UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Original Recordings (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   333 (Guitar improv, jazz fusion/shred) C4C (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1566946)

awesomo41894 10-08-2012 11:23 PM

333 (Guitar improv, jazz fusion/shred) C4C

I have no clue if this is good or not, but I would love some opinions, I kinda love/hate this video. It started with the drum beat and I thought it was cool, so I improvd a bass line, a clean guitar line, a distortion line, and decided to solo over it.

The real video starts at 0:34, the part be4, is the more aggressive side to my soloing, or the 666, while this improv is the softer, or the 333 (XD That sounds so corny, but thats how I came up with the title)

Anyways lemme know if u like it, as always Ill c4c.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li6t...eature=youtu.be

Thanks,

Jake P

le screamist 10-09-2012 06:27 PM

Thanks for the crit man! :)

Your song scared me...in a good way! Very reminiscent of a lot of free improv jazz bands, but with a contemporary touch added to it.

I liked your guitar tone a lot, very unhinged and manic when combined with your play style - shredders typically go for that liquid-smooth kind of neck pickup sound, but I like the combination of the aggressive guitar tone and the almost out of control backing instrumentation.

Keep it up! Your playing is exceptional - wish I could shred like that :|

awesomo41894 10-09-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le screamist
Thanks for the crit man! :)

Your song scared me...in a good way! Very reminiscent of a lot of free improv jazz bands, but with a contemporary touch added to it.

I liked your guitar tone a lot, very unhinged and manic when combined with your play style - shredders typically go for that liquid-smooth kind of neck pickup sound, but I like the combination of the aggressive guitar tone and the almost out of control backing instrumentation.

Keep it up! Your playing is exceptional - wish I could shred like that :|

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate the kind words! This is prolly the weirdest thing ive ever recorded, im glad someone liked it! The tone ive spent a lot of time on, its with all free vsts haha. and I used to be one of those neck pickup shredders haha BUT it didnt fit me. I like trying to sound different from other musicians, and making my own sounds.

JayCartay 10-10-2012 03:05 AM

I found it a bit strange, but when I read the comment above about it being a bit like jazz improv, it suddenly made more sense :D

I love the soloing and wish I could play like that dude, I just found the clean guitar bits conflicted with it a bit at times. Other than that it was good, and like I say the soloing is awesome. Good job :)

White Python 10-10-2012 09:44 AM

well, that was unexpected. I have never tried this kind of music, i have a bit jazzy influences but not that much. I think ill dig into that. I liked it :) gotta try it myself.

Wanna check out my latest solo guitar stuff? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1566823

Indy_Fire 10-10-2012 04:22 PM

That is some crazy stuff goin on there, Lead playing was great the backing track is bonkers.
By the looks of the vid you seem well into the moment.
Just one thing.....are you in your pants? =S

Cheers for the crit.

Drummerrrrr? 10-11-2012 07:16 AM

Damnnnnnnnn I wish I could play like that, that was unreal hah! A bit repetitive, I think this would really shine with some dynamic. Really slowing down and building up into the shred with maybe some recurring melody. What's your guitar signal chain? Lead sounds tastyyyyy! Thanks for the crit, mang, this was a good listen :)

awesomo41894 10-11-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_Fire
That is some crazy stuff goin on there, Lead playing was great the backing track is bonkers.
By the looks of the vid you seem well into the moment.
Just one thing.....are you in your pants? =S

Cheers for the crit.

Thanks man haha

And I have full clothes on XD haha

awesomo41894 10-11-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerrrrr?
Damnnnnnnnn I wish I could play like that, that was unreal hah! A bit repetitive, I think this would really shine with some dynamic. Really slowing down and building up into the shred with maybe some recurring melody. What's your guitar signal chain? Lead sounds tastyyyyy! Thanks for the crit, mang, this was a good listen :)

Thanks a lot man!

My guitar signal chain was pretty simple, just my guitar (ESP LTD H-500 with emg 81 and 85) into my computer which was running reaper, and my effect sound was based around some free vsts i found, mostly LePou plugins, LeCab, some impulses, and a delay, and some TSE stuff haha if u want exact stuff just message me and i can message u with what i used exactly to get the tone.