UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Comedy that has gotten played out (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1566811)

The Madcap 10-08-2012 01:31 AM

Comedy that has gotten played out

Name some comedy whether it's TV, internet, etc. that you liked at first, but it got played out.

For me:

- Stephen Colbert. I liked his show for like the first month it started airing (when I was 15), but you can only watch that humor and character for so long. Plus there's something about it that just comes off very narcissistic.

- A lot of stuff from Reddit (Rage Comics, Advice Animals, etc.). I liked Advice Animals like this but now it's like they had to make one very every single type of emotion ever. I liked Rage comics at first, but they all follow the exact same formula which got incredibly redundant. That type of internet humor was funny when it was being made by social outcasts who could make fun of themselves. Now it's being made by "normal people."

South Park. Too many parodies and plots involving the FBI and CIA. A lot of episodes will start with a good plot, then the government, aliens, etc. will get involved.

Dreadnought 10-08-2012 01:38 AM

Second to South Park.

SGstriker 10-08-2012 01:38 AM

The Pit.

:(

Also, Family Guy

soundgarden1986 10-08-2012 01:39 AM

I'll agree with South Park as well. I haven't watched it in a few years because of that reason.

Harvey Swick 10-08-2012 01:40 AM

Seth MacFarlane by far.

i couldnt stand to watch "Ted" it was just one big Family Guy episode

MinterMan22 10-08-2012 01:41 AM

russell peters' indian accent

Weaponized 10-08-2012 01:43 AM

Everything

ErikLensherr 10-08-2012 01:49 AM

The last few seasons of Everybody Loves Raymond sucked.

goest 10-08-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madcap
Name some comedy whether it's TV, internet, etc. that you liked at first, but it got played out.

For me:

- Stephen Colbert. I liked his show for like the first month it started airing (when I was 15), but you can only watch that humor and character for so long. Plus there's something about it that just comes off very narcissistic.

False. Not to mention, he's become more and more harsh with his parodies. It's hilarious.

LightxGrenade 10-08-2012 01:56 AM

America unanimously started to hate Dane Cook and his "comedy". Personally I realized that a big part of his comedy amused me because he was so flamboyant and weird (and I was about 16 around the height of his popularity). Once the novelty wore off (and he made a string of absolutely SHITTY movies) there was nothing more to wait for...
College Humor, Ebaum's World, Tosh.0, "Weekly Fail" type of videos on youtube. It all kinda got played out. Especially Tosh, he just isn't all that funny with his comments anymore.
Tucker Max's blog. After a while I just realized this guy is just a total douche who -while occasionally recounting a story that made me laugh- was really just a guy profiting off his shitty behavior towards other people.
Maddox's website for the same reason as Tucker Max.
Ricky Gervais. Oh wait I never found that guy funny.
Russel Brand, my god did he get boring quick. Though he managed to parlay that into a quickie marriage with Katy Perry so good for him.
Kat Williams the black comedian, he had one HYSTERICAL comedy show then resorted to the typical "black people do it like this, white people do it like that" crap.
Although I was a tremendous fan in college, I find Seinfeld to be totally unwatchable anymore. I just don't have the patience for middle aged people complaining about the mundane shit we all have to deal with.
And finally and probably most noticeably Saturday Night Live. Part of it is the writing, part of it is the cast (Keenan Thompson makes Jimmy Fallon seem acceptable), but all in all that show has not been good for a long time. And after Kristen Wiig and Andy Samberg left, and with rumors that this is Jason Sudeikis' last season, it's not looking too good. All I can say is thank God for Bill Hader because he's turned some truly crappy sketches into decently funny ones with his funniness alone.

losing battle 10-08-2012 01:58 AM

Any racial comic, it doesn't work when your being PC, Tosh.0, SP, anything seth mcfarlane

Telecaster7 10-08-2012 02:00 AM

Memes. Well, the internet's idea of memes anyway.

And Seth McFarlane. I still find Family Guy amusing enough, but I'm tired of him not only using his shows to push his views in a blatant and annoying way but also because everything is the same.

Kensai 10-08-2012 02:01 AM

Definetely rage comics and well, almost anything recently made on the internet by the average user.

Clips like Gangnam style aren't that funny. It's some quirky guy, quirky music, quirky video... that gets really old after a while.

JacobTheMe 10-08-2012 02:02 AM

Slapstick.

purplexing 10-08-2012 02:04 AM

Actually this week's episode of south park was great. I almost gave up on that show.

Mudmen190 10-08-2012 02:05 AM

Jon Lajoie. Funny for maybe 8 seconds.

guitarmunkee 10-08-2012 02:12 AM

Single-camera situation comedies, every comedy that comes out has to have this 'look'. Just look at all the new comedies on NBC and ABC.

Carnivean 10-08-2012 02:19 AM

I could watch Seinfeld and Frasier in cyclical binges for the rest of my life.

lolmnt 10-08-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goest
False. Not to mention, he's become more and more harsh with his parodies. It's hilarious.
Yes.

stratkat 10-08-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmunkee
Single-camera situation comedies, every comedy that comes out has to have this 'look'. Just look at all the new comedies on NBC and ABC.

I wasn't aware they had comedies to begin with.