UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Reasonably priced desktop replacement for line 6 pod x3 live? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1537788)

syntheticocean 05-06-2012 12:29 PM

Reasonably priced desktop replacement for line 6 pod x3 live?

My room is extremely small and I literally don't have the room on the floor for my x3 live so I'm looking to replace it with something GOOD that I can fit on a small computer desk. Any suggestions? And yes I will be selling my x3 live to fund this purchase. What do you suppose it's worth now in near mint(just very dusty) condition.

fly135 05-06-2012 12:32 PM

Zoom G3. Top price on Craigslist would probably be about $250. Check eBay for completed listing to get an eBay price.

MatrixClaw 05-06-2012 12:33 PM

POD Farm? Doesn't take up any space :p:

I've seen the X3s go for ~$300 used; though maybe less now, since you can buy HD500s for around that.

Robbgnarly 05-06-2012 12:45 PM

get a L6 POD bean .

MC hit it on the head though. You can also look at the new L6 mobile in/i Rig if you have an iphone/i pad (not sure if it works with the iPOD)

Tom 1.0 05-06-2012 12:55 PM

Peavey Revalver.

Robbgnarly 05-06-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 1.0
Peavey Revalver.

I forgot about that

It is soposed to be one of the best amp sims out, I have never used it though.

syntheticocean 05-06-2012 01:04 PM

I'm looking at the mobile options. Software won't do it for me all the time unfortunately.

Tom 1.0 05-06-2012 01:05 PM

:shrug:

POD HD? Or maybe an 11r?

Robbgnarly 05-06-2012 01:13 PM

Do you have an ipad/phone?

syntheticocean 05-06-2012 01:24 PM

I do have an iPhone. I don't see how that matters?

I do like the pod series but they are very pricey and are fairly complicated to get a good tone out of. Not to mention all the pod software is horribly designed and slow/buggy.

MatrixClaw 05-06-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticocean

I do like the pod series but they are very pricey and are fairly complicated to get a good tone out of. Not to mention all the pod software is horribly designed and slow/buggy.

Because you can get Guitar Rig on your iPhone.

POD Farm is not horribly designed, nor slow and buggy; it's actually quite the opposite (version 2.5 had some issues, but you don't have to install 2.5, you can stick with 2.4). I don't have much experience with the X3, so it might be true of that, but POD Farm is just the software version of the X3 :shrug:

Robbgnarly 05-06-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticocean

Because there are a few new interfaces for them like the Line 6 mobile in, wich is a striped down L6 POD. they are like $70 in the USA.

Also there is iRIG wich is basicaly the same thing by a diff company. ;)

syntheticocean 05-06-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixClaw
Because you can get Guitar Rig on your iPhone.

POD Farm is not horribly designed, nor slow and buggy; it's actually quite the opposite (version 2.5 had some issues, but you don't have to install 2.5, you can stick with 2.4). I don't have much experience with the X3, so it might be true of that, but POD Farm is just the software version of the X3 :shrug:

In my experience it's never worked properly. I'd rather not use my phone as when I go to friends houses to jam I'm quite positive it wouldn't keep up.

I'm leaning towards the G3 right now. I like the small size and it looks like you can get a lot of good tones out of it. Does anyone know if it can produce metal tones along the lines of KSE, insomnium, all that remains?

syntheticocean 05-06-2012 03:01 PM

I said **** it and I ordered the Pod HD, I'll try to sell the floorboard model for a chunk of the cost of this.