UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   native american flute help (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1566434)

the nj plague13 10-05-2012 04:19 PM

native american flute help

So im looking to buy my second native american flute and for an upcoming show i am preforming a cover of "creek marys blood" by nightwish, in which im playing guitar and the native american flute. Ive listened to the song and researched alot but i cant seem to find the right flute key

Does anybody know what key flute John Two-Hawks uses in this particular song?

Thanks guyz no trollz pleez

Lord_Doku 10-05-2012 04:21 PM

Playing by ear ? That should solve everything.

metal4eva_22 10-05-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nj plague13
So im looking to buy my second native american flute and for an upcoming show i am preforming a cover of "creek marys blood" by nightwish, in which im playing guitar and the native american flute. Ive listened to the song and researched alot but i cant seem to find the right flute key

Does anybody know what key flute John Two-Hawks uses in this particular song?

Thanks guyz no trollz pleez

:haha: :haha: :haha:

the nj plague13 10-05-2012 04:38 PM

each flute has a different key. Am Em G etc. I need to order one that has the right notes for the song.

HarvesterofPain 10-05-2012 04:39 PM

Not sure if it helps, but I think the whole song is in C minor...

As soon as I saw "Native American Flute" in the title I knew it had to do with that song haha...

StewieSwan 10-05-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
:haha: :haha: :haha:

What's so funny? He's a native american, asshole.

TS, there are various kinds of native american flutes, but I believe the kind you're looking for will be similar to this:

These 6 holed flutes are generally capable of 2 keys, which are a 4th apart. The song is in C minor, so the key you want for your flute is going to be either Eb or Bb. I would go with the Bb, because it's going to give you the 7th below the root, which allows for better phrasing than getting one in Eb will.

Harvey Swick 10-05-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
What's so funny? He's a native american, asshole.

i dont see whats funny either although i get it. i have met people with a lot weirder names like this one guy i went to school with whose last name was "Long Pumpkin Seeds" or another kid named "White-eyes" i even met someone named "Rawhide Soldier Hulit"

ok its kinda funny.

the nj plague13 10-05-2012 06:28 PM

thanks that helps alot. and maybe we could all get along. Ive met the guy at a concert he is the most wise man i have ever met. If anything he taught me to get over hating every stupid soul on this planet and learn to teach than to scorn