UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Modern Rock (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Not-Muse thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1558370)

frankv 08-21-2012 09:07 AM

Not-Muse thread

Hello modern rock forum, welcome to the non-Muse thread! :wavey: This is where we discuss bands, albums and songs that did not disappoint us. Alternatively, it can also be a place for disillusioned fans of Muse-before-they-decided-to-become-cow-tits to overcome their disappointment together, perhaps through group therapy. And Taylor Swift talk, I expect.

I guess I'll start then. After ages of seeing their name posted around the internet, I finally decided to give Silversun Pickups' latest album a go and I liked it. It didn't disappoint

americnidiot 08-21-2012 09:36 AM

:haha:

*likes madness. leaves thread*

BjarnedeGraaf 08-21-2012 09:38 AM

madness wasnt that bad. :) have fun crying about the old days when the skies were blue and you could buy a meal for the family for a few cents.

yoman297 08-21-2012 09:47 AM

This thread is now about Radiohead

halvies 08-21-2012 09:55 AM

I like this thread.

marveldude_31 08-21-2012 10:00 AM

i think that muse is just trying to go more mainstream like they did with their last album

Johnny_Ibanez 08-21-2012 10:01 AM

I was not disappointed with the new Hives song.

The Hives - Come On

78 seconds of audacity.

edgeyyz 08-21-2012 10:11 AM

So I'm guessing the point of this thread is to contain the overflow of irrelevant topics within the Muse thread?

cptcomet 08-21-2012 10:59 AM

They're quite cute aren't they? Who liked Madness then? I'm looking forward to the new album!

steve_muse 08-21-2012 11:12 AM

I disapprove. Madness is good. And what are we supposed to talk about in the Muse thread now?

frankv 08-21-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by americnidiot
:haha:

*likes madness. leaves thread*

You'll be back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BjarnedeGraaf
madness wasnt that bad. :) have fun crying about the old days when the skies were blue and you could buy a meal for the family for a few cents.

Ripping off Queen and U2 and still only managing to come up with a not-that-bad track? That's pretty bad. If anything it's Muse that is stuck in the past, thinking they can steal like Zeppelin. :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Ibanez
I was not disappointed with the new Hives song.

The Hives - Come On

78 seconds of audacity.

Now that's more like it! :cool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeyyz
So I'm guessing the point of this thread is to contain the overflow of irrelevant topics within the Muse thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_muse
I disapprove. Madness is good. And what are we supposed to talk about in the Muse thread now?

Well, I'm guessing it's best to just let the Muse thread be for a year or 3 until Muse come to their senses and stop trying to be Tenacious D. In the mean time, us Muse thread posters need something to do, don't we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcomet

They're quite cute aren't they? Who liked Madness then? I'm looking forward to the new album!

:mad:

EndTheRapture51 08-21-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marveldude_31
i think that muse is just trying to go more mainstream like they did with their last album

Yes of course Survival is so poppy with it's heavy riff and guitar solos replacing choruses and Unsustainable is equally poppy with it's lack of any lyrics or any catchy chorus.

steve_muse 08-21-2012 11:40 AM

Yeah, I don't think they're trying to pander to a mainstream audience at all with Survival or Unsustainable.

Squall142 08-21-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankv
And Taylor Swift talk, I expect.

I guess I'll start then. After ages of seeing their name posted around the internet, I finally decided to give Silversun Pickups' latest album a go and I liked it. It didn't disappoint

She's great on B.o.B's latest single. I gotta get that damn album but so lazy...

Love the Pickups. They be hella sweet. Singer's voice has gotten better with each record. Check out Three Seed.

I recently got Of Monsters and Men's album. Stuff is sweeet.

frankv 08-21-2012 01:30 PM

^One of the major radio stations here always play that Little Talks song. I like it, but I kinda dislike how they play all those semi-indie hits (them, Ed Sheeran, Ben Howard, fun., Will & the People etc) so they can call themselves alternative while still playing top 40 music.

Bob_Sacamano 08-21-2012 01:39 PM

As I said in the Soundgarden thread and must restate, the new Soundgarden clip is fabulous.

Squall142 08-21-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:
^One of the major radio stations here always play that Little Talks song. I like it, but I kinda dislike how they play all those semi-indie hits (them, Ed Sheeran, Ben Howard, fun., Will & the People etc) so they can call themselves alternative while still playing top 40 music.

Meh, they gotta make money somehow considering the internet is a thing.

lolmusesux

frankv 08-21-2012 02:18 PM

Holy shet! Yessssss! That's what I'm talking about! :D :D :D

slipknot5678 08-21-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_muse

This. The Muse thread already serves the purpose of the 'not-Muse' thread.

BjarnedeGraaf 08-21-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:
You'll be back!

Ripping off Queen and U2 and still only managing to come up with a not-that-bad track? That's pretty bad. If anything it's Muse that is stuck in the past, thinking they can steal like Zeppelin. :o

Now that's more like it! :cool:

Well, I'm guessing it's best to just let the Muse thread be for a year or 3 until Muse come to their senses and stop trying to be Tenacious D. In the mean time, us Muse thread posters need something to do, don't we?

:mad:

Nowadays its hard to write songs that arent already written... every note/chord combination have been used already.
The only reason why this is being noticed is because it seems like its from Queen, and they admit U2 inspired them after a tour. if it was stolen from an unknown band somewhere in the world, nobody would actually give a f*ck, unless you stole the whole thing like Every Tears a Waterfall - Coldplay