UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Wah pedal for metal (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1562594)

Low Man's Lyric 09-12-2012 03:06 PM

Wah pedal for metal

I need (want) a wah pedal for playing hardrock and metal, playing music in the style of Accept, Black Sabbath, Megadeth and/or Metallica. What should I look for and which ones are recommended for this kind of music?

I have considered the Zakk Wylde signature pedal, they say it's a good pedal even if you don't want to sound exactly like him.

Input/advice?

667 09-12-2012 03:07 PM

Check out the Morely Tremoti Sig. It's switchless and built for metal.

Maidenheadsteve 09-12-2012 03:34 PM

Dunlop crybaby from hell (dimebag darrel's signature). you can adjust it to a lot of different tones, and is good for metal.

By the way, I don't think megadeth are big wah users (at least in comparison to Metallica)

Low Man's Lyric 09-12-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenheadsteve
By the way, I don't think megadeth are big wah users (at least in comparison to Metallica)

I guess they aren't, but I wanted to give an idea for what style of music I would be playing.

andrerist 09-12-2012 04:52 PM

i personally prefer the krik hammet wah in the way of the signature ones. but if you want total versatility you could go for either the dunlop 535q or the CAE version of that for ultimate versatility (short of a rack unit)

i have a 535q from several years ago and i've beaten the hell out of it. looking back now, i wish that i had either gotten something more along the lines of the kirk hammet wah. i feel like having all the adjustments on mine can be a little overwhelming and a little defficult to dial in exactly what your looking for

do some searching around and you can see what the differences between all the dunlop sig wahs are. i've never played a morley but i personally dont like the idea of a switchless wah. but i guess thats just a preferance thing

kyle62 09-12-2012 04:55 PM

Morley, or maybe even the Ibanez Weeping Demon.

ihartfood 09-12-2012 05:23 PM

Tremonti Patriot Wah or a Jerry Cantrell crybaby. or a Dime Crybaby. hell, any metal signature wah. But the Patriot is switchless which is a cool feature to have.

Low Man's Lyric 09-13-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle62
Morley, or maybe even the Ibanez Weeping Demon.

The guitarist in my band has one of those Ibanez Weeping Demon pedals so I could see if I can borrow his for a while to decide?

dementiacaptain 09-13-2012 03:50 PM

The weeping demon is pretty sweet. I can add another vote to check out Morley's offerings, I have the Vai signature and it cuts through a distorted signal very well.