UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Recordings (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   cleaning up reaper files (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1565564)

nosuchmanasmole 09-30-2012 01:23 PM

cleaning up reaper files

stupidly didnt make separate project folders when i started using reaper now i have all these crappy out-take samples that i dont need and no way of deleting them without screwing up my other projects

anyone know if there's anyway i can delete all the sample that arent being used in any of my projects ?

thanks

demon.guitarist 09-30-2012 02:22 PM

Re-save the projects you want in a project folder and then just delete everything else? I may be misunderstanding your predicament.

nosuchmanasmole 09-30-2012 08:36 PM

i tired doing that but all the samples stay in the main folder

ive started moving them manually into separate folders but its going to take a hell of a long time

alexpalka23 09-30-2012 11:03 PM

I'm also wondering this. I did the same thing and I have roughly 3 years of projects that are stuck on my HDD haha. Anyone have some insight? Me and TS will love you forever, we swear :)

Odirunn 10-01-2012 01:05 AM

Save as, select the option to make a new project directory and to move all files to the new location. Delete all your old project folders and audio clips once you're sure the newly saved project directory and project files are working correctly.

alexpalka23 10-01-2012 11:19 AM

So, i don't know if you have aready figured this out on your own or not, but i figured it out. Go to file>Consolodate/Export Tracks

Make The new folder where you want it to be, and consolidate the project to there. All of the files will be copied to that new folder. Next time you open the project, navigate to that folder and find the project file, then open it with that through the File>open option in reaper.

Side note, all of the midi things ie. drums or whatever will become one solid midi part, so make sure you edit the cut pieces first before you do this, less it gets very tiresome to edit a huge line of midi in post production.

nosuchmanasmole 10-01-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odirunn
Save as, select the option to make a new project directory and to move all files to the new location. Delete all your old project folders and audio clips once you're sure the newly saved project directory and project files are working correctly.

ah thats the one , i cant believe i didnt see that stupid little box cheers man :cheers:

alex that consoldating thing affects the samples , its much easier to use the other method

fastlanestoner 10-01-2012 08:29 PM

I would delete what you can in the DAW

alexpalka23 10-02-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosuchmanasmole
ah thats the one , i cant believe i didnt see that stupid little box cheers man :cheers:

alex that consoldating thing affects the samples , its much easier to use the other method

Ahh, okay, there IS a checkbox to move the files to the new directory.

Awesome. Looks like we both just got helped :p cheers brother!