UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Laney LC 15. What do you guys think? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1567199)

Queiroz.SP 10-10-2012 03:57 PM

Laney LC 15. What do you guys think?

What's up guys?

I don't know if i will have an opportunity like this one again. Laney LC15 brand new worths 1100usd here in Brazil and i know a seller who wants to sell his Laney LC15 (used above 2 years) for $400 with shipping included and i already bought some ht stuff from this seller and everything went just fine. He told me that they amp is in great condition and he always took good care because it's valve.

I won't use for gigs (still learning guitar btw) but sounds like a great deal and i know that i will buy one eventually.

I already got an practice amp but this is the "real deal".

I intend to play from blues to metal. It is good enough?

How does the 15w from this amp compares to one Meteor 100w rms?

I tried to find one Laney LC15 at the local stores, but i couldn't find any.

My friend bought one Marshall Ma-100c for $1700usd at a local store and it sounds amazing. How does it compare to the LC15? I know it's in a different league but i had to ask...

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Queiroz

Dave_Mc 10-10-2012 04:46 PM

i don't think the lc15 will really do metal without some serious help from pedals.

I also didn't really much like the one i tried (but that was a long time ago).

Queiroz.SP 10-10-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
i don't think the lc15 will really do metal without some serious help from pedals.

I also didn't really much like the one i tried (but that was a long time ago).

Thanks for the feedback :D

So i will need a pedal like digitech bad monkey to play metal properly??

Should i save money for a better and more versatile amp ?

Dave_Mc 10-10-2012 04:52 PM

you might even need more than a bad monkey (or you might not :shrug: )

i guess if you can save more for a more metal-orientated amp, that'd be better, yeah. :)

Queiroz.SP 10-11-2012 05:55 AM

Thanks, Dave.

I've contacted the seller and he told me that the Laney LC15 is 4 years old, he had to change one valve and the speaker is one Celestion 10".

I guess i will find better deals in the future since i'm still learning i won't need that right now... Save more money for a better amp.

Regards,
Queiroz

Dave_Mc 10-11-2012 11:28 AM

no problem :)

Perverockstar69 10-11-2012 12:10 PM

It does metal with a DS-1 in front (with drive at 0), that's the first use I give to mine (hell, I even like it without the pedal using EMG's). It's a really great amp for the money, I'll never get rid of it. If you are not gonna gig then it's a nice option. If you are gonna gig playing rock without pristine cleans it's still a good option. If you think you are gonna gig playing metal THEN it's not an option. Edit: Except for Sludge, I like powertube saturation for metal...

BTW, the Bad Monkey is more than enough to push that Laney into metal territories.

Dave_Mc 10-11-2012 12:48 PM

oh ok. it's ages since i've tried one. I just didn't want to say the BM would be enough in case it wasn't. :)

Perverockstar69 10-11-2012 12:51 PM

:cheers:

Dave_Mc 10-11-2012 12:54 PM

:cheers: