UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Only Joyo Pedal thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1536497)

bobafettacheese 04-30-2012 10:13 AM

The Only Joyo Pedal thread
 
We are starting a list of Joyo pedals. Please give some information about the pedal, the price, sound, what it is a possible clone of, etc. Any other pertinent information is welcome. Let this be a list to help others making decisions buying these pedals.
I will start, others feel free to chime in and add as needed. Thanks in advance and Cheers!

Vintage Overdrive-$39.99 USD, appears to be cloned after the Ibanez TS9. Great overdrive pedal, can be used as a boost. Works like any tubescreamer or overdrive pedal. When put after distortion can tighten up the sound, when added to clean can give a nice added blues-y punch to the mix.

Ultimate Overdrive-$39.99 USD, appears to be cloned after the OCD. Many people have said that they are just straight replicas of the OCD. Great pedal!

Digital Delay-$39.99 USD, has adjustable delay sounds and has the ability to change the level at which the delay is prominent in the overall sound. Very rich sound, some think it sound very analog rather than digital. Can be blended very well with other sounds to create unique sounds, at a lower tempo it can even sound like a reverb.

Comparison/Possibly clones of website:
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewt...i+drive#p180644

Joyo website:
http://www.joyoaudio.com/en/product/fl_26.html

Video Comparisons:
ultimate drive
vintage od
ultimate drive vs ocd
digital delay vs boss dm2

Dave_Mc 04-30-2012 12:39 PM

http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewt...i+drive#p180644

bobafettacheese 04-30-2012 12:54 PM

Thanks Dave, also for pictures and other pertinent information here is the link directly to Joyo's website, http://www.joyoaudio.com/en/product/fl_26.html . I am not trying to sell these pedals at all, just trying to inform and to cut down on all the countless Joyo threads.

R45VT 04-30-2012 12:59 PM

People complain about where to buy them, check Amazon!

Dave_Mc 04-30-2012 01:19 PM

^^ :cheers:

Punk_Ninja 04-30-2012 01:57 PM

Thanks for that link, Dave! I've been wondering about what some of the pedals are cloning! =)

Might give a couple a try...real tempted by their ultimate drive.

Cathbard 04-30-2012 02:08 PM

Apparently the Classic Flanger is an MXR M117 (the EVH flanger) - unconfirmed

bobafettacheese 04-30-2012 02:26 PM

It would be great if we could get audio samples of the real thing vs. the clone, to make accurate comparisons. Granted this would take some work, but it would be informative. Just a dream. I know a lot of people are interested.

Kittythulhu 04-30-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettacheese
It would be great if we could get audio samples of the real thing vs. the clone, to make accurate comparisons. Granted this would take some work, but it would be informative. Just a dream. I know a lot of people are interested.


ultimate drive
vintage od
ultimate drive vs ocd
digital delay vs boss dm2

ChemicalFire 04-30-2012 04:49 PM

Does anyone own the Vintage OD? Can they tell me if it's worth picking up or not?

R45VT 04-30-2012 05:24 PM

China is all sorts of ****ed up. Or badass depending on how you look at it.
Joyo lists job requirements depending on the gender of the employee. Do that state-side and you will be out of business faster than Gloria Alrad can call a press conference.

robertsanidiot 04-30-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Does anyone own the Vintage OD? Can they tell me if it's worth picking up or not?

Do it.

bobafettacheese 04-30-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsanidiot
Do it.

+1

bobafettacheese 04-30-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittythulhu
ultimate drive
vintage od
ultimate drive vs ocd
digital delay vs boss dm2

Awesome, thanks for the addition.

Dave_Mc 05-01-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_Ninja
Thanks for that link, Dave! I've been wondering about what some of the pedals are cloning! =)

Might give a couple a try...real tempted by their ultimate drive.


:cheers:

what type of amp do you have? I should know but i forget :o Just i think my UD sounds better through fendery amps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Apparently the Classic Flanger is an MXR M117 (the EVH flanger) - unconfirmed


is it? i thought it was the ibanez one (just judging by the names on the knobs, which obviously is hardly scientific!)

Dave_Mc 05-01-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittythulhu
digital delay vs boss dm2


i doubt the digital delay is a clone, i mean the dm2 is analogue, right?

don't get me wrong, it still sounds good


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Does anyone own the Vintage OD? Can they tell me if it's worth picking up or not?


it is if you need a tubescreamer on the cheap

Punk_Ninja 05-01-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
what type of amp do you have? I should know but i forget :o Just i think my UD sounds better through fendery amps.


I'm using a Cornford Roadhouse 30, not exactly a Fendery sounding amp!

But even if it doesn't sound great I've not lost much! =P

Telecaster7 05-01-2012 08:36 AM

TS! Edit first post to have all the links, and give it a pretty format, then it'll look convincing and people might stop making threads


(I wasn't saying this one is shit, I'm only suggesting :cheers: )

Dave_Mc 05-01-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_Ninja
I'm using a Cornford Roadhouse 30, not exactly a Fendery sounding amp!

But even if it doesn't sound great I've not lost much! =P


yeah that's true

plus i mean i just plug the darn thing in and don't even tweak the amp. it might sound fine through a british-voiced amp :haha

Punk_Ninja 05-01-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
yeah that's true

plus i mean i just plug the darn thing in and don't even tweak the amp. it might sound fine through a british-voiced amp :haha


Hah! :haha: I'll have to give it shot when some money appears! A 30 OCD seems too good to be true til I've tried one out! =P


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.