UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Subforum for Official and Only threads? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1566190)

JustRooster 10-04-2012 02:10 AM

Subforum for Official and Only threads?

This idea came from MakinLattes. All the 'official' and 'only' threads pretty much take up the entire first two pages of threads in the Pit. It's not a huge concern, but it is a pretty easy fix.

I was just posting here to see what kind of other support this idea might get. I knew a small handful who've liked the idea, but I didn't think this warranted a whole big thread in the Pit.

Thoughts?

adamgur96 10-04-2012 03:14 AM

I like this idea.

timbit2006 10-04-2012 04:08 AM

Hide threads option would be much better.

whoomit 10-04-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit2006

Yeah, I agree.

Spaztikko 10-04-2012 06:27 AM

I also think the hide threads option would be better.

I can't really put it into words at the moment because I'm really tired, but I can't see this being good for a few reasons, which I'll keep to myself because I've been climbing for the past four hours.

jthm_guitarist 10-04-2012 06:42 AM

An "ONLY" or "Generals" subforum would be nice.

GaryBillington 10-04-2012 06:46 AM

We could call it "The Only Official Only Official Forum".

Ometh 10-04-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

I third this.

Amuro Jay 10-04-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBillington
We could call it "The Only Official Only Official Forum".

Brilliant.

theogonia777 10-13-2012 10:09 AM

How many times are people going to suggest this? There are already like a million threads asking this same question. I feel like, are people genuinely that bothered by this? It's not that big of a deal really. I don't think it needs its own subforum at any rate. Honestly I feel that it would be more of a hassle to make it a seperate forum, because then I'd have to check a seperate subforum to check regular threads and only threads.

As for the hide threads sticky suggestion, I'll say what I say everytime. There is already a limit for the number of threads you can sticky, so I'm sure they'd have the same limit, which I think is like 25 or something like that, and there are easily more than that many Only threads, so that would still leave a ton of them.

Like seriously, is this really that big of a deal for people? :confused:

Spaztikko 10-13-2012 08:18 PM

Well, honestly no.
I'd be happy with 25 hides, that eliminates all the american sports I don't understand and the bronies and anime threads, and still have some left over.

whywefight 10-13-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Most_Triumphant 10-13-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight

YYEEAAAHHH!!! ! :haha:

Mysher 10-16-2012 03:02 AM

Thanks for the offer. UG will think over it. We made less official subjects. Write the new ideas. We will realize the best ideas.

blake1221 10-16-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
How many times are people going to suggest this? There are already like a million threads asking this same question. I feel like, are people genuinely that bothered by this? It's not that big of a deal really. I don't think it needs its own subforum at any rate. Honestly I feel that it would be more of a hassle to make it a seperate forum, because then I'd have to check a seperate subforum to check regular threads and only threads.

As for the hide threads sticky suggestion, I'll say what I say everytime. There is already a limit for the number of threads you can sticky, so I'm sure they'd have the same limit, which I think is like 25 or something like that, and there are easily more than that many Only threads, so that would still leave a ton of them.

Like seriously, is this really that big of a deal for people? :confused:

This, to emphasize overbitching on this subject.