UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cover Songs (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   C4C: The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1568497)

dwally89 10-18-2012 11:12 AM

C4C: The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
 
Hi,

I've just uploaded a cover of Paint It Black here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6qY...eature=youtu.be

I decided to make the song slightly more modern/my own style, and did not attempt to do a strict cover like I normally do.
Try and listen with headphones if possible, to make the most of the panning.

Comments would be appreciated, C4C.

Thanks :-)

latnemrz 10-18-2012 11:24 AM

- You fluffed the last note on the intro.
- Use an auto tuner on the vocals, the harmonies are out
- The guitar is louder on the left speaker
- Rhythm guitar around the 2 minute mark sounds out (maybe use a less static guitar sound and go for a more lighter marshal sound)
- Humming sounded good

dwally89 10-18-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latnemrz
- You fluffed the last note on the intro.
I know
Quote:
Originally Posted by latnemrz
- Use an auto tuner on the vocals, the harmonies are out
Not a fan of autotune
Quote:
Originally Posted by latnemrz
- The guitar is louder on the left speaker
And?
Quote:
Originally Posted by latnemrz
- Rhythm guitar around the 2 minute mark sounds out (maybe use a less static guitar sound and go for a more lighter marshal sound)
I didn't notice that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by latnemrz
- Humming sounded good
Thanks

latnemrz 10-18-2012 07:58 PM

Auto tune sucks but it's good for correcting a pitch. It's not like you're trying to be something that your not, it's just for imperfections.

dwally89 10-19-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latnemrz
Auto tune sucks but it's good for correcting a pitch. It's not like you're trying to be something that your not, it's just for imperfections.

I understand the use of auto tune, but still I'd rather not use it.


Anyway, anyone else?

dwally89 10-26-2012 10:13 AM

Anyone else? C4C

R_Gallagher_Fan 10-26-2012 04:06 PM

Great cover, mixed really well and right on man, auto tune sucks even if something may be a bit out of tune or not in pitch. That's what makes it human there's all ways gonna be small mistakes, that's what makes it ROCK 'N' ROLL!

I really enjoyed the part from 3:07 onwards, the harmonys were spot on and tight, the guitar in the solo was cool with the panning left and right and sort of fading in reverb sound.
Excellent job!

C4C? http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSd...g/videos?view=0

I also checked out your blues instrumentals and they were pretty good sounding!

dwally89 10-28-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Gallagher_Fan
Great cover, mixed really well and right on man, auto tune sucks even if something may be a bit out of tune or not in pitch. That's what makes it human there's all ways gonna be small mistakes, that's what makes it ROCK 'N' ROLL!

I really enjoyed the part from 3:07 onwards, the harmonys were spot on and tight, the guitar in the solo was cool with the panning left and right and sort of fading in reverb sound.
Excellent job!

C4C? http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSd...g/videos?view=0

I also checked out your blues instrumentals and they were pretty good sounding!

Thanks for the comments :-)
Yeah, I thought I'd try a different approach to the solo by using delay and panning.

Watched some of your videos, pretty good, keep it up :-)

Ali Mac 10-29-2012 04:00 AM

I wasn't really a fan of your twist on the song. You did an overall good job. Def. keep it up!
p.s. where are you from? (trying to figure out the accent... lol).
c4c:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1570148

dwally89 11-18-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Mac
I wasn't really a fan of your twist on the song. You did an overall good job. Def. keep it up!
p.s. where are you from? (trying to figure out the accent... lol).
c4c:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1570148


Thanks :-)
Lol, I'm from Manchester, England

djmarcelca 11-18-2012 01:24 PM

You have a Strong Nasal sound to your voice.
Try singing from the diaphragm. Unless you are looking to sound like a country singer doing Rock. Randy Travis singing the Stones is the closest I can think of.

Singing isn't my strong suit either but I'm working very hard to improve as well.
Pitch Correction/auto tune can be seamless and unnoticeable if your settings are correct.

As for your playing, it was pretty good. minor imperfections but not noticeable.

dwally89 11-20-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmarcelca
You have a Strong Nasal sound to your voice.
Try singing from the diaphragm. Unless you are looking to sound like a country singer doing Rock. Randy Travis singing the Stones is the closest I can think of.

Singing isn't my strong suit either but I'm working very hard to improve as well.
Pitch Correction/auto tune can be seamless and unnoticeable if your settings are correct.

As for your playing, it was pretty good. minor imperfections but not noticeable.


Hmm, yeah I've been told that I have a nasal voice before. I find it quite hard to not sing that way, although if you listen to my earlier videos, I like to think that I've improved.

I understand that auto tune can be seamless and unnoticeable, but still, I don't like the principle of it. I'd rather sing a bunch of takes and pick the best one than sing a take and apply autotune to it.

KabbaK 11-20-2012 07:58 PM

Awesome job dude. I'm not in grade to criticize you.

GNR1010 11-20-2012 09:24 PM

I thought that was a great job man!
Ill leave you a comment on your youtube page as well the next time im on in more detail.
C4C
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1572744

dwally89 12-02-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNR1010
I thought that was a great job man!
Ill leave you a comment on your youtube page as well the next time im on in more detail.
C4C
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1572744


Thanks :-)
Have left a comment on your thread

savale 12-03-2012 02:07 AM

I think it's pretty good, but there is room for improvement. Timing of the strum is a little off and you could improve on the vocals: try not to sound like the original and prevent singing through your nose. Looking forward for your next cover!

c4c?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1575755


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.