UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Musician Talk (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   convo food (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1565594)

sixsrtingsunder 09-30-2012 04:09 PM

convo food

After reading yet another argument over brain bubbling theoretical concepts, I was going to ask:..."How the heck is it that when I play a blues progrssion in d, starting with a d dom. 7th and moving thru to g & a dom 7ths is it that the e minor blues can be played?". Then I changed my mind. I thought, self, lets be pragmatic. ( Truth is, lots of ways.). Lets rather ask, why all the attitude? Actually, lots of times, all theyre saying is the same thing from a diff. p.o.v. Still, it is fun, and the community Here has a lot to say. Anyone reading here can learn a lot and come away with a few ideas(and inspiration to boot!). So I say, let the argument begin! Just try to be polite. If not than I say good day to you kind sir! ...AND YES, SOME THINGS I SAY DO HAVE OBVIOUS MEANINGS AND MOTIVES!!! Any takers?

jazz_rock_feel 09-30-2012 04:23 PM

By the way, your threads suck.

:-D 09-30-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsrtingsunder
Just try to be polite. If not than I say good day to you kind sir!

well then

good day

Hydra150 09-30-2012 04:40 PM

If you haven't got anything to say, but want to say it anyway, post in the Chat thread.

jazz_rock_feel 09-30-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
If you haven't got anything to say, but want to say it anyway, post in the Chat thread.

chronowarp 09-30-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsrtingsunder
After reading yet another argument over brain bubbling theoretical concepts, I was going to ask:..."How the heck is it that when I play a blues progrssion in d, starting with a d dom. 7th and moving thru to g & a dom 7ths is it that the e minor blues can be played?". Then I changed my mind. I thought, self, lets be pragmatic. ( Truth is, lots of ways.). Lets rather ask, why all the attitude? Actually, lots of times, all theyre saying is the same thing from a diff. p.o.v. Still, it is fun, and the community Here has a lot to say. Anyone reading here can learn a lot and come away with a few ideas(and inspiration to boot!). So I say, let the argument begin! Just try to be polite. If not than I say good day to you kind sir! ...AND YES, SOME THINGS I SAY DO HAVE OBVIOUS MEANINGS AND MOTIVES!!! Any takers?

Well because E minor pent still gives you approximately the sort of shiz you'd usually be playing over a D blues anyway.

E blues: E G A Bb B D
In D blues
over I: 9, 4, 5, #5, 6, R
over IV: 13, R, 9, b3, 3, 5
over V: 5, b7, R, b9, 9, 11

As you can see you don't have a lot of notes that are going to stick out and clash super hard...infact it gives you a few nice altered dominant type ammunition if you use it correctly. I wouldn't go blasting lines in that shape like I was playing the D blues, but if it helps you organize some more notes to incorporate...then that might be a good strategy.

Maybe instead of thinking about what's right/wrong, investigate something you found out and try to understand why it appears to be working.

Spaztikko 09-30-2012 07:37 PM

Woah, the chat thread's important - its where I talk to people like Hail on facebook and then shit my pants because he wants to WWE smack down my face.

And bro, you can use all twelve notes at any time. You can play whatever you want over D blues, even if its an accident

ha.

chronowarp 09-30-2012 07:44 PM

When he says "can be played" he obviously means when he noodles on it, he feels that the notes in that scale are 'good' notes over the chords.

sixsrtingsunder 09-30-2012 10:42 PM

Yeah, right on chrono. This was a responce post. I know you can use this over that. Infact, it was kinda my point. Convo. It was sarcastic an I appologiz, but found myself taking offense at certain responses. The questions were designed to get people thinking about stuff Ive seen/ heard in the past. Its good sometimes to read stuff. However I wont phrase it that way any more.

Spaztikko 10-02-2012 12:27 AM

Wat.

food1010 10-02-2012 10:25 PM

I'm confused. Are we supposed to be answering a question here?

Spaztikko 10-02-2012 11:26 PM

I would dearly like to know what TS just said above mine.

Because what the fuck.