UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bass Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Yamaha THR-10 can handle bass? Anyone tested it? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1567008)

Queiroz.SP 10-09-2012 11:53 AM

Yamaha THR-10 can handle bass? Anyone tested it?
 
What's up guys?

I have to make a decision and i need some advices.

My budget is $300 for a beginner bass and amp.

Should i buy the Yamaha RBX170 with Laney RB1 bass amp?

Or buy the Yamaha RBX374 and use my guitar amp with the bass?

Some people told me that it can handle bass aswell.. Is it true?

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Queiroz

Sudaka 10-09-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queiroz.SP

Or buy the Yamaha RBX374 and use my guitar amp with the bass?

This is not an option. If you use guitar speakers for bass, you'll destroy them, paricularly at medium to high level. Do not play your bass through guitar speakers. You coul play your bass through a guitar head, through a bass cabinet, though. But i think that's not a chance for you, considering your budget.

Where do you live? DO you want to be able to jam/play any gig with your amp? help us help you!

Queiroz.SP 10-09-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudaka
This is not an option. If you use guitar speakers for bass, you'll destroy them, paricularly at medium to high level. Do not play your bass through guitar speakers. You coul play your bass through a guitar head, through a bass cabinet, though. But i think that's not a chance for you, considering your budget.

Where do you live? DO you want to be able to jam/play any gig with your amp? help us help you!


I had to ask this because the THR-10 amp have the option for bass, acoustic and keyboard aswell...

BASS - ACO - FLAT

That's why...

I won't play any gigs with my amp. I want a good amp to learn how to play bass at home.

Thanks for the feedback :D

QPC_Sam 10-09-2012 01:14 PM

This review implies you can use a bass:
http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/...516844/review/3

"The Bass and Flat modes offer yet more flexibility. Whether it's four-string fun or even plugging in a keyboard, the results are very impressive."

Queiroz.SP 10-09-2012 06:10 PM

What about this VOX bass amp?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...dKyWLCfI#at=195

What do you guys think?

Sudaka 10-09-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queiroz.SP
I had to ask this because the THR-10 amp have the option for bass, acoustic and keyboard aswell...

BASS - ACO - FLAT

That's why...

I won't play any gigs with my amp. I want a good amp to learn how to play bass at home.

Thanks for the feedback :D

Oh, sorry, my bad. It's just that every day someone comes here and asks about using a bass through a guitar amp.

QPC_Sam 10-10-2012 06:26 AM

^^Yeah, I started to say the same thing, until I saw the musicradar review.

So somebody has at last run the 'bass through guitar amp' gauntlet and come through with a 'probable yes' -- if you trust musicradar, anyway.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.