UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Musician Talk (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   So there are like 100 of these.... (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1567106)

The_Musician321 10-09-2012 10:59 PM

So there are like 100 of these....
 
Would anyone know what key this progression is in?

Dm/A, Em/G, A#no5


Sorry in advance for the repetitive-ness....

King Of Suede 10-09-2012 11:44 PM

Qm with a sharp 7.5

TK1 10-10-2012 12:12 AM

That looks like the key of C, with a borrowed A# (or Bb) from it's parallel minor.

The_Musician321 10-10-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of Suede
Qm with a sharp 7.5




Oh that sounds like a scale I've heard of.

It's called go **** yourself.





To the person that was actually helpful.... Thanks for the help. Again sorry for the noob question.

:-D 10-10-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Musician321
Oh that sounds like a scale I've heard of.

It's called go **** yourself.

easy there, tiger

Hail 10-10-2012 03:07 AM

i think king was far more helpful in his answer we're holding TS in trial to determine the legitimacy of his reasoning facilities

mdc 10-10-2012 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Musician321
Would anyone know what key this progression is in?

Dm/A, Em/G, A#no5


Sorry in advance for the repetitive-ness....

Is there more context?

Other chords, song, time signature, rhythm?

The_Musician321 10-10-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc
Is there more context?

Other chords, song, time signature, rhythm?



No song that's been put out. This is just a section of something I'm working on. I've tried to work out the key myself but the chords are kind of wierd so I needed help.


Let me make a correction. It's Dm/A, E5, Em/G, A#no5. And meter is 4/4.

AlanHB 10-10-2012 06:15 AM

^^^ The other parts you're working on, do they have chords?

mdc 10-10-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Musician321
No song that's been put out. This is just a section of something I'm working on. I've tried to work out the key myself but the chords are kind of wierd so I needed help.


Let me make a correction. It's Dm/A, E5, Em/G, A#no5. And meter is 4/4.

Ok so I'll guess how you voice these... one chord per bar in 4/4 I'll assume
Code:
1---0- 3---0- 2---0- --2---8 0-2---5 --0-3-6


It resolves to D Minor. The E chord's aren't diatonic, though. Label A#no5 as Bb also.

The_Musician321 10-10-2012 08:03 AM

Ok let me go ahead and just tab it out. Probably would have been more helpful in the beginning.


Dm/A E5 Em/G Bbno5
e----------------------------------
b----------------------------------
G---------------------------------
D--3--------2----2---------------
A----5------2----2------5--------
E----5------0----3------6--------



That's the way I play the chords. It's in 4/4, and I play each chord once, play the root palm muted twice before playing moving to the next chord. Same way the main riff in Metallica - Orion is played.

mdc 10-10-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Musician321
Ok let me go ahead and just tab it out. Probably would have been more helpful in the beginning.


Dm/A E5 Em/G Bbno5
e----------------------------------
b----------------------------------
G---------------------------------
D--3--------2----2---------------
A----5------2----2------5--------
E----5------0----3------6--------



That's the way I play the chords. It's in 4/4, and I play each chord once, play the root palm muted twice before playing moving to the next chord. Same way the main riff in Metallica - Orion is played.

D Minor. Listen to how it resolves... back to D minor every time. After you play Bb, hit a Dm chord and just sustain it... you can hear that it sounds finished (resolved) on Dm.

The_Musician321 10-10-2012 09:15 AM

Ok I appreciate the help with this one of hundreds of the "what key is this progression" threads.

I'm trying to figure out a decent scale to use with this progression and being sure about the key is a big help. I was playing a E Lydian Diminished which sounded ok at some points, but something about it overall just didn't sound right.

mdc 10-10-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Musician321
I was playing a E Lydian Diminished which sounded ok at some points, but something about it overall just didn't sound right.

:eek: D Minor scale, dude.

The_Musician321 10-10-2012 09:33 AM

No I know that now, but I'm saying this took place last night before I asked the question....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.