UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How in the world is Boss still in business? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1561063)

mayslash 09-04-2012 06:04 AM

How in the world is Boss still in business?

ya ya "people keep buying them blah blah"

It amazes me how the guitarist community keep this company in business. So many awful tone sucking pedals. Literally every one of their pedals are overpriced and inferior to other brands. You can rest assured that if Boss has a pedal for $100, another company has a much better version for the same pricepoint.

TLDR- boss needs to go away. Support better companies.

Eppicurt 09-04-2012 06:06 AM

This is probably one of the most ignorant, moronic posts I've ever seen on here.

EpiExplorer 09-04-2012 06:13 AM

Not quite true, expensive for pedals, probably, but for that you get rock solid durability, reliability, ease of use and one of the widest catalogues of pedals, well, ever. I dont mind the tone, especially for distortion pedals where an amps base distortion is just not good.

Carl6661 09-04-2012 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayslash

You answered your own question.

Quote:
It amazes me how the guitarist community keep this company in business. So many awful tone sucking pedals. Literally every one of their pedals are overpriced and inferior to other brands. You can rest assured that if Boss has a pedal for $100, another company has a much better version for the same pricepoint.

Opinions. Some people like Boss, some don't. I've disliked pretty much every Gibson I've ever played, but there are people who love them. The solution to the ''Blahblahblah I don't like <insert company here>'' problem, is suprisingly simple, even for someone who seems as ignorant as yourself...

If you dislike a particular company, don't buy their stuff - buy the products that you enjoy and make you feel best about your playing.

R45VT 09-04-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

You need to go away with stupid posts.

mulefish 09-04-2012 06:23 AM

lol reported

Eppicurt 09-04-2012 06:30 AM

Yeah. This is pointless. Reported.

Linkerman 09-04-2012 06:43 AM

LOL TS is tone deaf.

greeny23 09-04-2012 06:54 AM

AndyGray 09-04-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:
Support better companies.

Better? By being less successful & offering products of lower demand.

Don't you be insulting Boss.

Literally impossible to find a picture of Fred as Boss without ****** in the URL

steven seagull 09-04-2012 07:04 AM

I am also amazed that Boss are still in business, mainly because everything they make seems to be indestructable.

If nothing you make breaks then nobody has any reason to buy a new one :p:

NakedInTheRain 09-04-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

mayslash 09-04-2012 07:42 AM

Boss are universally hated in every forum but UG. But UG is mostly teenagers so it is understandable for you to not realize how crappy Boss pedals are.

greeny23 09-04-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:
Boss are universally hated in every forum but UG. But UG is mostly teenagers so it is understandable for you to not realize how crappy Boss pedals are.

im not sure if you hear yourself speak..

AxSilentxLine 09-04-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Bestow your wisdom upon us, for we know not what we do.

I only use 3 Boss pedals; a DD-7, an NS-2 and a Line Selector and they all work quite well. What's the issue?

mayslash 09-04-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny23
im not sure if you hear yourself speak..

Well UG is mostly teenagers is it not? And if you go to any other forum everyone hates Boss pedals aka tonesuckers aka overpriced junk. Boss is synonymous with metal and this site is all metalheads, so add teenagers + metalheads + Boss = need to take my advice

greeny23 09-04-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:
Well UG is mostly teenagers is it not? And if you go to any other forum everyone hates Boss pedals aka tonesuckers aka overpriced junk. Boss is synonymous with metal and this site is all metalheads, so add teenagers + metalheads + Boss = need to take my advice

but your advice is so wrong...

ever played a SP-1? ever played a HM-2? ever played a DM-2? Ever played a DD-2?

mayslash 09-04-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxSilentxLine
Bestow your wisdom upon us, for we know not what we do.

I only use 3 Boss pedals; a DD-7, an NS-2 and a Line Selector and they all work quite well. What's the issue?

You could have gotten pedals from other brands for the same price that mops the floor with those Boss pedals is my point.

mayslash 09-04-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny23
but your advice is so wrong...

ever played a SP-1? ever played a HM-2? ever played a DM-2? Ever played a DD-2?

The only Boss pedal that is comparable to others brands was the ce-2 and that is long gone...

greeny23 09-04-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:
The only Boss pedal that is comparable to others brands was the ce-2 and that is long gone...

wait, what?

this is completely different to what your original point was.