UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electric Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   can anyone tell me about my Artisan guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1569536)

bill reed 10-24-2012 03:39 PM

can anyone tell me about my Artisan guitar

3 Attachment(s)
Hi
i have an Artisan guitar but can find no information about it.
its strange as there id no fretboard fitted, the frets are straight onto the neck,
no Rosewood fretboard.
its areally nice playing guitar and playes better than my Mexican fender strat.

jeleopard 10-24-2012 03:53 PM

Seems like some shitty knock off beginner strat

H4T3BR33D3R 10-24-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill reed
Hi
its strange as there id no fretboard fitted, the frets are straight onto the neck,
no Rosewood fretboard.

Well technically the frets are on the fretboard. It's not like rosewood is exclusive.

Probably a cheap knockoff. It looks pretty good though, so if you like it, keep playing it.

JoeFlips 10-24-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:
Hi
no Rosewood fretboard.

Some guitars have maple fretboards, if the neck is maple then it's not absurd that there is no separate fretboard. Find a serial number and we might be able to help you.

bill reed 10-24-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFlips
Some guitars have maple fretboards, if the neck is maple then it's not absurd that there is no separate fretboard. Find a serial number and we might be able to help you.

Sorry but no serial number on it, yes its a maple neck and look good, I though it was just a cheap guitar till i set it up and played it, really plays very well and has a nice tone. much better than you would expect with a cheap knock-off, the fretboad is almost flat and has a nice low action with no fret buzz.
was for my son to learn as my fenders were to good for him to learn on, but this really has suprised me. that why I wanted to try and find out more about it.

JoeFlips 10-24-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:
was for my son to learn as my fenders were to good for him to learn on, but this really has suprised me. that why I wanted to try and find out more about it.

Why? Playing a guitar with high action that sounds bad is going to turn a new player away from guitar. If you have the option, let him use one that plays well, at least! :peace:

H4T3BR33D3R 10-24-2012 04:41 PM

I wish I could help, but the only other thing I can find about those Artisan guitars just leads to your posts on other forums. I'm guessing the company didn't last long.

JoeFlips 10-24-2012 04:42 PM

http://artisanguitars.com/ ?

H4T3BR33D3R 10-24-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Did you check the link? They seem more like a guitar shop called artisan to me.

JoeFlips 10-24-2012 04:52 PM

:shrug: It said "Where artistry meets Craftsmanship" so I figured they probably made guitars as well. I didn't look too hard, just thought that might be it.

H4T3BR33D3R 10-24-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:
:shrug: It said "Where artistry meets Craftsmanship" so I figured they probably made guitars as well. I didn't look too hard, just thought that might be it.

Yeah I don't think it's the same guys. Just skimmed the site quickly.

bill reed 10-24-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:
Why? Playing a guitar with high action that sounds bad is going to turn a new player away from guitar. If you have the option, let him use one that plays well, at least! :peace:

the Artisan plays better then my 1972 Mex-Fender does. that what really shocked me,
the Fender is set up how I like it and i've had it since new, but there is just something about the feel of the Artisan,
my son thinks it great and does play the fender when i'm about.

the Artisan shop looks like that all it is just a guitar shop.
thanks for looking

JoeFlips 10-24-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:
my son thinks it great and does play the fender when i'm about.

That's all that matters!

bill reed 10-24-2012 06:10 PM

think it may have been made by Cort or in one of the two Cor-Tek plant in Korea.
have no serial number does sound like Cor-Tek.