UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   pre ordering cd's (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1567123)

jrcsgtpeppers 10-10-2012 02:48 AM

pre ordering cd's

What are the pro's and con's of pre ordering cd's? Any positive experiences? I pre ordered the parallax 2 and here i am with a feeling simar to major blue balls. The cd didnt come on the release date. Whats the point in pre ordering if i could have gone and bought it cheaper at the store?

ErikLensherr 10-10-2012 02:52 AM

Argh matey, if only there were some way to obtain it free and near instantaneously.

soXlittleXtimeX 10-10-2012 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
Argh matey, if only there were some way to obtain it free and near instantaneously.

Yarr! After years o' searchin' t' seven seas, I found out thar be a way t' do it!

Jon777 10-10-2012 03:03 AM

Often times preorders come bundled with some other rad stuff like shirts.
Also, as far as I've heard, sometimes they arrive before the release date.

That's about it for the pros, I think. I usually just buy my CDs in the store unless I really like the preorder bundle.

Thrill-house 10-10-2012 03:04 AM

I never pre-order anything, it's always a huge production to get it.

ErikLensherr 10-10-2012 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soXlittleXtimeX
Yarr! After years o' searchin' t' seven seas, I found out thar be a way t' do it!

Avast with thy lies ye barnacle munching scally wigger :mad:

daytripper75 10-10-2012 03:12 AM

I only buy vinyl now. I'll pre order an album if it gets me a limited color. If not, I'll generally wait.

Some websites offer extra stuff when you pre order CDs. I've gotten free posters, and even a few free 7" records for pre ordering CDs.

jthm_guitarist 10-10-2012 03:12 AM

Supporting the band I guess.

cptcomet 10-10-2012 04:15 AM

I've preordered albums before, and they've come a couple of days before release. Recently I preordered an album and it took about 4 days after release to arrive.

Pros and Cons right there.

I've preordered the new Paul Gilbert album. It's out on monday so hopefully i'll get it saturday.

slash_GNR666 10-10-2012 04:16 AM

lolcds

Thrill-house 10-10-2012 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash_GNR666
lolcds

Some of us like to actually have a physical copy. I like having the insert with all the lyrics and pictures.

slash_GNR666 10-10-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill-house
Some of us like to actually have a physical copy. I like having the insert with all the lyrics and pictures.

Don't be getting all butthurt lol

I do like having CD's however my pennies can't handle my OCD of having a full band's discography so I have stopped (at least until I win the lottery) buying CD's :p:

cptcomet 10-10-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:
Don't being getting all butthurt lol

I do like having copies however my pennies can't handle my OCD of having a full bands discography so I have stopped (at least until I win the lottery) buying CD's :p:

I don't tend to buy a lot of cds, I get the ones from my favourite bands and just listen to the rest on Spotify. Got most of my cd's stolen too :(

Thrill-house 10-10-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:
Don't being getting all butthurt lol

I do like having CD's however my pennies can't handle my OCD of having a full band's discography so I have stopped (at least until I win the lottery) buying CD's :p:

I'm not butthurt, I was telling why I like buying CDs, jeez..

slash_GNR666 10-10-2012 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill-house
I'm not butthurt, I was telling why I like buying CDs, jeez..

:p: I read it that way

captaincrunk 10-10-2012 04:40 AM

you get early access to DLCs and sometimes the devs give you cooler weapons and maps