UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tabs & Chords (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   [GP5] Black Magic (Proggy black something metal)) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1568910)

S0n1c '97 10-20-2012 11:14 PM

[GP5] Black Magic (Proggy something metal)

1 Attachment(s)
So I posted a bit of this song a while back, and I finished it recently. End of story. The chorus needs a rewrite but other than that, I love it.

EpiExplorer 10-21-2012 03:46 AM

It just sounds like Lamb of God with a piano in it. I cant really hear anything that would remotely class this is as black metal. What was your inspiration for it?

Erra93 10-21-2012 09:25 AM

Have to agree with Epi~, not saying it's bad, but I don't see the black metal of it :p:

EpiExplorer 10-21-2012 10:26 AM

Give all that a spin.

S0n1c '97 10-21-2012 11:19 AM

When I say black, I don't mean the sound, I mean the styling. The lack of a scale, mainly, is what I'm talking about. Don't take it too seriously guys, I just want some critique :haha:

EpiExplorer 10-21-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0n1c '97
When I say black, I don't mean the sound, I mean the styling. The lack of a scale, mainly, is what I'm talking about. Don't take it too seriously guys, I just want some critique :haha:

Well, still sounds like LoG with a piano in it. Problem is, your song has scales. Loads of them, they just change mid bar from one slight variation to the next. This is a song without a set scale:

Literaly has nothing that would constitute as a key or scale. Even has bitonality experiments.

Ometh 10-21-2012 01:05 PM

Great post-grind funk with a touch of sunburn rock, southern jazz and samba crusty blast beat. A must read for every microwave food connoisseur! 10/10

Erra93 10-21-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Great post-grind funk with a touch of sunburn rock, southern jazz and samba crusty blast beat. A must read for every microwave food connoisseur! 10/10

RedDeath9 10-21-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh

This has to be one of the best sentences I've ever read.

mardisaaron 10-30-2012 10:52 PM

I like it a lot...maybe work in some more piano parts throughout the song or something. Why does it say the instrument on the drum track is a piano instead of percussion?

~Flounder~ 11-09-2012 06:14 PM

Really Cool, if not a tad generic. I would have loved to hear more going on with the piano, and maybe some added synth stuff (pads, leads, etc). I don't know where everyone is getting this 'black metal' thing, the name of the song is Black Magic (not black metal) so maybe that's what's going on. I think its groove/melodeath. Definitely has the lamb of god style verses and hook stuff. And as far as the 'scale' stuff the song just sticks to diminished (d) so yeah

silhouettica 11-10-2012 12:24 AM

Just sayin, there is a scale. With the exception of a few runs in there, the song is in the D harmonic minor scale.