UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Musician Talk (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Review this live performance (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1564445)

BOPAWholewheat 09-23-2012 01:43 PM

Review this live performance

I wasnt totally sure where to put this, but this seemed to be the best place
Anyways, take a look at my bands live performance up there and give me some feedback on anything you can think of, sound quality, tightness, stage presence etc.

MaggaraMarine 09-23-2012 02:17 PM

Promote your band forums...

p_a_morgan 09-23-2012 03:26 PM

Pretty tight for this kind of noise.

Most Metalcore(?) bands...or...well, I should just say Whatevercore...

Anyway...most heavy bands don't sound very good, at all, live...

I can actually make out the kick drum line! I can hear guitars!

It's not bad.

OH! And you guys didn't do the stupid tea-bag moves or the whole running-in-place bit. That annoys me to no end.

Hail 09-23-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_a_morgan
Pretty tight for this kind of noise.

Most Metalcore(?) bands...or...well, I should just say Whatevercore...

Anyway...most heavy bands don't sound very good, at all, live...

I can actually make out the kick drum line! I can hear guitars!

It's not bad.

OH! And you guys didn't do the stupid tea-bag moves or the whole running-in-place bit. That annoys me to no end.

goddamn you're closed-minded

Hydra150 09-23-2012 10:38 PM

Your jeans are too tight and the singer sounds like he needs some cough syrup.

sea` 09-23-2012 11:28 PM

Get a new drummer. Yours can't play fills without falling out of time.

Hail 09-23-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
Your jeans are too tight and the singer sounds like he needs some cough syrup.

sjones 09-26-2012 02:50 AM

I'm not as much of a metal fan as I used to be, but here's some things that came to mind while watching.

Let's start with the good. The band is tight musically. I couldn't pick out any glaring mistakes. Musically, I felt like everything "worked".

However, that being said, I'm going to move on to what I hope you'll take as constructive criticism. While the band was tight and the note choices all seemed fitting, I felt that it was fairly "run-of-the-mill" metalcore. The band is good, but nothing to me really stood out from the vast number of other similar sounding bands. If you're going to want to stand out from the already overcrowded and generic metalcore scene, I suggest being more creative.

Stage presence-wise, I felt like the singer was alright in that department, but the band was lacking energy. If seemed as if none of the instrumentalists were "into the song". For the vast majority of the video it seemed like, other than the singer, no one in the band really wanted to be there and even though it looked like there was a pretty decent crowd at the gig, your stage presence gave off the feeling that you weren't really having a good time.

Overall though, the band sounds good and the criticisms I have are all things that can be remedied somewhat easily. Best of luck moving forward! I hope some advice from an outsider can be of assistance as you grow as a band!