UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Muse 2nd law (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1567485)

Neo Evil11 10-12-2012 09:12 AM

Muse 2nd law

So basically Muse says that it's the 2nd law of thermodynamics that will stop human advancement in the end. But of all reasons why humans should live better etc. bladiebladiebla, that must be one of the worst ones. The earth isn't a closed system, the sun will shine for another billion years. And maybe then we can go to another solar system who knows.

So why does Muse take this natural law as reason why we should change the Human system? While it will take a massive amount of time, before that becomes the problem? :confused:

Kensai 10-12-2012 09:13 AM

I think being so high up in the sky has given them Space Dementia.

yoman297 10-12-2012 09:15 AM

I don't think they have found their Guiding Light for this theory.

rocklee1431 10-12-2012 09:18 AM

I agree, that's just Madness

crazysam23_Atax 10-12-2012 09:18 AM

Neo pls.

cptcomet 10-12-2012 09:19 AM

We'll have to ask them when they're Sober.

Neo Evil11 10-12-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Neo pls.

:confused: Wat? If my reasoning is flawed, pls explain CrazySam_Ajax.

JackalUK 10-12-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
The name "The 2nd Law" references the Second law of thermodynamics, which is quoted in the track "Unsustainable" as follows:
All natural and technological processes proceed in such a way that the availability of the remaining energy decreases. In all energy exchanges, if no energy enters or leaves an isolated system, the entropy of that system increases. Energy continuously flows from being concentrated, to becoming dispersed, spread out, wasted, and useless. New energy cannot be created and high-grade energy is being destroyed

Umm..no, conservation of energy and all that. Am I missing something?

Neo Evil11 10-12-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackalUK
The name "The 2nd Law" references the Second law of thermodynamics, which is quoted in the track "Unsustainable" as follows:
All natural and technological processes proceed in such a way that the availability of the remaining energy decreases. In all energy exchanges, if no energy enters or leaves an isolated system, the entropy of that system increases. Energy continuously flows from being concentrated, to becoming dispersed, spread out, wasted, and useless. New energy cannot be created and high-grade energy is being destroyed

Umm..no, conservation of energy and all that. Am I missing something?

Yeah, but if you have a giant sun next to you, surely losing high-grade energy isn't that much of a problem yet.

yoman297 10-12-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcomet
We'll have to ask them when they're Sober.

But... Chris is already a New Born from alcohol.

Sampy 10-12-2012 09:27 AM

I remember reading an explanation of it once that made sense.

I can't remember what it was though.

Panegyric 10-12-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Evil11
Yeah, but if you have a giant sun next to you, surely losing high-grade energy isn't that much of a problem yet.

Maybe if our economy ran on solar energy instead of petroleum.

EpiExplorer 10-12-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:
Neo pls.

craysmtax pls.

crazysam23_Atax 10-12-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Evil11
:confused: Wat? If my reasoning is flawed, pls explain CrazySam_Ajax.
It's not flawed. I just don't give 2 fucks. :shrug:

It's a bad album, just as Resistance was bad. Muse may be experimenting, but their form of experimentation is bullshit. They know it too.

Neo Evil11 10-12-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panegyric
Maybe if our economy ran on solar energy instead of petroleum.

So you want to give up growth, to preserve high grade energy? To what end? If you want everthing to become more efficient; say that. If you want us to invest more in solar energy: say that. Saying: high grade energy is being lost? No shit sherlock, we're using it.

TimTheWizard 10-12-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:
It's not flawed. I just don't give 2 fucks. :shrug:

It's a bad album, just as Resistance was bad. Muse may be experimenting, but their form of experimentation is bullshit. They know it too.

amen bro.

OT: maybe they use it as a metaphor for the financial cirisis? Idk tho, it's been a long time since Muse was trying to be deep and it actually made sense to me :shrug:

Eastwinn 10-12-2012 09:39 AM

maybe they're just dumb.

people always bring up the second law of thermodynamics. before taking them seriously, ask them what the other ones are.

Philip_pepper 10-12-2012 09:41 AM

Muse age like milk.

They should quit.

Dreadnought 10-12-2012 10:18 AM

They're just being pretentious as usual. No need to look for further meaning in their nonsense...

jakesmellspoo 10-12-2012 10:19 AM

i don't get it.

i must be dumb.