


By agreeing to participate in The 2012 pact you are agreeing to explore outiside your comfort zone, take oppertunities and take chances

If you need ideas or confidence, or want to share successful (or unsucessful) experiences, then post here.

Good luck.

Current participators:

thanksgiving
blake1221
CoreysMonster
cptcomet
Haures
Deadlock Riff
chriscobonham
BuckinFuffalo
guitarninjaruy
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Trizek
akack
YamiFrankc
Pagan_Poetry
Blackholesun00
bad news bear
uziyourillusion
Metallicuh
ZombieCran
JobWob119
Bluesblitz
Crofty89
S0n1c '97
slipknot5678
OldDavidian
Mark Roxx
MetalheadA7X

Current Challenge


Grab an acoustic guitar and sing a song in public.

blake1221 04-27-2012 03:54 AM

Sign me up.



But...I don't really have a problem with this anyways...so whatevs.

slash_GNR666 04-27-2012 03:54 AM

Good idea however I will not be participating this time as I feel confident enough in myself ATM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanksgiving
The first mission is next time you're shopping, start a conversation with a complete stranger of the opposite sex, and make them laugh.


Plus I would probably say something that I think is funny and end up being arrested.

That or my wife would kill me and stick me in the freezer aisle

blake1221 04-27-2012 03:57 AM

Your wife would murder you for talking to a different woman?



That's healthy.

MightyAri 04-27-2012 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanksgiving

The 2012 Pact

By agreeing to participate in The 2012 pact you are agreeing to explore outiside your comfort zone, take oppertunities and take chances

If you need ideas or confidence, or want to share successful (or unsucessful) experiences, then post here.

Good luck.

Current participators:

thanksgiving
blake1221


The first mission is next time you're shopping, start a conversation with a complete stranger of the opposite sex, and make them laugh.


Make yourself look like a creep!Excellent.

slash_GNR666 04-27-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Your wife would murder you for talking to a different woman?
That's healthy.


Lol a complete stranger probably...

If I knew the woman then story would be completey different (I would probably be wounded)

:p:

thanksgiving 04-27-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyAri
Make yourself look like a creep!Excellent.


That's what I would used to think. It's too creepy to just talk to a stranger!

But it's not. Talking is perfectly normal, you just don't know how to start the conversation, that's why we're here.

Amuro Jay 04-27-2012 04:02 AM

I'm living in a new city with no friends and all I do is sit on my laptop.

Sign me up. I want a life again.

EDIT: Whoah wait, we actually have to do things? Count me out.

MastodonHanzi 04-27-2012 04:05 AM

Outside my comfort zone?
Ahh, the bathroom no?

MightyAri 04-27-2012 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanksgiving
That's what I would used to think. It's too creepy to just talk to a stranger!

But it's not. Talking is perfectly normal, you just don't know how to start the conversation, that's why we're here.


Talking to strangers isn't that normal.I mean actively going out of your way to track down a stranger and then start talking to them.Good on you for helping yourselves anyway,I was just being a smart arse.

jthm_guitarist 04-27-2012 04:08 AM

This sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen
:lurk:

slapsymcdougal 04-27-2012 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthm_guitarist
This sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen
:lurk:

Sounds like a restraining order waiting to happen.

blake1221 04-27-2012 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
Sounds like a restraining order waiting to happen.


Have you never hit on a girl you didn't know?

slapsymcdougal 04-27-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Have you never hit on a girl you didn't know?

Exaggeration for 'comedic' effect; and yes. Though I would point out that the OP doesn't specify actually hitting on them, just making them laugh.

blake1221 04-27-2012 04:16 AM

I can never tell in regards to loneliness in the Pit. There are some completely awesome normal people and like...real life scared-to-talk-to-anyone kinda dudes.

WantsLesPaul 04-27-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanksgiving
The first mission is next time you're shopping, start a conversation with a complete stranger of the opposite sex, and make them laugh.

Can't, here it's basically considered a rape.

slapsymcdougal 04-27-2012 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
I can never tell in regards to loneliness in the Pit. There are some completely awesome normal people and like...real life scared-to-talk-to-anyone kinda dudes.

Look, I may not bother talking to people I don't know anymore, but I have doen so in the past.
It's what has given me the proud record of having been turned down by at least 3 women for every one I've even thought about asking out.

blake1221 04-27-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
Look, I may not bother talking to people I don't know anymore, but I have doen so in the past.
It's what has given me the proud record of having been turned down by at least 3 women for every one I've even thought about asking out.


I'm...sorry? :confused:

thanksgiving 04-27-2012 04:20 AM

The purpose of the challenges is motivation.

Sure you can say that you're going to take part and do what you can to be social, but it's like a new years resolution.

You'll justify it in yourself, that going to Dominoes and ordering a pizza counts as being social.

The challenges will MAKE you be social.

slapsymcdougal 04-27-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
I'm...sorry? :confused:

Yoiu should be, it will all be your fault when you build that time machine in 15 years time.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.