UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Most useful features of your rig. (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1561447)

Eppicurt 09-06-2012 03:29 AM

Most useful features of your rig.

So many negative threads about gear at the moment...thought this would lighten everyone up! So what about your rig do you find most useful and that you don't typically find on many other gear?

I would have to say it's my ENGL's multitude of EQ options that boost mids or lows, bright switches, etc, etc. Much more than the typical amp.

supersac 09-06-2012 03:33 AM

its affordability...

stonyman65 09-06-2012 03:44 AM

Delay pedal. I'm all about the echo. Can't live without it. It's not crazy, but some subtle delay can go a long way.

Chorus is pretty useful too for clean stuff.

Cathbard 09-06-2012 03:45 AM

That's gotta be my GP-8. It is the central unit that pulls everything together and makes it whole. Wanna talk about EQ options? I have programmable EQ's both pre and post preamp when I want them. I see your multitude and I raise you a shitload. :haha:

AndyGray 09-06-2012 04:10 AM

I love my Valveking's variety of tones on the lead channel. The Presence & Resonance knobs are so good at minor tweaking.

&

The volume/gain boost footswitch. Helps really distinguish parts of the song I want to be BRRTUUUUUUTAAALALLLLLSSSZZZ

AxSilentxLine 09-06-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppicurt
So many negative threads about gear at the moment...thought this would lighten everyone up! So what about your rig do you find most useful and that you don't typically find on many other gear?

I would have to say it's my ENGL's multitude of EQ options that boost mids or lows, bright switches, etc, etc. Much more than the typical amp.

Give me about a week. I'll trump your Powerball ;)

ikey_ 09-06-2012 05:55 AM

probably decent power with fairly decent size and portability, fairly decent flexibility for playing at home and live in many different genres, well designed and laid out pedalboard with all the instrument cables for loop / amp routed well and coupled together, allowing me to plug everything in very quickly

Blompcube 09-06-2012 07:03 AM

my tuner, especially for those times when i use an electric 12-string :D

And the old laptop bag my very basic pedalboard fits neatly into is pretty useful - it's not really a part of my rig, but it's very useful to for carrying stuff. I keep my picks, earplugs, cables, spare strings etc in there too.

telemetal 09-06-2012 07:37 AM

Gotta be either my tele or the footswitch of my Egnater. The tele simply because it's such a versatile instrument. I could get through almost any gig with it as my sole guitar if I had to. The footswitch is quite simple, but powerful, and can usually save me from any serious pedal dancing.

dementiacaptain 09-06-2012 07:52 AM

The active eq on my V3. Absolutely love it.

Kevin Saale 09-06-2012 07:55 AM

On switch.

NakedInTheRain 09-06-2012 07:55 AM

it goes down on me when i talk dirty to it.

311ZOSOVHJH 09-06-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppicurt
So many negative threads about gear at the moment...thought this would lighten everyone up!

But my thread is more interesting and fun - therefore more enlightening :o

Jyrgen 09-06-2012 12:02 PM

Versatility. Pod X3.

Bloodshed 09-06-2012 12:06 PM

My Pedalsnake. I never have to hunt for a power plug in at the front of the stage. My line to the amp input, FX send and returns, 9vDC, 9vAC, Reverse ground power, and footswitch lines all go down 1 cable. Real timesaver for setup and tear down and it looks clean having only one cable to cross the stage

W4RP1G 09-06-2012 12:26 PM

Fish and Chips EQ pedal. I run it in the FX loop because it seems to have a better affect.

MrFlibble 09-06-2012 01:50 PM

Three things spring to mind. I don't know which I'd class as the absolute most useful.

The FBV foot controller for my HD147, for sure. The wah/volume on that thing is the very best-sounding wah and smoothest volume pedal I've ever used. Opening up the amp to 36 channels, full effect control and a tuner? I just wish there was a way to get it to work with every other amp.

The pedal board/case Boss sent me. I've read some negative reviews of it, but it does the trick for me. It's lovely to have a pedalboard that can simply be shut and carried around like any other case, without having to unplug anything. Very nicely design wire channels too and the height is perfect.

Lastly, my talkbox. It doesn't matter how you use it, when or where, it always gets a cheer. Using a talkbox pretty much guarantees you get at least three extra phone numbers at the end of the night.

dementiacaptain 09-06-2012 02:02 PM

^How is the 147? I have been eyeballing one forever, but I am not sure I would really dig it. I know it is pretty much the "metal vetta" but is the amount of control just as impressive?

stykerwolf 09-06-2012 02:43 PM

the on off switch

Blktiger0 09-06-2012 03:02 PM

Nothing can trump the 10-Band EQ in terms of usefulness.

That said, I love the versatility of my Vengeance and it's Footswitch. I honestly think I would be lost using any other amp live because I couldn't tweak my tone on the fly so easily. One of my favorite features is that I can set the Effects Loop to automatically be on on one or both channels. I just leave my EQ and Decimator on sitting behind my amp and have it set so that the loop is only on for Channel 2. Really, though, I could drool about all of it's features for hours. That's just one of the most handy. When I switch to my clean channel, it automatically turns the loop off so that I don't have to switch channels, then switch off my EQ and Decimator. I don't even have to step on the loop switch.

I'm spoiled...combine that with the reverb spillover, and channel switching is seamless. I love it.

Now I wanna go hug my amp...maybe Bruce too...