UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Do you want your tracks mixed for free??? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1567573)

Mattroberts199 10-12-2012 06:25 PM

Do you want your tracks mixed for free???

I'm looking to increase my portfolio so am offering to mix your tracks for free, all I ask in return is for permission to use them in my portfolio and on my website.

Any questions or if your interested feel free to pm me.

yoman297 10-12-2012 06:29 PM

cool offer but wrong forum I think.

Mattroberts199 10-12-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoman297
cool offer but wrong forum I think.

Thought it might be a long shot posting here but just trying anywhere atm

oneblackened 10-12-2012 07:39 PM

Nah, I can do it myself :)

ChemicalFire 10-12-2012 07:53 PM

People don't tend to trust there work to a newbie who no one knows and has no evidence of their talent in audio production.

Just saying.

captaincrunk 10-12-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
People don't tend to trust there work to a newbie who no one knows and has no evidence of their talent in audio production.

Just saying.

that's why he's doing this

just saying

ChemicalFire 10-12-2012 07:59 PM

Yeah BUT. There are many resources out there that provide stems of songs for mixing practise. Most people are only gonna give people their music if they think they'll get something usable at the end of it. Most people will be put off if they don't think their music will be well mixed.

MOST, not all. Some people are just nice I 'spose.

captaincrunk 10-12-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Yeah BUT. There are many resources out there that provide stems of songs for mixing practise. Most people are only gonna give people their music if they think they'll get something usable at the end of it. Most people will be put off if they don't think their music will be well mixed.

MOST, not all. Some people are just nice I 'spose.

it's not like you have to keep whatever he gives you

strat0cast3r 10-12-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattroberts199

Ass to mouth?

DisarmGoliath 10-12-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattroberts199

That's called 'spam'. Spam isn't taken to very kindly on UG, and if you aren't careful you're likely to receive a warning or ban pretty quickly... i.e you've effectively signed up just to do this, have you not?

Not my forum to moderate, so not really my call on this, but the Pit mods are pretty lenient so you may be let off on this one :o

WaltTheWerewolf 10-12-2012 08:39 PM

Problem is besides the obvious newly created account the OP did to post what some might see as spam? Almost Everyone these days has access to software for recording etc. There is no need to have a track properly mixed when you can learn it yourself through info on the internet and trial and error...

GaryBillington 10-13-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltTheWerewolf
Problem is besides the obvious newly created account the OP did to post what some might see as spam? Almost Everyone these days has access to software for recording etc. There is no need to have a track properly mixed when you can learn it yourself through info on the internet and trial and error...

But by practising with other people's recordings he gains experience of different styles of music, different instrumentation and just generally different songs. He also gets feedback about the quality of his mixing, something you don't get in the same way about your own recordings.

If it wasn't a complete noob with no information about himself and no previous recordings loaded to his profile I'd offer to provide some of my songs.

TS - if you're serious about this, stick around and get involved in more threads than just your own, also update your profile with some useful information so we can learn a bit more about you. Then get in touch with me & I'll send you the unmixed tracks from some of my songs.

TheEternalJew 10-13-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltTheWerewolf

Most people who try to mix their own stuff can't mix for shit. They have no idea what they are doing.

GaryBillington 10-13-2012 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalJew
Most people who try to mix their own stuff can't mix for shit. They have no idea what they are doing.

That's true at first, but with practice people get better. There's some excellent stuff to be found by surfing around the profiles on UG.

xxdarrenxx 10-13-2012 05:01 AM

I don't see any problems with op.

Free track mixing, and possible free publicity of your music on his website.