UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Official Borderlands 2 Thread Extravaganza (Beta Version 1.112) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1563580)

ExDementia 09-18-2012 11:40 AM

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread Extravaganza (Beta Version 1.112)

Who's playing it?

My buddy and I stayed up until 3am playing coop after it dropped last night (my GF was pissed because I wouldn't come to bed). Holy shit, the first game was good, but this one is ****ing awesome! I like how it's much more focused on humor this time around as well.

The only thing I don't care for is the menu system, specifically the inventory screen. Why the hell won't it let me look at what I have equipped and what's in my inventory at the same time? Maybe it's just annoying for me since I'm playing it on PC and not console, which the menu screen was clearly designed for. Otherwise, trading and group management is much easier. It's incredibly easy to group up, where it was a bit of a hassle before.

So what'd you guys roll? So far, I think I really I'm really liking the Gunzerker. Good class to ease you back into it.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Questions about the game? Ask here!

Need more players for your team? Ask here!

Post your respective system's game ID and I'll add it here so we can get some UG games going!

Steam players:
Anthrax357m (ExDementia)
=(mm)= lushacrous -prpl leader- (Lushacrous)
Crunk_Captain (Captaincrunk)
br0seph_stalin (Stratman_13)
MetacarpiUG (Metacarpi)
electroacoustics (Våd Hamster)
Static-UG (Todd Hart)
i_am_not_jeremy (Jeremessmore)
Neer7 (Neer)
Quiltsocks (TheChaz)

Xbox players:
None given yet :(

PS3 players:
yellowfrizbee (yellowfrizbee)
xVCUxAssassin (Stratman_13)
ma_tt11 (ma_tt11)
rworsl (rworsl)

Want to share talent tree builds?
Here are the talent tree calculators for each class:
[Gunzerker - Siren - Commando - Assassin ]

))

Portuguese_boy 09-18-2012 11:46 AM

Gonna be assassin for sure, looks ****ing awesome.

metacarpi 09-18-2012 11:47 AM

Just working on getting a VPN up and running now so I don't have to wait until Friday to play!

Todd Hart 09-18-2012 11:48 AM

More like gayderlands poo.

amirite

ExDementia 09-18-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacarpi
Just working on getting a VPN up and running now so I don't have to wait until Friday to play!

Man, I hate staggered releases. I got lucky that the drop in the US was east coast time, so I it was available to play at 9 over here on the west coast.

Does that make you feel better? :D

stratman_13 09-18-2012 12:05 PM

Damnit I wanted to make this thread :mad:.

Zero is ****ing sweet though. Awesome class. Loving the mix of long range and stealth.

WCPhils 09-18-2012 12:19 PM

Zeeeerrrrrrooooooo!!!!

iHurricaneGTR 09-18-2012 01:10 PM

Picking it up today after school. Gonna be awesome.
Also getting myself of SD2.0 :D

metacarpi 09-18-2012 01:11 PM

Man, I'm loving it so far, playingas Maya 'cos I figure everyone's going Zer0, but I'll be swapping over to Mechromancer when it becomes available.

One thing I am worried about is that I'm experiencing framerate drops like nobodies business when shit gets busy. Here's my rig:

3.0 GHz processor
16Gb RAM
3Gb AMD Radeon 7950

Surely my system should smash it?

ExDementia 09-18-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:
One thing I am worried about is that I'm experiencing framerate drops like nobodies business when shit gets busy. Here's my rig:

3.0 GHz processor
16Gb RAM
3Gb AMD Radeon 7950

Maybe a driver issue? I ran it last nigh with a 2.4Ghz CoreDuo, 2Gb RAM, and a 1Gb 540GT card and Vista :o . It was perfectly smooth on medium. I was really surprised.

BurningStarlV 09-18-2012 01:26 PM

Got the game today and only got to play for about half an hour. Fucking classes taking up all my Borderlands time. I'm playing as Zero because I loved Mordecai in BL1. It's too early to really judge, but it's fun so far.

lushacrous 09-18-2012 01:50 PM

My steam name is lushacrous (technically the full name as it is right now is "=(mm)= lushacrous -prpl leader-"

I'm gonna be playing crazy amounts from now until the unforeseeable future. Add me and I'll be happy to play with you.

Xiaoxi 09-18-2012 01:52 PM

For some reason I thought Borderlands was a TV show. :confus:

ExDementia 09-18-2012 03:56 PM

Does anyone else sometimes wish they would give you slightly fewer weapons? It feels like I just barely get a sweet new gun and I'm already replacing it. It will probably slow down as I get higher in level, but that did annoy me a little bit in the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
For some reason I thought Borderlands was a TV show. :confus:

That would be an awesome show.

WCPhils 09-18-2012 03:58 PM

My brothers just bought the game and are playing it without me.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bob_Sacamano 09-18-2012 04:11 PM

Looks like my brother's buying it on Steam which means I'll have access to it soon. (I'm pitching in a bit) Wasn't crazy excited about it or anything but cool anyway.

captaincrunk 09-18-2012 04:21 PM

I just bought it on Steam, name Crunk_Captain

BurningStarlV 09-18-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
My brothers just bought the game and are playing it without me.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kill your brothers.

JackalUK 09-18-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:
Man, I'm loving it so far, playingas Maya 'cos I figure everyone's going Zer0, but I'll be swapping over to Mechromancer when it becomes available.

3.0 GHz processor
16Gb RAM
3Gb AMD Radeon 7950

Happened to me as well, I turned the AA down a little and made sure physX was on it's lowest setting and it runs like a charm now.

WCPhils 09-18-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningStarlV
Kill your brothers.

There both bigger than me. :(